Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

are you guys also able to make a nice Airborne mission (with 101st)?

For 2.5 I have already converted Aloft and Paras over to use the 101st in 2.5 and there will be a couple of other missions that will make use of them and probably the 82nd at some point to.

Is the MP43 sight fixed in the new version?

The sight wasn't actually the problem but the viewpoint proxies on some of the german models seems to have been, we have fixed this issue for 2.5.

The use of swastikas (and some other symbols) is forbidden in both countries, you can be imprisoned (up to 3 years) if you host I44 on your server. Some people are trying to remove all the forbidden stuff. It would be very helpful, to have a list of textures/pictures using these symbols.

As JdB posted, we've covered this a number of times, even the production of a list with all affected textures would be an immense time-sink and slow production/release of the mod. Those interested (and capable) of aiding in the production of a few hundred modified texture files can feel free to apply for a position within the mod, but really if we had people with the skills to do that kind of detailed texture work, there's much more important jobs that we could have them working on. So sorry don't expect a historically modified version of Invasion 1944 anytime soon.

I applied patch 1.08 and it still says that i don't have some files for example: cacharacters_e, CAWheeled_E_Stryker, cacharacters_baf, cawhelled_baf and so on.

If you're only getting those errors with the warfare mission, its possible the version you have was modified by someone using CO and therefore in the mission.sqm may have had the expansion packs files added to its list of required addons and then resaved. Not having tried it myself I can't really give any suggestions on how to fix it though, sorry and good luck with it!

Well, I have an idea brewing in my head for a mission or two for the Five-o'-Duce (101st Airborne). Hopefully I can make it/them to public release standard and send'm your way ^^ Can't wait to stay toying with the new, well toys! Ah-haha :D

ok would be great!

public release

is there also a exclusive release for the "clan" or group who designed this mod?

anyway I already enjoyed playing on the I44 Omaha beach map. keep up desining! :icon_dj:

is there also a exclusive release for the "clan" or group who designed this mod?

By "public release standard" he means making the mission good enough for public release, most missions that missionmakers create are never released, as they're just for practice or trying out new things, and they often lack things such as briefings. You already read how much time it would take to make a censored version of the mod, so it's a safe bet that there isn't an "ultimate" version of the mod that only the team itself uses either. Unless you consider the internal Release Candidate versions of 2.5 to be ultimate compared to the current public 2.0 series.

Edited by JdB

Hey, When I am loading up on servers the mod randomly crashes. I have tried lowering the settings etc and it still crashes. Any Ideas?

By "public release standard" he means making the mission good enough for public release, most missions that missionmakers create are never released, as they're just for practice or trying out new things, and they often lack things such as briefings. You already read how much time it would take to make a censored version of the mod, so it's a safe bet that there isn't an "ultimate" version of the mod that only the team itself uses either. Unless you consider the internal Release Candidate versions of 2.5 to be ultimate compared to the current public 2.0 series.

ok, well are you guys (ever) going to make a bigger map? or including towns like Carentan and Saint mere elise? (towns were was some heavy combat during D-Day and D-day+1)

EDIT: can you guys give a release date (or a date when you expact it will be finished)? or do you just don't know when the patch will be finished?

Edited by rikjuuh

Hey, When I am loading up on servers the mod randomly crashes. I have tried lowering the settings etc and it still crashes. Any Ideas?

You could try checking your RPT files it may point to what is causing your crash.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

ok, well are you guys (ever) going to make a bigger map? or including towns like Carentan and Saint mere elise? (towns were was some heavy combat during D-Day and D-day+1)

For the 2.5 release you'll just see the updated version of Omaha with improved terrain, but its the same size etc. In future we are planning on releasing other maps, some may be bigger than Omaha some may be smaller, but they are still a long way off.

can you guys give a release date (or a date when you expact it will be finished)? or do you just don't know when the patch will be finished?

Its been said before but I'll say it again anyway... we cannot set a release date of even a real ETA on when it might be. We only have a very small team of people right now and there was very little response to our recruitment posts so production won't be speeding up anytime soon. We are however very close to a release in terms of we have most of the content and features ready, its mostly a matter of balancing and bugfixing, we're taking as much time as possible to ensure a quality release, it will be worth the wait!

You could try checking your RPT files it may point to what is causing your crash.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

For the 2.5 release you'll just see the updated version of Omaha with improved terrain, but its the same size etc. In future we are planning on releasing other maps, some may be bigger than Omaha some may be smaller, but they are still a long way off.

