Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin by Soul_Assassin, NouberNou and rexehuk

Another thing crossed off the list :) FAPPs are ready:

Is it like real ordnance, will these explode when fired upon, or they're just props?

Edited by topas

Is it like real ordnance, will these explode when fired upon, or they're just props?

I dont think these rounds explode from bullets in RL. I think they need the fuse, otherwise they are not live.

Will there be a woodland camo version, or just the desert one?

In the first release only the desert version will be present. This is a conscious move to save us work later. The model is made in such a way that you cannot do a hiddenSelection swap so you need a second p3d. After the first release if there are bugs its easier to fix one model, and quickly make the woodland for the update.

In the first release only the desert version will be present. This is a conscious move to save us work later. The model is made in such a way that you cannot do a hiddenSelection swap so you need a second p3d. After the first release if there are bugs its easier to fix one model, and quickly make the woodland for the update.

Okidoki, thanks for the clearing up :)

I dont think these rounds explode from bullets in RL. I think they need the fuse, otherwise they are not live.

Correct. Most of these rounds use an insensitive explosive filler. The only way to set them off is with a very powerful shock, otherwise they just burn.

Thats not to say that they cant have sympathetic detonation in the right circumstances, for example another HE round landing next to them or a shaped charge EFP hitting them.

A few pics of the FAPPs in game and "animated" to show the right round counts. :)

pally_01_tn.png

pally_02_tn.png

pally_03_tn.png

Click to expand!

Will these function similarly to the ammo boxes already present in the game, rearming the artillery piece automatically? Also, will the amount of shells change based on the amount of ammunition left in the boxes?

Will these function similarly to the ammo boxes already present in the game, rearming the artillery piece automatically? Also, will the amount of shells change based on the amount of ammunition left in the boxes?

:) you can see in the first srceenshot a FAPP with 2 shells missing ;) i guess someone took two shells from the FAPP :)

:) you can see in the first srceenshot a FAPP with 2 shells missing ;) i guess someone took two shells from the FAPP :)

MuttleyLaughing.gif?t=1263710960

Auto-reloading will have to be scripted (the gun doesn't have magazines, it reloads from the vehicles cargo space), though since you can carry 39 rounds, I think it might be fine to let people reload them manually from FAPPs around the vehicle.

Auto-reloading will have to be scripted (the gun doesn't have magazines, it reloads from the vehicles cargo space), though since you can carry 39 rounds, I think it might be fine to let people reload them manually from FAPPs around the vehicle.

That sounds reasonable.

Edited by Laqueesha

Documentation has begun! You guys are going to hopefully love this little beauty. Top marks to Soul Assassin for listening to Nou and I and our ongoing crying for a latch system for the gun ;).

May the virtual rounds of wisdom and pain rain near you soon.

Nice, what do you mean by documentation ? Will it take long ? (sorry, i just can't wait :D)

btw:

likef.png

Edited by [TNA]BlackHawk

BlackHawk;1944894']Nice' date=' what do you mean by documentation ? Will it take long ? (sorry, i just can't wait :D)

btw:

[/quote']

We're aiming to have something well documented, so expect a nice bit of reading. We currently don't have a timescale, just want it done to a good standard.

lets just say when you download the whole thing and open the readme pdf you will feel like you got the manual for the real thing :p

lets just say when you download the whole thing and open the readme pdf you will feel like you got the manual for the real thing :p

So i wont be able to get in, click on the map and press fire?

Man im going back to CoD

very nice!

because i am already very spoiled concerning you project, can I expect them to be fully animated? ;)

Edited by PurePassion

very nice!

because i am already very spoiled concering you project, can I expect that they are fully animated? ;)

You'll have to wait and see wont you ;).

Documentation is almost done... I've not been too mean, theres a good mix of theory and gameplay orientated information. Currently stands at around 30 pages of reading, this could expand depending on how happy we are with it.