Sign in to follow this  
abel

ARMA 2:OA beta patch 74630

Love the new mp_armory. Nice selection of objects that are highly useful. Didn't check thoroughly yet, but looks to be a nice and advanced example of how to use the oo system, right? System seems to be an awesome source of information for the learning hungry.

Missed my first challenge though, which was to board an MQ-9 Predator ;)

More content added to a bug ridden program.

May I humbly propose to use the bug tracker and vote on bugs? That way, the beta threads do not get swamped with "please fix this" type of messages.

Thank you.

I can see why so much people complaining here.

Its because there are no answers from BIS,- why they do it like that and ignoring/put back major bugs and most voted bugs. the AI definintly is top priority in this game, because its so complex[bugged in many ways], so the priority should be stuck on that. so why does the AI have so less attention?way to many people were ranting about the AI and how BIS is handling it in terms of priority allready.[question to BIS, = if its getting anwered conceptional in any way you wount hear rants and stuff]

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

Its because there are no answers from BIS,- why they do it like that and ignoring/put back major bugs and most voted bugs. the AI definintly is top priority in this game, because its so complex[bugged in many ways], so the priority should be stuck on that. so why does the AI have so less attention?way to many people were ranting about the AI and how BIS is handling it in terms of priority allready.[question to BIS, = if its getting anwered conceptional in any way you wount hear rants and stuff]

Can you GTFO if you don't like it, every post I see of yours is a post complaining about something. If you don't like it, just f*cking leave because you aren't making friends here.

And it's simply getting annoying with you harping on about it despite being told that they know of the issues you've referred too, most specifically the chopper bug. These things can't be fixed over-night. You expect that from the time you first mentioned the chopper bug to now it would have been fixed? What are BIS? Super-computers? No where else in the industry today do you get devs that communicate with their community as much as BIS, so for you to say that they don't communicate is nothing more than misguided.

For the record I wouldn't be surprised if BIS were super-computers. :p

"For the record I wouldn't be surprised if BIS were super-computers."

I think what you mean is BIS test there game on super computers :P.

I think BIS are the best games developer out there full stop but I really hope they start to optimize this game a bit more as I have done all tweaks etc and still it runs odd seeing as my spec pees all over the recommended.

That is not a dig its a wish :) I think BIS have done a bloody good job this game and BIS rule.

We love you BIS keep it up :)

I see HDR settings and preparation for VSync in Video Options! Nice!

I was wondering why that unclickable option box had appeared - pretty obvious, really, must have been having a 'blond moment'.

Take some pride in your work!

Come on, get real... BIS' pride in their work shines through everything they release. I truly couldn't name a game developing studio who take more.

@Grossamers

Ok so now, who the fuc* are you? Im not searching for friends on the internet, if thats you goal, keep on;)

I really like this game thats why im posting stuff on the bugtracker to get fixed, but if i see a new Multiplayer UI after two weeks but still cant play the game cause major bug are left behind i get pissed. If the AI Danger WP bug wouldnt be in the official patch i wouldnt use and complain about betas, but it is.

@Zipper

Its now nearly 2 weeks/not over night. It would be ok if they had released their last stable patch bugfree, which it ISNT. so AGAIN what pisses me off is that i dont have a stable version, non a beta version with i can play.

And now dont execpt me to find one of the last 15 betas which runs without major bugs.

Critism and such questions are just not wanted here-.-

Just stop being blind stupid fanboys, some of you act like they are married with BIS.

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

In the department of AI I'm sure 2 weeks is pretty much over-night. I don't think any of us here realize the true complexity of programing a good and dynamic AI.

Also, about the stable patches thing - since 1.54 the only bug that the beta patches have introduced which hasn't yet been fixed is the chopper one, and it's hardly major. If it bugs you so much, set their speed to Normal and use flyInHeight. They won't lose too much altitude as they travel, and even if they do, they're always going to fly higher above the ground.

Criticism is welcome so long as a) it's constructive and b) it isn't perpetual. Currently you're doing b). You've already been given this:

any news on the chopper bug?

l really like to see gambreaking bugs and the AI gets fixed before any optional extras;-(!!!

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14410

on radar but no ETA for now on fix, there is more to it ... wip
Edited by Zipper5

yea its nice to see the bugtracker and feedback. if youd be true, -the game would be dead, same as dragoncrap if there was no support. i was stating the point of prioritys, -the AI has not much attention. its like im ranting all the time about stuff here, which i dont do. so my constructive opinion again:

-Please focus on the AI and kill bugs which are around way too long

Well, in that case, you're forcing your own perception of what is a priority on to BIS, whereas Joe Shmoe might think inaccuracies with weapons are top priority, or animations to be one, and expecting your priority to be prioritized over others.

As always, give it time. OFP's last patch was v1.96.

New multiplayer browser is nice, but needs to be in better resolution and in better colours, looks terrible at 1920x1200. Also the Server Control button obscures the messages from console online, maybe move it up a bit to leave space for a message or 2

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/PogMoTho1n/arma2oa2010-10-2721-24-51-68.jpg

what you see there is HDR overbright on background causing UI looks bad

just return to previous screen by ESC key

wait 3-5s before the overbright resolve

then it will be normal ...

so the 'colors' problemis un-related to UI ...

now like someone mentioned You have correct aspect in advanced video options ?

