Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

Warfare Benny Edition ZGM

Boro;1830974']Hi guys' date='

I playing Warfare Benny edition 2.066 ZGM v8 with Arma2-OA v1.57 without PMC and BAF. But I use the ACE-Mod.

[/quote']

Hi,

FYI: I've just ran another test without the ace mod but it still doesn't works.

I've also tried to upgrade to the newest version of the ace mod but the behavior is still the same.

I think in the current version, Blufor gets the Humwee CROWS too early. It's on barracks 1 and you can get that in 2 minutes to the game and just storm through towns very fast. Opfor UAZs stand no chance against them.

Maybe put them to barracks 2 or maybe go even further and put them to light factory lvl 0? Also maybe increase the prize of CROWS M2, it's 500 without AI which is very cheap for that kind of technology IMO, again, comparing to the strenght of OPFOR vehicles on that prize.

Edited by Arksa

@ARKSA: Thanks for the info, Arksa. Expect major price and tech level changes in one of the next major releases :)

@BORO: My mission is not suited for ACE. When the AI doesn't do anything, there's probably sth wrong with towninit.sqf or such...

v9

- Changed some vehicle weapons

- AI point-sharing system by Arma.is.great added

v9a

- Rebalanced Air & Antiair

- Increased death penalty

DOWNLOAD

WFBE2066ZGMv9b 17 ISLANDS PACKAGE

Edited by ZeroG

i dont know wut zero G and benny did to this zgm mod but i run it as local on my pc and it runs quite good even with ai and ai commander. it even saves and reload without any problems.

i haven't tried it with others connecting to me on LAN yet but it runs great as a single player for me to try the stuffs in it on my pc and not the public server.

oh, ovaron SE bridge is faulty. it's like a tank trap and i got the mhq stuck on it last time.

i would like to suggest the spawn point for the mhq when the game start to be more strategic if it's possible. since when the game started, we got a few vehicles with it and leaving it to drive the mhq to a better place for a base is a waste especially when the game is started with only 2 people.

anyway great work and it makes me feel that this mod is the next best thing since cheeseburger!!

Hey, I think the v9a archive you uploaded is incomplete. I get "unexpected end of archive" and cannot extract the last map "isladuala" from it. Re-downloaded the file with another browser, too.

EDIT: I also noted that the AI teams seem to have some money problems. In the commander's "team orders" view the number does not change, and it sometimes even features low negative numbers. There might be some bug there.

PS: I really like the improvements you made to Warfare BE, especially the AI changes and more starting vehicles. Makes the solo / coop play I want better than in vanilla. Thank you for your work!

Edited by Radtoo
Adding another possible bug.

Can starting vehicles be set via parameter. Not sure why anyone would want to start with a M2A2 and Stryker M2, but I'm sure some servers it would be okay and not result in people base hunting in the first few minutes :rolleyes:

Basehunting within the first 2h should be forbidden by death penalty.

:coop:

Basehunting within the first 2h should be forbidden by death penalty.

:coop:

2 hours? Really?

That's a little overkill I'd say. While I agree base hunting at the start of a mission is lame, 1 hour should be quite sufficient to get a few solid bases up and quite a high income.

2 hours? Really?

This reminds me of "that guy" back on C&C:TS who would say "OK 15 minutes startup time before battle k!?" and then at the exact moment 15 minutes passed would swarm your base with over 9000 engineers. :p

Well, we have a 60 minutes limit as a server rule. People follow it most of the time. Also I have to admit that my current skill level is modifiying and adding only very simple scripts. What I have a lot is ideas and some sense for balance..but I lack the skills to make them become reality. So, basehunt-deathpenalty is not possible for me....atm:rolleyes:

I wanted to add parameters for a lot of my changes before...but I always failed at creating them...though their implementation seems easy from the first view, there seems to be some hidden function I haven't found yet. :mad:

Money and AI bug?! Uh, never noticed that!

I will reupload the package by friday..don't have the stuff in my second flat at my workplace.

Well, there are 32P & 40P versions for the following islands:

DUALA / LINGOR / TROPICA / QUESH / FALLUJAH / EVERON2010 / CELLE / NICOSIA / SPRITZ / PODAGORSK (N/S versions) / NAMALSK / PANTHERA /OVARON / THIRSK (summer/winter versions) / CHERNARUS / TAKISTAN

I hope to have a functioning UPSMON version soon...arma.is.great helped me a lot with it, but resistance AI seems a little bit buggy (they just lie around on the floor and don't defend the town properly...except the vehicles.) UPSMON is a better solution than ZEUS imho, as people don't have to download another addon...same as with MANDO. I like connect & play...and that's what public servers should be to enlarge the playerbase.

