Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

oki oki ;) i want to see that ingame and one question is it a new system for the hellfire ? i really like the ace system i don't know if you already see it ?

Nope I haven't, it's an upgraded system had used since OFP, but the curvature is more accurate after reading various charts as to the path of the firemodes.

Later down the line non radar equipped apache's will have to lase the target prior to launch, something will be done with radar we're just not yet sure what. Also check last page, the video is no longer 404.

Funny thing, I giggled just like that.

At times Franze likes to add some jokery to addons or testing, one of the features of our apache since OFP has been the emergency rescue option, which is present in the testbed..oh Franze you and your wacky humor. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma2%20and%20Operation%20Arrowhead/backseat.jpg?t=1303203864

Edited by NodUnit

@NodUnit,

the 404 on the dropbox might happen when the file isn't uploaded completely i think.

Woah progress is looking real nice...... Gorgeous model.... And the rotor deatail and movement is amazing..

I'll be glad to have sex with both of them

I'll do Franze, NodUnit can operate the cam xD

ok guys enough of that ;)

i have an serious question to Franze ( i hope he is checking this thread aswell)

1. is it possible for you to simulate recoil when beeing the gunner and zooming in and shooting the 203?

2. Will it still have the ULB compatibility?

3. Can the gunner sight be animated?

Really looking forward to what your magical brain and hands will do to this bird!

btw VERY NICE videos Nod!

and another question to you , Nod, i saw this picture and was wondering, if you are modelling the engines aswell?

and one last general question: do you already know who will be doing the textures? I would love to see all the texture gurus get their hands on it and deliever an community masterpiece

Edited by PurePassion

As far as I've figured out dude you can use the ULB in anything.... I like to use it in a C-130 with MOAB.. Alas it stops the vehicle dead in the air and rotates it on the spot....

@Purepassion I agree with you. It would be great if we could get the recoil as we had seen on those apache guncams. Oh, and Franze, will you make sure that the sight and the bullets match up? You have to adjust your bulletdrop everytime you zoom in. Hated it.

If I looked like that I'd have sex with m- wait what.

Aaaanywho I'll be working on the engines or something of it later on..as for textures, no idea yet, not quite a thought until it is even fully finished much less UV mapped (which is going to take a while I imagine)

Edited by NodUnit

Some answers regarding the rotor:

Most helicopters don't have a moving rotor shaft - it's a static shaft driving the blades; all direction changes are done purely through the pitch of the rotor blades. Some helicopters, like the CH-47, can actually tilt the entire assembly but this appears to be uncommon due to the complexity involved.

@Max Power

The cone is technically there already, it's just hard to discern at the moment. The amount of pitch and the resulting flap still needs to be tweaked in comparison to the real thing. Bear in mind the Super Shitter has a rotor diameter larger than the AH-64's by 8 meters as well.

By using the InputAction command we can get inputs for almost any 'action' to include stick inputs, key inputs, etc. with the caveat that this only works for player operated vehicles. For AI vehicles they will use a scripted hard coded effect with less scripting overhead.

@M1n1d0u

The LOAL/LOBL system as depicted is a stand-in until I build a new Longbow/TADS/missile guidance system, a duplicate of a system I've worked on for my F-16.

@PurePassion

1 - Not sure at the moment. I don't know enough about the limitations to speak with absolute certainty. For example, I ran into a bone limit in the skeleton configuration already.

2 - UAV Level 4 interface only possible with Block III, which we plan to incorporate - possibly also include a Firescout.

3 - Not sure what you're asking here. All BI's helicopters have had animated targeting systems since ArmA1, so our TADS is linked to gunner's tracking motion. PNVS sensor for the pilot yet to be animated.

Textures: Nodunit will be doing the textures at some point. We may split that work 50/50; wait and see.

@ray243

M230 capabilities and usage is not fully implemented at the moment. Using the default system at this time; future implementations I can't really talk about because again, I've only just started.

Thanks for the answers, guys! Great work, too!

edit:

No doubt the other helicopter has a less rigid rotor system than the attack helicopter as well.

So I guess you have the spinning rotors coning and not the stationary ones. Is it simply the difference between the rotorblur model and the stationary rotor model or is there other magic going on?

Edited by Max Power

We don't use the blur model at all - only the static model. The coning is being done because the blades have a working flap axis. The sagging is controlled through a different animation.

I saw that the coning was done using a working flapping axis. I was thinking in my mind that if you had the cyclic 'coning' animation bound to the joystick input that the blades would cone whether they were turning or not. I was thinking that if you had that stuff working for only the blur model you wouldn't have to worry about some complex solution. The downside would be you would see some popping if the cyclic was full up when the blades transitioned from static to blurred.

Thanks again for the info!

My personal preference would be something like they did in DCS black shark, start the inner workings as being full 3D then as we get to the edges of the blades blur out, that way the blades aren't simple flat planes. But I don't think we can do that, at least not without something screwing up. holy crap almost 60 pages already.

Edited by NodUnit

and 54.000+ views! Its crazy isnt it!?

3 - Not sure what you're asking here. All BI's helicopters have had animated targeting systems since ArmA1, so our TADS is linked to gunner's tracking motion. PNVS sensor for the pilot yet to be animated.

Yeah my english.... (german guy here ;) )

i dont know the correct word

what i basically wanted to ask is, if we can have moving elements in the gunner optics like the Cued LOS Reticle , rocket steering sensor etc..

but i guess its possible, since we already have the FOV and all that

and do you think its possible to have all 4 sets

bop up

hover

transition

and cruise

with different symbology

It is, after the first week of posts I was expecting the topic to just skim by from lack of interest.

As per your question, since you linked images of the HDU flight modes I'm guessing that is your question..the only answer I can give is maybe but we do have the changing modes on our mind.

Edited by NodUnit

Yup those were HDU's ;)

As per your question, I'm guessing you are asking if the symbology on the TADS can be animated (since you said gunner), if so then yes it will be animated and change according to action.

that was exactly my question! ;)

great to hear that - all those possibilities flashing in my head :bounce3: ;)

I think, when this is finished we should make some comparison videos

Arma2+NodUnit-Franze vs Reality !!!

Question: I saw screenshots of what I'm sure was THIS chopper on the Project: Reality mod page. Will we have to wait for the completion of Project: Reality to see this chopper, or may it be released by itself at an earlier date?