AnimalMother92

ACE 1.6 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Hi, this is regarding Arma2 Standalone. When I place AE units in the editor the grenade throw modes do not work. It will just ignore the mode I select and throw the grenade normal. If I place USMC or AE ARMY men all the grenade throw modes work perfectly...however AE ARMY special forces do not work. It seems anything under class that starts with "AE men" rather than "men" does not work. I would like to use these units for my custom missions rather than USMC or regular ARMY all the time. I have searched for a week and I can't find anything related to this...I have also been directed here by administrators, so please don't bite my head off if it has been answered or I am still in the wrong place. Thank you for your help and quality mod.

Tom1, as last time, please find; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

And it's correct, ACE 1.6 Update 1 requires 1.55, try the latest OA beta after installing patch 1.55; http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

is this ment for standalone arrowhead or can it be used with combined operations? sorry if i am missing something but i am new to pc gaming and only know the basics (well most of them i hope:p). So yeh sorry if i can be a bit annoying every now and again:p

G-Man, why is the CBA on the UGAF ACE 1.6 server different than the one on Armaholic? Which one should one use when playing with ACE 1.6 stable?

G-Man, why is the CBA on the UGAF ACE 1.6 server different than the one on Armaholic? Which one should one use when playing with ACE 1.6 stable?

One is probably an older one and hasn't been updated. I think ArmAholic.com only puts up CBA milestone releases. I think the other server puts up the weekly cba builds as they are released along with ACE2 on fridays.

I could be wrong about this though.

G-man is away (Real life) i think ace release a hotfix for cba or you launch the wrong version

I was just comparing the files from armaholic (which are now also on Zeus YAS server) to the ones from UGAF 1.6 server (not UGAF DEV server which could have a different version).

UGAF dev = 1.7 under developement (every friday udapte)

UGAF 1.6 = stable version

Yes but UGAF 1.6 has a different CBA than the one on Armaholic, that's why I was asking. Zeus server seems to be running fine with the 1.6 from Armaholic but it's simply not the same as the one on UGAF 1.6 (again only differences are ace_settings.pbo and quite a few CBA files). My question was why is it different and which one is the one we're supposed to use for stable ACE.

Vote for a slightly more realistic wounding system here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15314

Basically 5.56 and the akm rounds will drop but not kill the target in one direct hit to the chest instead of just the lower stomach WITH the wounding sytem module active.

By target i mean everyone not just armed soldiers, i mean civilians and unarmed soldiers too, as they have more health...

Edited by Tom1

Fixed and signed pbo's available for:

CSW Menu not working + 2nd loading broken in MP; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15311

Rucksacks broken; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15299

Re different CBA's; that will be the difference between official releases and dev-builds.

The latest official release 0.7.0 includes both bikeys and bisigns for both official and dev-build release of CBA during ACE 1.6 release.

The pbo's and version should be the same though.

CBA in ACE 1.6 Update 1 is dev build of 0.7.1, hopefully released officially soon.

Edited by Sickboy

What has happened to the mpmissions included with ACE? I remember seeing a few pages back that they would be updated or perhaps, more would be added, but the mpmissions folder is now missing completely after the latest update.

Did you check the ace_missions.pbo in the AddOns folder? I can't seem to open it but the may be packed there.(It is a tiny file though so I'm not sure)

As mentioned on the changelog, all missions are now included in mission addons.

ACE_missions - demo and tutorial missions

ACEX_missions - 3rd party mpmissions that work on OA standalone

ACEX_usnavy_missions - 3rd party mpmissions that require OA CO.

Just open MP Host or dedicated server, and select the missions, they are automatically available like all the default included missions with A2/OA.

If you like you can unpbo the mission addons and access each individual mission files,

they are each contained in their own sub-folder, equal to that of the (original) pbo version of the mission.

Edited by Sickboy

Hello everybrodY! I have been playing CO with ACE since a few days, what a great mod!My only complaint about it, is that AH-1W Telescopic Sighting Unit, is very similar to the Apache's sight...loved the old Cobra sight, the one you could use with ACE II mod in Arma II. it gave the Cobra its personality. Is there any chance of reincorporate the old AH-1W sight in future updates?

why does it feel like im permanently zoomed in. i watch videos on youtube of people playing and they see more of their surroundings. while i see the tip of my gun, and have a feeling of being zoomed in. help

@Blunt

Lol try changing you resuloation's setting. Change the HUD to medium or small. Or press - (minus) on your keyboard.

If you still think the whole game is zoomed try moving you chair from the screen a bit. :j:

why does it feel like im permanently zoomed in. i watch videos on youtube of people playing and they see more of their surroundings. while i see the tip of my gun, and have a feeling of being zoomed in. help

It may be that people in the video tweaked the view somehow. I thought someone released an AddOn that allows you to tweak the views. Can't remember whom or what it was called but you may want to check the forum search or ArmAholic.com.

Also try shay_gman's advice.

can you make the wounded system more realistic. ?

like when you get shot but not dead or heavy wounded like when hit in your chest that you soldier fall on the ground and scream but you can still move him. crawling on the gorund or so. like in real when you got hit and dont know what happend.

like here from 2:06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XostCMTib0

Interesting, never knew this was bugged. What does it have to do with more realistic injury/damage simulation though?

To vote you first need to register and log in.

If the AI keeps firing on units dropping to the ground due to unconsciousness / knock down, because they can detect the unit is still alive, then it has very little use to make unconsciousness / knock down etc, an important part of the medical simulation, as you will basically be dead within seconds anyway.

Additionally, cool post processing effects don't work on clients with post processing disabled; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12990

Doing the effects differently has limitations and won't be as good as the real ppEffects,

however without a scripting function to detect if the effects are enabled, we can't switch from ppEffects to custom effects as a fallback either;

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15342

Edited by Sickboy

If the AI keeps firing on units dropping to the ground due to unconsciousness / knock down, because they can detect the unit is still alive, then it has very little use to make unconsciousness / knock down etc, an important part of the medical simulation, as you will basically be dead within seconds anyway.

I like the way ACE2 handles that when using it's wound system. At least now the enemy units will die shortly after if they've been severely injured. This way at least my AI squad members do not keep firing away because the "sense" a barely alive enemy. In vanilla A2, when said unit is slightly blocked from my units fire my AI team members will just keep firing and missing the barely alive enemy. With ACE2 there's a likelihood the barely alive unit will "die out" before my AI teammates waste all their ammo firing on a enemy they can't quite hit.

It also makes ending missions easier. If a trigger has a condition like being triggered when all enemies are dead it makes ending missions a bit painful cause you may have to search for all the barely alive AI laying on the ground and finish them off before the trigger will go off.

Heavily injured units dying off in a timely fashion, that seems to be pretty realistic to me. Maybe it could be tweaked a bit but honestly I like the system.

Just my thoughts on it.

Have fun!