lennard

Lennard's WIP thread

The NATO patch shouldn't by any chance be inspired by the Arma-3 story...!

Hot damn, Lennard! Looking good there, man! :eek:

Loving the pattern. Was curious though it it went with doing that? Was it overly complicated to get it looking right or? I guess the whole part of my brain dedicated to PS has me curious, heh.

Glad it's recieved positively.

Hot damn, Lennard! Looking good there, man! :eek:

Loving the pattern. Was curious though it it went with doing that? Was it overly complicated to get it looking right or? I guess the whole part of my brain dedicated to PS has me curious, heh.

Well got the pattern from Google. Adjusted the colors in PS and pasted it on a soldiers' texture. That didn't take any longer than 10/15 minutes.

The layers in that soldiers' texture are set up to be easily edited for other camo patterns.

Edited by Lennard

Thinking ahead huh? Looks pretty cool, id love to see it in action if you decide to finish it. Btw , are the textures supposed to be of an NBC suit? The snaps caught my eye.

Thinking ahead huh? Looks pretty cool' date=' id love to see it in action if you decide to finish it. Btw , are the textures supposed to be of an NBC suit? The snaps caught my eye.[/quote']

Nah no NBC suit, just regular Netherlands army uniform cut.

---------------------------------

WIP Report

Been working on some ARs and Diemacos(Colt Canada) lately. Figuring out what configurations and accessoires are neat to have ingame.

It is mainly just for fun at the moment, no release date planned. And that fun comes from what I learn by doing.

For example the Diemaco BUIS, shown below, may be not much impressive but to undergo the hole process of modelling, texturing etc. is quite new for me.

I'm posting just to get some feedback from you guys

ccbuiss.jpg

-Click for high-res

Here's an examle of a Dutch C8a1 SFW

c8custom6s.jpg

-Click for high-res

Sooner or later they will be released though, but only when I'm satisfied.:rolleyes:

It looks great *thumbs up* ;) Are you really new to this? Pretty well done. Also, some of the simplest objects are actually the hardest ones to model.

I've been reading some about the Dutch military.

The Dutch armed forces (or is it only the Army?) is planning the upgrade of all it's C8 and C8A1 and C7 and C7A1 carbines and rifles respectively. They look pretty similar: dark earth furniture, Sweden Aimpoint in all those (including the C7 LSW/LOAW) and the 3XMag amplifiers to selected units. Also, apparently they will get rid of the TRI-AD rail system, and all rifles and carbines will be fitted with full railed handguards.

Operative;1969639']It looks great *thumbs up* ;) Are you really new to this? Pretty well done. Also' date=' some of the simplest objects are actually the hardest ones to model.

I've been reading some about the Dutch military.

The Dutch armed forces (or is it only the Army?) is planning the upgrade of all it's C8 and C8A1 and C7 and C7A1 carbines and rifles respectively. They look pretty similar: dark earth furniture, Sweden Aimpoint in all those (including the C7 LSW/LOAW) and the 3XMag amplifiers to selected units. Also, apparently they will get rid of the TRI-AD rail system, and all rifles and carbines will be fitted with full railed handguards.[/quote']

Thanks, well I'm not that new to it. Just trying different techniques.

About the refurbished C7, they are already issuing them to troops.

Here's a recent pic of the refurbished C7.

@Lennard: Oh now I see. Well, living and learning :)

Also, nice pic of the C7. Exactly this model I was talking about, albeit a different pic (or maybe it was a C8).

Do Dutch forces even use the SFW thought that their SF had C8A1 and Hk416?

STGN

Do Dutch forces even use the SFW thought that their SF had C8A1 and Hk416?

STGN

Yeah that is correct.

I have seen only one photo of a KCT operator with a SFW though, but can't find it anymore. It might have been of a test program or anything.

The main reason I made it is because I like it :)

I have seen only one photo of a KCT operator with a SFW though, but can't find it anymore. It might have been of a test program or anything.

Seems possible; there are pics of SFWs with Dutch serial numbers floating around (note the NL at the end):

C8A1.JPG

C8markings.JPG

^ You can see on the first pic that the SFW has a different hand grip to the C8A1 and M4 (I've seen it on UKs L119A1 SFWs too so I guess it's standard with the rifle). Could you add this?

Good job on it so far

Seems possible; there are pics of SFWs with Dutch serial numbers floating around (note the NL at the end):

http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/images/M4/C8A1.JPG

http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/images/M4/C8markings.JPG

^ You can see on the first pic that the SFW has a different hand grip to the C8A1 and M4 (I've seen it on UKs L119A1 SFWs too so I guess it's standard with the rifle). Could you add this?

Good job on it so far

Great thanks for those pics! :)

Will defenately make them as accurate as I can.

Dutch people don't walk around with wooden shoes, I'll give you that ;) and nice rifle's!

You can see on the first pic that the SFW has a different hand grip to the C8A1 and M4 (I've seen it on UKs L119A1 SFWs too so I guess it's standard with the rifle). Could you add this?

Done:

c8custom7s.jpg

- Click for high-res

Eotech model by Vilas

The wear on the bolt catch and on the receiver around the mag catch looks a little odd. I'd add a little variation to the wear since currently it seems to be the same gray color.

