AnimalMother92

ACE 1.6 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Have anyone seen this?

Should be the official ACE video!

this would fit as well ;)

edit: oh, Sickboy mentioned it under Wagn section

Headsup for those who missed the announce; there is no ACE update scheduled for today.

First planned update is next Friday unless severe issues found.

Headsup for those who missed the announce; there is no ACE update scheduled for today.

First planned update is next Friday unless severe issues found.

Enjoy the "holiday"!!! ;)

Remove all the listed files and unpack @ACE\store\userconfig.tar for a clean start.

Use ingame ACE Settings Dialog and the External ACE Clippi Tool for changing and storing settings. (ACE Clippi is available inside the @ACE folder)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

I also have teh same problem.

The problem is in the packed tar file i have the userconfig/ace folder

Inside i have ace_clientside_config.hpp and ace_serverconfig.hpp and a settings.ace ( packed ) but it has 0kb!!! Already tried two downloads, neither helped.

I deleted the files as explained, no effect. Still says missing settings.ace

I haven't been keeping tab on ACE related content but wanted to ask what happened to the 'ACEX_PLA' mod?

I don't see it listed on 'http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_6'.

Cheers ACE team. Just fired ACE 1.6 up to test after long time away from the game. Very immersive! :) Looked, felt and sounded as real as it can get!

Thanks.

ACE 1.3 has high recoil, but coupled with the new recoil system from BIS, some automatic weapons are simply uncontrollable.

Could someone on the ACE team please tell me if it is possible for me to go into the files and change how recoil works? Is there some single muzzle climb value that I could tone down? Could I somehow revert to vanilla BI recoil levels by deleting a file?

I expect I would have to unpack some .pbos, which I've never done before.

Is there any public servers running this mod (Warfare, Domination etc)? I can't seem to find any.

ACE 1.3 has high recoil, but coupled with the new recoil system from BIS, some automatic weapons are simply uncontrollable.

Could someone on the ACE team please tell me if it is possible for me to go into the files and change how recoil works? Is there some single muzzle climb value that I could tone down? Could I somehow revert to vanilla BI recoil levels by deleting a file?

I expect I would have to unpack some .pbos, which I've never done before.

Really? Did you open a ticket about it? I don't recall the recall being too bad, unless standing and firing from hip, but to be honest I haven't tried it all that much in a while. My brief test a minute ago had me thinking it's not all that bad. If it is then a ticket would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what the exact settings are but are you using any other AddOns/Mods that may change/override it?

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

I haven't been keeping tab on ACE related content but wanted to ask what happened to the 'ACEX_PLA' mod?

I don't see it listed on 'http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_6'.

Fromz disappeared, possibly temporarily? He hasn't updated any thing in a while so I believe it was removed from ACEX. Pending his arrival I'd say. ;)

Really? Did you open a ticket about it? I don't recall the recall being too bad, unless standing and firing from hip, but to be honest I haven't tried it all that much in a while. My brief test a minute ago had me thinking it's not all that bad. If it is then a ticket would be appreciated.

Notice that I run 1.3 not 1.6. I assume that ACE for OA has lowered recoil overall to accommodate the new changes. Otherwise your AK-47 is pointing at the sky by the fourth round. That is if you fire while standing, but there are videos on youtube of people firing entire clips just fine on their feet. In Arma 2 1.08 and ACE 1.3 they would be firing vertically into the sky.

I'm not going to open a ticket for an old version of the mod, of course. But is it feasible to tinker with recoil somehow? Is it as simple as extracting the right .pbo and editing some configs?

I see what you mean, you play Arma 2 only with version 1.3, and the new 1.08 update doesn't let the recoil reset, ACE 1.3 tried to make shots take longer to reset (this was before recoil), the 1.6 isn't that bad, some guns actually have easier to manage recoil.

Sadly 1.3 is no longer supported, which means you're going to have to buy OA for better ACE recoil, or go back to 1.7 (not a good choice).

Sadly 1.3 is no longer supported, which means you're going to have to buy OA for better ACE recoil, or go back to 1.7 (not a good choice).

