Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

[Campaigns] Grey Sky, Operation Red Star

Hi there!

My HDD is full of projects i started a while ago and never finished so i thought i'll publish them now!

Here come two unfinished campaigns you surely want to play.^^

They might not be done yet but with the progress i made so far the overall 20+ missions are quite enjoying!

Also, i'm currently working on an MP mission which i hope to release here in the next few days/weeks.

Have fun and feel free to ask if you have any issues!

If you're interested in how i build the missions, you can of course dePBO them!

Have fun!

Grey Sky

main1fw1.jpg

pic3bfb8.jpg pic43c8a.jpg pic4crc.jpg

Grey Sky 1.02 - 14.10.2010

Welcome to my second SP-campaign attempt!

I started with this campaign a few months ago to kill some time and it turns out that i don't know if i'll finish this campaign someday.

So i just want to share the so far made progress with you, because i find these are four great missions which are really fun to play!

The quality of the missions increased since i learned a lot more about scripting.

I wanted these missions to be different from "usual" missions by adding roleplay elements and a few cool characters to it.

Also there are no "standard" cutscenes; you'll find yourself right inside the scenes and will experience them from the protagonists view only, like in "Harvest Red".

The whole campaign is based on small strike team action and survival in warzones with limited ressources and only a few friends.

This campaign comes in ACE and non-ACE versions!

Description:

Somewhere, sometime in the near future. You wake up. Pain goes through your body, you can smell burning fires and corpses.

Rain is dropping on your face, you're lying on grey, thin grass. A stranger pops up in your view.

He helps you up and now you can see the whole chrasite around you. A US chopper is scattered to pieces, dead soliders are burning on the ground.

Your leg hurts and you can't remember anything. The strange looking guy next to you tells you that you should come with him, that they don't have much time left.

You grab a pistol and follow him into the woods...

Grey Sky will put you into a post-atomic world where a few people try to survive the dangers of radiation and raiders. USA and Russia are nearly destroyed but still fighting at some places to get ressources and power.

You don't know who you are and why you woke up at the crashsite. You carry no nameplate and no dogtags. The only thing you have is a US uniform and a tattoo on your right forearm.

Now your task is to find out who you are and how to get back to your troops.

Features:

-4 playable missions!

-BIS conversation system!

-A.C.E. 2!

-Several characters with own personalities and goals!

-Cutscenes from 1st person perspective!

-Custom music!

-An exciting storyline!

-Small strike team action!

-Cool COD style snipermission!

-Apocalyptic atmopshere!

-Awesome environment effects!

-A large base with many people who are doing their daily business!

-A varied set of misions!

-Story takes place in Chernarus and Namalsk!

Known Issues:

-The big camp might affect the performance. If it's not playable anymore please contact me, maybe i can publish a "lite" version.^^

-Sometimes, when the teammates are out of ammo for their primary weapon they just take their pistol and won't move anymore. I don't know the reason but you can "fix" it by switching to them and get them new ammunition manually.

Requirements:

-Arma 2

-Community Base Addons

-Advanced Combat Environment Core

-Advanced Combat Environment eXtras

-Namalsk

-Desert Mercanaries and BlackOps

Requirements non-ACE:

-Arma 2

-Namalsk

-Desert Mercanaries and BlackOps

Installation:

Put the "Grey_Sky.PBO" in your "arma 2\campaigns" folder. You may have to create the folder first!

Changelog:

1.00 - 12.10.2010

-Initial Release.

1.01 - 12.10.2010

-FIXED: Removed invicibility and teleport option.

1.02 - 14.10.2010

-FIXED: Mission ends now correctly when teammates die.

-Non-ACE version released.

Credits:

Mission editing and scripting by IndeedPete

Contact: pete.indeed@gmx.de or just PM me on the BI-Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=53386

Thanks to:

Kronzky for his great Urban Patrol Script!

The developers of A.C.E. 2 - awesome job guys!

SchnapsdroSel for those cool Mercenaries and BlackOps!

Sumrak for the country of Namalsk - it's just perfect!

[KH]BabyAlien for his nice air strike script!

Mike84 for his awesome task hint function!

The BI-Forums for the answers to so many questions!

Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game wich i sometimes love and sometimes really, really HATE!^^

Feedback is appreciated!

Have Fun!