Other than that it looks great ;)

Have a shot of the other side?

Would LOVE to see some L119A1 style version of these (hand guards only, no foregrip, ACOG and Irons, AG36 GL, M4 style carry handle for iron sight versions)

Fakey airsoft version:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l265/Alezi/Muut/L119A1%20inspiration%20pics/C8andAG36.jpg?t=1241974292

Hotly awaiting their release regardless! Look sweet as (oh for the days of OFP when an AR15 Variant pack was released every other week!)

The wear on the bolt catch and on the receiver around the mag catch looks a little odd. I'd add a little variation to the wear since currently it seems to be the same gray color.

Other than that it looks great ;)

Have a shot of the other side?

They're basicly just BIS textures, sure with noise remove and colors etc. edited, but I see what you mean. Will try to improve them on those bits.

Thanks;)

Would LOVE to see some L119A1 style version of these (hand guards only, no foregrip, ACOG and Irons, AG36 GL, M4 style carry handle for iron sight versions)

Fakey airsoft version:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l265/Alezi/Muut/L119A1%20inspiration%20pics/C8andAG36.jpg?t=1241974292

Hotly awaiting their release regardless! Look sweet as (oh for the days of OFP when an AR15 Variant pack was released every other week!)

Brit SFWs sure would be neat indeed.

If you provide me with enough refs to make accurate L119a1s I'm up for it.

Brit SFWs sure would be neat indeed.

If you provide me with enough refs to make accurate L119a1s I'm up for it.

This is easily the best public ref image around for the L119A1:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7607/216471.jpg

You can see it has a slightly different barrel profile to most SFWs and the gas block/front sight post is beefed up a bit because firing the AG36 UGL was found to damage the the regular Colt version after a number of rounds. Notice the base of the sight post wraps all the way around, leaving no gap between the gas tube and barrel.

The rubber recoil pad for the butt-stock is normally fitted too (probably is fitted there, but you can't see it).

More recently they've been fitted with vortex-type flash eliminators (same basic type now used on the SA80) that allows a Surefire suppressor to be fitted (suppressors are seemingly used in conjunction with the short-barelled L119s). I can provide you with the models I made of both of these items for the UKF SA80s if you would like them.

I can send you more ref pics in a 7z file if you want, but they don't show the weapon in anywhere near as much detail as the one above

The most recent pic I have (i.e one with the latest gizmos) is this one of British Pathfinders:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1096/tfh2011040800102.jpg

However, PF are issued with different gear to UKSF so the magazines and sights might not be representative of the rifle's more famous user-base.

------

Edit:- nice job on the hand-grip :)

That first pic is a good ref indeed :)

It helped me come to this:

l119a1wip4.th.png l119a1wip3.th.png

- Note this is WIP ofcourse

I would gladly use those models you mentioned. It would really add that L119 feel.

Do you have msn or some sort? Talks a bit easier.

You used parts of Photos on your Texture?

I didn't make the texture, it's made by BIS. I only edited it to suit my likings.

But it's BIS M4 texture that is mostly based on pictures from what I can see yeah. Atleast the reciever looks like it is.

Fakey airsoft version:

What makes you say airsoft, don't think there where any air soft parts available that you could make a L119A1 from when that photo was posted on the internet?

This is easily the best public ref image around for the L119A1:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7607/216471.jpg

You can see it has a slightly different barrel profile to most SFWs and the gas block/front sight post is beefed up a bit because firing the AG36 UGL was found to damage the the regular Colt version after a number of rounds. Notice the base of the sight post wraps all the way around, leaving no gap between the gas tube and barrel.

The rubber recoil pad for the butt-stock is normally fitted too (probably is fitted there, but you can't see it).

More recently they've been fitted with vortex-type flash eliminators (same basic type now used on the SA80) that allows a Surefire suppressor to be fitted (suppressors are seemingly used in conjunction with the short-barelled L119s). I can provide you with the models I made of both of these items for the UKF SA80s if you would like them.

I can send you more ref pics in a 7z file if you want, but they don't show the weapon in anywhere near as much detail as the one above

The most recent pic I have (i.e one with the latest gizmos) is this one of British Pathfinders:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1096/tfh2011040800102.jpg

However, PF are issued with different gear to UKSF so the magazines and sights might not be representative of the rifle's more famous user-base.

------

Edit:- nice job on the hand-grip :)

Most of the SAS/SBS pictures I have seen have the more common SFW barrel

do you know when production changed or was this something special for Pathfinders?

STGN

What makes you say airsoft, don't think there where any air soft parts available that you could make a L119A1 from when that photo was posted on the internet?

You are indeed correct, I think I realised I'd fudged it yesterday night since it was in a pile of ref photos I had that were mostly airsoft, not that it's particularly of matter !

The L85 UOR style Acog w/ red-dot backup sight would be a very nice variant, could that then lead one to assume the L85 LLM is also in use on it? The picture from the pathfinders suggests otherwise, but all the kit available through UORs, new issue and modification seems to make any number of configurations a possibility

Edited by DaveP