Its been said before but I'll say it again anyway... we cannot set a release date of even a real ETA on when it might be. We only have a very small team of people right now and there was very little response to our recruitment posts so production won't be speeding up anytime soon. We are however very close to a release in terms of we have most of the content and features ready, its mostly a matter of balancing and bugfixing, we're taking as much time as possible to ensure a quality release, it will be worth the wait!

ok thx for the info.

Yup, sounds good to me.. take your time I say..

1st thing i noticed was the quality of work you guys put into this mod

Played an earlier WW2 mod and it doesn't compare to I44

Are recruitment posts still up? what kind of help are you seeking?

Regarding I44 Warfare (in case anyone loves CTI like me)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=301.0

found a MPmission pack in the I44 forums that looks promising (courtesy of simHQ i believe).. will do some testing now and see how she runs

Are recruitment posts still up?

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=367.0

what kind of help are you seeking?

All kinds, we are always looking for talented individuals in all areas but experienced coders/scripters would be highly valuable to us, next up 2D and 3D artists as new content needs more people to produce it, and finally mission makers to help expand the number of missions in the mod (and aid in fixing/improving existing missions).

Other positions will be considered on case by case basis and the applicants own skill base. One thing though please do not apply for "testing" roles. In the past they tend to just be interested in playing the mod early and generate very little feedback.

I44 is a historical realism mod (might want to check sources other than Wikipedia for accuracy though ), so it's not a game, it's an interactive learning program that teaches history in a modern way

Also Germany --> 81 million people

Rest of the world --> 6 billion

So making the version acceptable for Germany by default and historically inaccurate for the rest of the world unless patched is reverse logic.

At this moment there are 1507 Players Online ... From this Players ~343 are playing on Server's which are located in Germany...

See: http://arma2.swec.se/server/list?page=1

As i know, the German ArmA2 Community is one of the biggest in the ArmA2 Universe.

Sad to hear, that you ignore this fakt.

Sad to hear, that you ignore this fakt.

The fact that we've addressed this issue so many times proves that this isn't something we ignore, we're well aware of the large german ArmA2 community, the biggest issue is the various laws across the globe concerning the images and their uses.

Wikipedia has a number of pages on the subject you might want to consult:

Modern use of Nazi flags

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_%C2%A7_86a

to directly qoute from the second page above:

(3) Subsection (1) shall not be applicable if the means of propaganda or the act serves to further civil enlightenment, to avert unconstitutional aims, to promote art or science, research or teaching, reporting about current historical events or similar purposes. […]

As far as I'm aware both playing or running a server in germany shouldn't be an issue, however distributing the mod be more of a grey area, the products not being sold so really it shouldn't be an issue the average player need worry about.

The main issue is producing an alternative version alongside a historically accurate version just is not possible with our current team size, nor is it really necessary to do for the purposes of our release.

The main issue is producing an alternative version alongside a historically accurate version just is not possible with our current team size, nor is it really necessary to do for the purposes of our release.

Additionally, German players wouldn't be able to play with anyone from outside Germany.

German players developing a censored version (either officially or unofficially) wouldn't work either, as they'd have to download the files in order to edit them = illegal. I also doubt anyone considering to join the team as an addonmaker is going to relish at the thought of having to edit hundreds of files for a limited usergroup when they could be working on the brand new [insert vehicles or weapons of choice].

The mod has had plenty of German members over the years that have never complained about the legality of the symbols, or gotten into trouble because of them (imo they always had a tendency to mysteriously disappear after a while, but I'm sure there is no connection ... :butbut: ).

A lot of people seem to think I'm still part of the team, so I put a notice in my sig to avoid people mistaking my opinion for team-policy :p

This is revolutionary! :bounce3:

My first reaction when reading about the resting feature was: Oh no, another action / key / whatever!

Great, absolutely great!

A.

Thanks, but not really revolutionary. Red Orchestra was the first time I saw anything like it.

There are still some glitches, Arma1 anims don't work with Arma2 atm. Hopefully it will be as unobtrusive as possible.

I hope to never see a censored WWII,in that time was common to see swastikas,and hear people saying Heil Hitler(in germany).Denying this is denying history and modern germany laws are simply nonsence in this subjcet.A so called democratic country can't deny freedom of speech and expression.And if they try to arrest you,you simply can ask for Court of Justice of the European Union because a member state is violating your Fundamental rights.

Back to more important things,the new 2.5 release seems outstanding,can't wait to play it,new features are really super!