Pictures:

Download:

Armaholic v1.02

Mediafire v1.02

Rapidshare v1.02

Strategy Informer v1.00

Download non-ACE:

Armaholic v1.02

Mediafire v1.02

Rapidshare v1.02

Operation Red Star

main2petz.jpg

Operation Red Star 1.04 - 4.11.2010

Hey guys, this is my first singleplayer-campaign!

It's not finished yet and i don't think i'll ever do, because i just don't have the time to focus on big projects like this one.

Anyway, more than 16 missions are playable by now; they may still have some issues but most of the stuff should work.

These missions were the first "real" missions i ever made for Arma/Arma2 and so they may don't have some very high quality standards through my limited scripting/editing abilities back then.

Non the less i hope to give you a good story and some real cool missions with a great atmosphere!

I began with this campaign when Arma 2 was released, so there are some influences from the original campaign "Harvest Red".

But please notice that the campaign does not take itself seriously sometimes and maybe you'll find some "hidden" jokes from time to time...^^

Description:

Chernarus, a civil war broke lose and already took thousands of dead civilians. The "Chedaki" are taking positions and capturing villages through the whole country.

They torture and kill the civilians and the government is losing power and influence day by day.

But suddenly and fully unexpected the US president gave the order to attack and secure the country.

As part of HALO Team, an elite Force Reconnaisance unit you'll be the first troops in Chernarus.

Soon you will discover the real reason for the intervention...

Trough the campaign you will play each teammember of HALO Team and have different assignments inside your squad. Sometimes you'll lead and sometimes you'll follow.

At some points of the campaign you will be able to change the storypath significantly with your choices!

Several missions are quite linear but there are also many missions wich give you the power to decide where to go and what to do!

Many cutscenes and radio conversations will push the story foward until you reach the final end and change the world forever!

But as i said it's not finished that so you can't enjoy all four planned endings but at least one of them is available by now! Just play right and you might reach it!^^

Features:

-17 playable missions! (Cutscenes included)

-6 men strong team, each member has it's own personality and will be playable!

-Many more characters with own personalities and goals!

-Briefings for every mission!

-Cutscenes!

-Custom music!

-Change the story with your actions!

-Small strike team action up to large battles!

-Different endings! (Ok, i'll admit this is a bit of a lie. There's only one accessible by now but hey, i PLANNED four! xD)

-Artillery, chopper rides, tanks and explosions - everything included!

Known Issues:

-In the mission "Black Friday" the teammates often stuck at the barracks. I recommend to switch to them via teamswitch and move them out manually.

-It's not done yet so there will be some bigger or minor issues. I will list them all when i find them but for now please contact me if you have something to add to this list!

Requirements:

-Arma 2

Installation:

Put the "Operation_Red_Star.PBO" in your "arma 2\campaigns" folder. You may have to create the folder first!

Changelog:

1.00 - 12.10.2010

-Initial Release.

1.01 - 13.10.2010

-FIXED: Bug in "Reconnaissance" mission when Dr. Banks won't follow.

-FIXED: If teammates die, mission now fails correctly.

1.02 - 20.10.2010

-ADDED: Timeout in first mission when the chopper is chasing the boat.

-FIXED: In second version of mission "Chernogorsk" the dialogue after the third Shilka wouldn't end.

-CHANGED: The mortar fire in mission "Dublin" has now a bigger radius and different types of explosions.

-CHANGED: Teammates above the player's rank are now invincible while teammates below the player's rank are playable but yet mortal.

1.03 - 30.10.2010

-ADDED: Weapons selection in briefing.

1.04 - 04.11.2010

-FIXED: In mission "Prisoner Of War" the extraction helicopter was locked.

Credits:

Mission editing and scripting by IndeedPete

Contact: pete.indeed@gmx.de or just PM me on the BI-Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=53386

Thanks to:

Kavlarakos for his Tomahawk cruise missile script!

*[600]*The Itch for his flak simulation script!

SUPR3ME KILL3R for his flak firing script!

[KH]BabyAlien for his nice air strike script!

Mike84 for his awesome task hint function!

Mr-Murray for his great editing guide!

The BI-Forums for the answers to so many questions!

Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game!

Feedback is appreciated!

Have Fun!

Pictures:

Download:

Armaholic v1.02

Rapidshare v1.04

Mediafire v1.04

Strategy Informer v1.00

Edited by IndeedPete

Thanks to Armaholic and Strategyinformer for their mirrors!

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Hm, i just noticed that i still had testing options enabled in Grey Sky. The Player is invicible and can teleport. I fixed it and uploaded the new version to Rapidshare and Mediafire. The links in my first post have been updated!