Edited by ZeroG

This mission type is pretty great; thanks!

Has anyone else noticed that the name tags, when turned on, turn themselves back off after respawn?

It actually happened twice while spawned in yesterday but the battle was too heated for me to notice what I might have been doing, but they will guaranteed be off after respawn. They come back without issue when selected in the team menu.

No mods, just CO and the PVP Island pack but it happened with plain CO as well. Dedicated server, 1.57 77068 beta patch (I honestly don't recall if I've used the non-beta server executable).

One little question.

How do i use a nuclear strike ?

Its not that i really like to blow town by town in pieces,but after i reached the 150k price i thought it will be "auto available",but the button is still grey. So do i need a vehicle for that at first before ?

Sorry for my ignorance, just wanna see it one time in action.

:rolleyes:

One little question.

How do i use a nuclear strike ?

Its not that i really like to blow town by town in pieces,but after i reached the 150k price i thought it will be "auto available",but the button is still grey. So do i need a vehicle for that at first before ?

Sorry for my ignorance, just wanna see it one time in action.

:rolleyes:

there's an upgrade for it that I think requires air level 3, and the ICBM upgrade requires about 50K or 80K supplies and 100 000 cash.

So no, we won't see people launching nukes 2 hours into the game :p.

Edited by Arksa

@PHERTIKER

Nametags script is kinda beta. Maybe I can fix it in a future version, but I don't see people use it very often tbh. It was kind of "personal wish" to have it in ;-)

Hello ZeroG: I have downloaded the 17Islands pack with both Google Chroom and IE9 but both gave an "Unexpected end of archive" mssg

@ Arksa

May i explained myself wrong. I was playing in LAN and alone with AIs.Comm was AI and the game was already 8.5h long.;)

But you are right for sure. Noone wanna get gamma-ray'd during 2 hours of online gaming.

:shine:

as people don't have to download another addon...same as with MANDO. I like connect & play...and that's what public servers should be to enlarge the playerbase.

Nobody uses the Mando addon anyways. Use the script suite instead as it allows you to customize everything and players do not need additional addons

Yeah Mando Missiles is really awesome. Love it too. Changes the gameplay very good. Mando even made this awesome Script Suite that can be integrated into the mission so people dont have to have the mod on their computer. But the missions which use it can be counted with five fingers. You Gossamer in your Gossamer Warfare, some Domination mission i saw that is played from times to times on some server and which mission else? Its a shame :(

Yeah Mando Missiles is really awesome. Love it too. Changes the gameplay very good. Mando even made this awesome Script Suite that can be integrated into the mission so people dont have to have the mod on their computer. But the missions which use it can be counted with five fingers. You Gossamer in your Gossamer Warfare, some Domination mission i saw that is played from times to times on some server and which mission else? Its a shame :(

Yeah I do find that funny that so little people use it.

I think people complain sometimes that it's difficult to use. They like to claim they are playing a milsim, but they are afraid to take 5 minutes to figure out how to use mando :)

I actually think it's easier to use than the vanilla system now.

Hello ZeroG: I have downloaded the 17Islands pack with both Google Chroom and IE9 but both gave an "Unexpected end of archive" mssg

When decompressing it? Yeah, I got the same. One of the mission files corrupted probably.

@PHERTIKER

Nametags script is kinda beta. Maybe I can fix it in a future version, but I don't see people use it very often tbh. It was kind of "personal wish" to have it in ;-)

Roger that, thanks!

My squaddies and I have been messing about trying to see if we can fix it as well. So far: upgraded to newest beta, upgraded from ZGM 8 to 9a, now any changes and the mission doesn't appear in the mission list at all. Ha ha!

hey love playing this but one thing is it possible to choose uk troops than US as ur main char ? just running around in the grey gear with l85a2s etc seems a tad weird especially in the middle of a wood ( stand out a bit :P )

prolly a noob question :<

hey love playing this but one thing is it possible to choose uk troops than US as ur main char ? just running around in the grey gear with l85a2s etc seems a tad weird especially in the middle of a wood ( stand out a bit :P )

prolly a noob question :<

Not so easy as one could think...classes have to be changed in several files for that.