He hit it on the head. XD I get to making the mission and go 'Ehg... no one would enjoy this' so it just sits there. Hell, I have a mission using the British Commandos doing a quick operation on Utes. But I just don't feel it's worthy of mass play. I mean, I can send it to those who are nosey if they want but on a mass release of 'ArmAholic/Etc' status, I'm just too cowardly ^^; But if someone feels like playing it I'll PM you a DL link. Just to hold you over till 2.5 if it's all you want XD -Is making more anyway atm rofl-

I hope to never see a censored WWII,in that time was common to see swastikas,and hear people saying Heil Hitler(in germany).Denying this is denying history and modern germany laws are simply nonsence in this subjcet.A so called democratic country can't deny freedom of speech and expression.And if they try to arrest you,you simply can ask for Court of Justice of the European Union because a member state is violating your Fundamental rights.

Wow, German players just have to obey their law, there's nothing they can do about it.

In our democratic countries, "freedom of speech" is precisely defended and framed by the law, and in most of European countries, apology of the WWII German regim is forbidden and punished. The fact that the German law is the most restrictive one is easily understandable even if you don't like it.

And finally, there's nothing that Court of Justice of the European Union can do about it, as it's obvious it has nothing to do with violating fundamental rights.

Sorry for OT.

Thanks guys, so there is no possibility for somehow change this CA units and run Warfare1944 on normal Arma2 ?

As far as I'm aware both playing or running a server in germany shouldn't be an issue, however distributing the mod be more of a grey area, the products not being sold so really it shouldn't be an issue the average player need worry about.

Unfortunatly, games are not rated as art and there is an old court decision for Castle Wolfenstein 3D, which specifically prohibits the use of §86a-symbols in computer games. (Non-) commercial aspects are irrelevant.

A so called democratic country can't deny freedom of speech and expression.

A brief historical footnote: The intial ban of the flag was passed by the Allied Control Council, 1947.

Edited by svenson

A brief historical footnote: The intial ban of the flag was passed by the Allied Control Council, 1947.

LOL that says alot for democracy

I can definitely see how http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_%C2%A7_86a comes into play for propaganda and hate material.

That being said, I agree "history shouldn't be denied" if its done respectfully.. but if thats german law, not worth landing any german players with prison time or a fine.

The context of symbol use matters alot I would hope.. IMO WW2 games/movies should be the exception if they're portraying the era in reasonable manner.. but thats not up to me

IL-2 flight sim has a 3rd party patch that includes regime symbols for the era..don't think anyone was broken over it.. could be wrong though

Hope theres a way to stay authentic and keep german players happy too

I love how people keep rolling back to this censoring issue, yet not one person complaining has offered to help produce any of the huge amount of work it would be required to produce a censored version. Personally I consider the topic covered, we simply do not have the team size nor the inclination to produce a censored version of the mod as the main version of the game. This is a historical simulation, its not a game or a childs toy, Wolfenstein is a fictional story set around a familiar backdrop, whereas we are using the units in a historical recreation of events. So until someone comes to us with the offer of replacing years of work with their own, we'll consider the matter closed.

We've not ignored the issue or spat in the face of anyone who supports it, rather everytime we have addressed it as soon as its raised, please move any further discussion to an off-topic forum as this argument has been repeated over and over now and is distracting from the topic at hand which is the mod itself. We're now discussing specific contries laws that we are not responsible for or able to change, any of you in those countries have the right to address your own countries laws so make use of your vote and help get an out-dated law updated rather than attacking years worth of art produced for the mod.

As PacUK says, guys, drop it. It's up to him and his fellow team members to decide to make any "censored" version of the mod.

For the record, i'm in complete agreement an alternate "safe" version is a ridiculous thought

seeing the large german/eu player base though.. breaching those laws was certainly worthy of a discussion at the least

let it be dead

Ok I've got the classnames list text file and I depbo'd the base_w pbo to look at the stringtable.csv, however I can't seem to get the Magazine classname for the 6xANM2 on the P-51. I've tried I44_6XANM2 I44_6X_AN_M2 I44_6x400Rd_ANM2 etc etc and nothing works. Where do I find the rest of the working classnames? (Classnames.txt does not cover them all)

What do you need the magazine classname for the P-51 O_o Not that I know it, just being nosy as what you may be up to. Building a mission possibly?

Haha mostly messing around in the editor. I want to make the AI dogfights last longer so I'd like to be able to give them more ammo.