I know 1.3 is done with. I'm asking if there's some way to break into the mod and change the configs myself.

Ok so i just bought arma2 combined operations after months of waiting and saving for a new pc, and i juts recently downloaded ace2 for combined ops using the six updater, and it didnt give me the userconfig/keys or whatever it's called so i had to download ACE mod from dev heaven and use the user config from that download. I have saved the user config in my ARMA2 directery>userconfig>ace.

I CANNOT FIND THE OPTION TO CHANGE KEYS FOR HALF THE FEATURES AND I CANT CHANGE GRENADE THROW MODES IN GAME!!! someone please help me, i tried editing the keys in user config with notepad by he way if that helps..

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

i have the latest patches for boh arrowhead 1.54 i think, and arma2 1.7, i cannot updte using sixupdater because i have the latest version (latest stable rrelease, non beta) if hat helps also...

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Also whenever i change my controls in the key bindings config, then nohing happens, and i chnge hem in game using the ace settings and when i quit and come back i have to do it again:( man, ace2 is such a great mod and i used the updater aswel and it still goes wrong for me:P someone please help.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

now it is saying (where the radio dialog usually appears) that my user.config is out dated in yellow writing. My config.keys doesnt change anything in game, although my user.config actually allowed me to put my crosshair back and enable ai talk. Still very annoying as i would like to change my key bindings and also throw grenades properlly. If this feature is missing here are bound to be smaller features missing that i am not aware of yet. Can i please have som help from a dev or something.

I know 1.3 is done with. I'm asking if there's some way to break into the mod and change the configs myself.

There is. You will need a de-pbo'er, notepad and the willingness to learn how to read configs (not that difficult, really). If it is for personal use I very much doubt anyone will mind it (and bugger 'em if they do, right?).

The same technique can be applied to any other form of modding in this great community of ours. Look at what others did and do it better.

There is. You will need a de-pbo'er, notepad and the willingness to learn how to read configs (not that difficult, really). If it is for personal use I very much doubt anyone will mind it (and bugger 'em if they do, right?).

The same technique can be applied to any other form of modding in this great community of ours. Look at what others did and do it better.

Yeah, I usually end up modding my favorite games anyways. I was just hoping someone on the team could give me directions to the right .pbo so I don't have to badger them by PM(keep going on 1.7 stable, guys).

Not 100% sure, but I would start by taking apart PBOs with relevant sounding names like ace_c_weapon perhaps?

Ok so i just bought arma2 combined operations after months of waiting and saving for a new pc, and i juts recently downloaded ace2 for combined ops using the six updater, and it didnt give me the userconfig/keys or whatever it's called so i had to download ACE mod from dev heaven and use the user config from that download. I have saved the user config in my ARMA2 directery>userconfig>ace.

I CANNOT FIND THE OPTION TO CHANGE KEYS FOR HALF THE FEATURES AND I CANT CHANGE GRENADE THROW MODES IN GAME!!! someone please help me, i tried editing the keys in user config with notepad by he way if that helps..

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

i have the latest patches for boh arrowhead 1.54 i think, and arma2 1.7, i cannot updte using sixupdater because i have the latest version (latest stable rrelease, non beta) if hat helps also...

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Also whenever i change my controls in the key bindings config, then nohing happens, and i chnge hem in game using the ace settings and when i quit and come back i have to do it again:( man, ace2 is such a great mod and i used the updater aswel and it still goes wrong for me:P someone please help.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

now it is saying (where the radio dialog usually appears) that my user.config is out dated in yellow writing. My config.keys doesnt change anything in game, although my user.config actually allowed me to put my crosshair back and enable ai talk. Still very annoying as i would like to change my key bindings and also throw grenades properlly. If this feature is missing here are bound to be smaller features missing that i am not aware of yet. Can i please have som help from a dev or something.

I am having the same problem, any solution?

where would i find @ACE store?

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

thanks for the quick replies btw. Do i put the clipi tool in my userconfig aswel?

Erm, literally in that folder.

\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@ACE\store\userconfig.tar

No, run Clippi while you play the game and change in game settings.