Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

M109A6 Paladin by Soul_Assassin, NouberNou and rexehuk

i hope we wont have too many tl;dr's

Unfortunately I don't cater for lazy or ignorant people, takes up too much of my time.

It should be fairly straightforward for those who just want to do a simple thing. For those who wish to learn a bit more about the systems vs real life there may be a bit more reading.

It's a 155mm howitzer, some reading is certainly expected.

Otherwise it's tl;dr;hit friendlies.

Edited by VKing

Very nice man, I cant way to play with this badboy. As a code monkey wi couldnt even begin to attempt something like this :O

It's a 155mm howitzer, some reading is certainly expected.

Otherwise it's tl;dr;hit friendlies.

Yea, haha... in testing I've even been like "oh crap, did I just fire the wrong charge!?"

Make sure to read! :yay:

Yea, haha... in testing I've even been like "oh crap, did I just fire the wrong charge!?"

Make sure to read! :yay:

Been there. We used to us an artillery interface for our Clan that invloved a FDC vehicle and you had to manually enter data from a Forward observer to create a fire solution then the gunners dialed in the Elevation and Azimut of thier guns based on that. More then once i borked up at the FDC and ended up putting steel on friendlies

One of the most realistic models I've ever seen and currently around.

Cheers Yuri, I'm sure that will make SA happy to hear you say that :).

If all goes to plan... maybe a release next weekend, at the moment it depends on how much time we get to squash a few bugs here and there, along with finish off the documentation.

evCgjyVgoNU

More goodies to shoot out of this thing. :)

M898 155mm SADARM (Sense And Destroy ARMor) round for the M109A6 .

Base ejects two SADARM submunitions at 1000m altitude. Ram-air parachute decelerates and despins round. At 300m main chute deploys and stabilizes munition. Begins searching for targets. When within ~150m of a target a shaped charge explosive detonates and forms an EFP (explosively formed penetrator) that can puncture the top armor of most MBT.

First of all I must say that I am very excited to see this in ArmA 2. The work looks top notch and exhibits a high level of polish. I do have one question. Will the M109A6 be compatible with WarFX?

First of all I must say that I am very excited to see this in ArmA 2. The work looks top notch and exhibits a high level of polish. I do have one question. Will the M109A6 be compatible with WarFX?

Indeed it will. I've been doing all of my testing with Blastcore, seems fine. All of the effects are self contained in the addon, Blastcore works with things like artillery impacts as the shells inherit from base classes which OpticalSnare uses.

Had a MP test today... Went well. Sounds are all done now, manual is also nearly done. Who knows when a release shall appear...

arma2oa2011061816350043.jpg

Edited by rexehuk

Sorry if this has already been asked but will it work with BIS Arty module? Looking great cant wait to try this out either way!!!!

Cheers Yuri, I'm sure that will make SA happy to hear you say that :).

If all goes to plan... maybe a release next weekend, at the moment it depends on how much time we get to squash a few bugs here and there, along with finish off the documentation.

That's excellent ! :) I presonally would wait ( some may not agree with me :P ) until everything is done to the last detail to ensure a great release. That's a good course you have. Keep it up !

That's excellent ! :) I presonally would wait ( some may not agree with me :P ) until everything is done to the last detail to ensure a great release. That's a good course you have. Keep it up !

Its a double edge sword this :) the problem is, as the developers of this it is hard for us to test it, since we know how it should work. You can sit and sit on a release until the world ends but inevitably when you release there will always be bugs. Ive been involved in more releases than I care to count, and there are always always, without exception, bugs that you overlook. And the community finds them much quicker, so in one way its good not to sit on addons, you will get the feedback quicker.

On that note, we are not going to sit much longer. One serious bug to fix, debug info to get out, one last test to run, get it signed and voila.

Until the time we officially release, all followers can download a beta here:

Version 1 RC

Until the time we officially release, all followers can download a beta here:

Version 1 RC

....son...of....a....b****

That is just plain evil...

Just...why?

rob has a twisted sense of humor

We should host the entire addon minus the p3ds... that would make them angry.

It will be worth the wait is all I say, the three of us have been bitchy about accuracy / detail throughout this... I would say this is one of the most refined addons out there, but that would be bold.

One can sense that...

Funny joke by the way, hadn't been rick roll'ed in a while.

I guess i can forgive him :rolleyes:, since i'm very excited about this mod, and only using m119s all day to actually use arty is getting a tad boring, plus i've already shown some interest in you guys releasing (if you actually do) a OD/woodland version of it :D

One can sense that...

Funny joke by the way, hadn't been rick roll'ed in a while.

I guess i can forgive him :rolleyes:, since i'm very excited about this mod, and only using m119s all day to actually use arty is getting a tad boring, plus i've already shown some interest in you guys releasing (if you actually do) a OD/woodland version of it :D

yep, as i mentioned the woodland will come in ver 1.5 . I want the community to give this one a rollaround and give some feedback, then i can clone the model and add the woodland.