Grey Sky 1.01

-FIXED: Removed invicibility and teleport option

These look awesome mate, downloading now I'll post thoughts after Ive had a decent go at both campaigns. Thanks for the hard work mate!!

Hi!

Got an issue with Grey Sky.

In the first mission, the guy lead me to his camp but nothing happens. Then, he goes back to the crashsite...

Hm, that's strange. I just played the first mission with no problems.

Did you try just to replay it? Or what did you actually do? Did you take the huntingrifle as he said?

If soemone else has this issue, please post here so i can find a solution, thanks!

So, I took the Hunting Rifle (which is called XM8 Carbine...), and I went back to formation.

Then, I took out about 3 guys, we went to the camp and... We went back to the choppah...

I had no more ammos, so maybe he wanted me to take some...

Hm, did you try -as i said- just to replay the mission? Or revert from a savegame?

Just updated Operation Red Star:

1.01 - 13.10.2010

-FIXED: Bug in "Reconnaissance" mission when Dr. Banks won't follow.

-FIXED: If teammates die, mission now fails correctly.

New version has been uploaded to RS and Mediafire!

I was asked to do a version of Grey Sky without ACE, so i was wondering if there are more than one people who would appreciate a non-ACE version?

Since it's a bit of work i thought i'd ask before i waste my time.^^

I was asked to do a version of Grey Sky without ACE, so i was wondering if there are more than one people who would appreciate a non-ACE version?

Since it's a bit of work i thought i'd ask before i waste my time.^^

I'd definitely vouch for a non-ACE version. ;)

Not sure.. I use ACE and don't have problems with it.

Either way... I am only a few minutes in and already am wishing that it was longer than the 3 mission length :-)

Really liking it so far. Thanks for releasing this gem.

I'm just having problems updating my ACE2 after finding out that there's been so many updates and new releases since I last did so.

Frankly, I just don't want to spend so much time downloading something I don't typically use outside of certain user-made missions/campaigns, especially with my shitty internet. :butbut:

Played the first couple of missions from Red Star and so far I'm fairly impressed. :) Glad to see you released these.

Wow, thanks for the positive replies!

Good, then i'll try to create an ACE free version of Grey Sky. Does someone know a silenced sniperrifle without adding an addon?^^ And aside from the shitty Vintorez..

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I'm just having problems updating my ACE2 after finding out that there's been so many updates and new releases since I last did so.

That's my problem too. I just use the stable versions from Armaholic and not the daily updates. ;)

Edited by IndeedPete

Just played the first few missions in both campaigns, So far with no issues. These campaigns are Awesome mate I really appreciate the High level of detail in the missions (intro's/cutscenes etc.) Looking forward to finishing these. Thanks again mate for the Hard Work I can tell these two campaigns must of taken a long time to develop.

Yep, i started with ORS more than one year ago, when Arma 2 was published. About half a year later i started Grey Sky. But it just takes too much time to finish one mission. The 4th mission of Grey Sky took me a few months until it was like i wanted it to be.

I could do missions faster but that's not what i want. I want details and story and gameplay.^^ I like games where every single spot offers details and creates a tight atmosphere.

I have many ideas but not the time and the motivation to work on it.

Anyways, if you like these campaigns you'll like my upcoming SP/MP mission! :)

Hello,

Many thanks for your Red Star campaign, i'have just started the first missions and i find them well made. Great intros; those give a good immersion even without voices, and a good storyline.

I see just now the patch for the bugs (VIP didn't follow) thanks.

And for your question, personnally i prefer non-ace version.

I prefer the Ace Version, if you work with the Stable Version all should be fine. I mean its really not a big deal to download the stable....

It is when your internet is crap and you won't use it at all outside of this particular campaign. :(

I see, i'll publish an non-Ace version by this afternoon or evening.^^ So you can choose wich one you want to play.

Got a bug In the Prologue Mission of the Addon Free Campaign.

If im on the sea with the spetznaz general theres just no end. the SU keeps hunting the chopper who is engaging the boot, but the mission does never end.

Ah, i see. The chopper must be dstroyed before the mission ends. Normally the plain would shoot the helo down but, well Arma's AI...^^

I'll include a timeout in the next version, for now please restart the mission or try again from a saved game. If you don't want to "waste" more time hit ctrl numlock - and type ENDMISSION to end the mission immediatley. :)