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

please go to CIT page

use search on helicopter related bugs and find these resolved/closed

now repeat same with AI related bugs ...

i think that answers all i wanted to say ...

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

More content added to a bug ridden program. Absolutely wonderful!

A new multiplayer game!!!

Why???? Have you fixed the netcode and warping?

Fix the existing stuff.

Take some pride in your work!

missed post #34? the first paragraph and following url ?

now like someone mentioned You have correct aspect in advanced video options ?

Will just add that if you start the game in window mode (like I did), you will not be able to set correct aspect. I had to fix it by adjusting the values directly in Arma2.cfg. At least when the game was fresh, maybe it was fixed.

hmm well my windowed mode and resolution corresponds to my fullscreen mode in aspect ratio so i wasn't testing what if scenario when this differs ...

in fact now i'm not even sure if that's saved independently on each other

Awesome Beta! Not sure why all the hate? Its a work in progress and now the game is even better. MP stuff is great! Zfighting is gone. Cherno is a different map. Thnx.

Oh, sorry, was a bit short on info there. My little aspect screwup most likely happened because I put in windowed mode before the game was started the very first time after install.

Maybe the cfg wasn't created yet, and it assumed you would start in 4:3 mode by default or something. Not sure. But I think you might be able to achieve the same effect if you manually messed up the windowed aspect ratio by giving weird x and y sizes. And once you manually set x and y sizes to something matching the aspect (), the problem is fixed

what you see there is HDR overbright on background causing UI looks bad

just return to previous screen by ESC key

wait 3-5s before the overbright resolve

then it will be normal ...

so the 'colors' problemis un-related to UI ...

now like someone mentioned You have correct aspect in advanced video options

Aspect ratio is set to 16:10 as it should be for 1920x1200.

Will You consider the positions of the console and team messages and the bottom server control buttons in a future update, will I open a ticket? Maybe its just a problem at some resolutions.

ah the chat ... will look

I was wondering why that unclickable option box had appeared - pretty obvious, really, must have been having a 'blond moment'.

;) +1

I was a blondie, too, must have used gallons of h2o2: I changed vsync on ati tray tools from "always off" to "app preference", started game, looked in UI - nothing - deleted entry in arma2oa.cfg , restarted, looked - nothing ... :o

just to test if in vsync-box ingame might appear something to switch *lol

@Grossamers

Ok so now, who the fuc* are you? Im not searching for friends on the internet, if thats you goal, keep on;)

I really like this game thats why im posting stuff on the bugtracker to get fixed, but if i see a new Multiplayer UI after two weeks but still cant play the game cause major bug are left behind i get pissed. If the AI Danger WP bug wouldnt be in the official patch i wouldnt use and complain about betas, but it is.

I guess you are too unintelligent to read cause you can't even spell my name properly when it's written right in front of you.

Like I said before, keep your bullshit posts to yourself (cause we've ALL heard your bitching in every beta thread here), if you can't handle a bug, then stop playing the game.

;) +1

I was a blondie, too, must have used gallons of h2o2: I changed vsync on ati tray tools from "always off" to "app preference", started game, looked in UI - nothing - deleted entry in arma2oa.cfg , restarted, looked - nothing ... :o

just to test if in vsync-box ingame might appear something to switch *lol

You have been able to force v-sync off in the ArmA2OA.cfg with the vsync=0;

parameter in the last few beta's, no need for forcing with Ati Tray Tools anymore

You have been able to force v-sync off in the ArmA2OA.cfg with the vsync=0

:) yep, I know, thx anyways ... this is what I did, too, since the last few betas. I just wanted to know more about the new vsync-box in the gfx-settings ingame so I tried different things, but the box didnt offer any value ... now I know that it is a coming feature in the future ;)

Hi all please help I have latest BETA and I was on a CTF server a minute ago.

Well we was on Zargabad < ? hahaha.

Any ways when I look VIA scope I get a jerky movement then after a while it will snap back to perfect again.

Then If I look away again at diff scene through scope it will do it again then after about 8 seconds it will be perfect again looking at the same scene.

Its all most like its loading stuff in to vid mem then I dont know.

Please help as I have spent money on a PC for ARMA and I have so many bloody problems its mad.

SPEC

Win 7 64bit

Asus Striker Extreme

Q6700

4890 1GB

4GB ram

Etc etc.

So to recap look via scope at buildings move mouse left to right its jerky then bang like it never happend its perfect again till I look away again at diff scene thn feels like its loading all of it back into mem again then when its done itf smoothe as silk.

I could make a vid but will need advice on free best software to do so.

AI is still making problems in Terms of Vehicle-Engagment.

[73967] Fixed: Stop firing at vehicle crew once it is dead. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5183)

is not working.

AI stops engaging the Vehicle, which crew is dead, but now they are stuck and cant move anymore:( they just stand there and aim at the vehicle.

i think its clear that this bug is gamebreaking again, like the AI stuck and not moving anymore which is a very old bug.

Please BIS, give it some attention...

this bug is also 1 year old, as you can see at dev-heaven. is it so hard to fix???