Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

@The Coyote

No, this one is separate from Project Reality.

@Max Power

The coning only takes effect when the rotors are up to speed.

@Pure Passion

IHADSS not complete at the moment but we'd like to get all modes in.

@The Coyote

No, this one is separate from Project Reality.

@Max Power

The coning only takes effect when the rotors are up to speed.

@Pure Passion

IHADSS not complete at the moment but we'd like to get all modes in.

Hell yes :) Awesome.

Pardon the bump with no anything but I've got a question, do any of you know of any voice changing software? You see I want to record videos of the latest additions, and add audio rather than words and nothing buuuut..well, I don't..like the way my voice..sounds on the mic..

Audacity is free audio editing software. In addition, you can use a text-to-speech program to read lines.

It's not so much the text to speech, I have a draft written,and viewed on an opposite monitor.

The problem is..well...a sort of congestion effect comes in after I start speaking for a while, I don't like it really but I'm more concerned with it grating on the listeners ears.

For the heck of it here is a teaser pic of what will be covered in the video.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma2%20and%20Operation%20Arrowhead/tease1.jpg?t=1303718904

Edited by NodUnit

I would suggest then just doing multiple takes. That's pretty much how any sort of recording that looks/sounds good is done. Break the script into recording sessions, and review each section the day after you do it. Then figure out if you need to do a retake. Or do several takes of a recording session each time you do it and pick the best one. I guess it's not the easiest thing to be your own director, but no one needs know you redid a recording session 30 times before you got the perfect one. It might even take less time than retouching the recordings in software.

I tried changing the tone of my voice but that didn't help much either, although the audio changes the effect is still there, I can hear it between pauses on words..it sounds almost..static or something like that, I'm not really sure...all I know is the effect is there regardless of voice tone.

Edited by NodUnit

i also think the best way to do it would be multiple takes

i know this "problem" one of my best friends has this aswell...

but otherwise wer're all friendly guys here and i think no one here cares about perfect voices so just do it like you can and we WILL appreciate everything you do!

just do it! ;)

PP

Ha, you sure you want to hear the classic nerd voice explaining things in the videos?

To be honest YES! :) i dont care about those superficialities

and the video will be about your work and not your voice ;)

right now i dont know your concept, but maybe you can also edit the text into the picture ( unless you want to talk a lot)

Edited by PurePassion

Moreso videos, covering Franze's latest on the articulated rotor assembly, the very first MPD screen test (nope it's not a flight page) and early PNVS as well as something else.

EDIT: tried the "listen to device" test and this is what I hear..

Echo'ing, fuzzy feedback, my keyboard clearly, my mouse clicking, and breathing breathing even though my mic is below my chin. I also have a friend over and sleeping, and it picks up their snoring.

Also I learned a very important and painful lesson about going into your audio mixer and pulling the arrow aaaalll the way to the top.

Edited by NodUnit

Keyboards and ambient noises and stuff will always be audible. In audacity you can sample ambient noises and attempt to filter them out, which might include the noise of your breath. It sounds like you just need to reposition your mic off to the side or something. Another trick is to put a membrane between your mic and your face, like a piece of paper, to make sure you aren't blowing on it. If course, if this is a headset that seems impractical, and just playing with the mic position will probably get you better results.

In every online tut or whatever the guy who's doing it sounds like a guy who has been sitting at his desk for too long and whose diaphragm is under compression. No one really sounds like a actor who does voice exercises. However, there are a few things that you can do to help the presentation. I think if you stretch out and get loose, warm up your voice, make sure you aren't tired, and most of all get to a place where you're comfortable with the microphone, the recording will sound fine. Talk into it like it's not even there. If you do a lot of these over time, the first ones you do will sound weird and amateurish to you as you go. It's the same with every skill. Just relax and go with it.

I sure do hope so, must have tried a dozen takes thus far and can't make it without screwing up once, at this rate I may just have to post one of my 'better' videos that will still contain screwups.

Anyway working on the first one which will be a more detailed dynamic rotor assembly demonstration.

Edited by NodUnit

If you're still not satisfied, you can always try recruiting a voice actor from the voice actor group. However, I don't think you need to worry about the odd mistake.

its really not about your voice acting

important i what you say and not how you say it! ;) so just dont care

Nah I wouldn't go THAT far, besides like you said I will eventually get better and more comfortable with this. However while I'm doing this here is another teaser pic of what will be covered in a video.

tease2.jpg?t=1303843579

Edited by NodUnit

different difficulty with different features?

Edited by PurePassion

Nope, has nothing to do with the difficulty.

Mmhmm, also first video, in 480 and 720. The audio seems to be a bit off but not too much that it ruins the..explanation, I was trying to keep myself in a short window and I think that made me screw up in the end. Oh wells on to the next one.

This one is about the dynamic rotor assembly so if you aren't interested in that, ignore these.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26474620/rotordem.wmv

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26474620/rotordem720.wmv

just 404's :(

Probably not finished uploading..might take a while, just try again later.

yup think so too lets just wait

1st one ready ;)

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

wow to be honest i like your voice! could be listening all day! great job!

and very nice footage! and of course a big thanks to Franze!

isnt it great to see all your ideas starting become something real, you can enjoy!

Edited by PurePassion

Oh you're just flattering me, I will say though that in the PNVS video I did feel far more comfortable.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26474620/pnvs.wmv PNVS video, I must now begin unhooking my equipment and leave the area, dern tornadoes chasing me away for the night.