Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

As for the PIP, never heard of that for Arma2 unless it is speculation that it could be coming from Take on helicopter to Arma2 in the future, where was this stated?

The buzzwords circulating around our studios alone goes some way to reveal the extent of the work at hand: picture in picture, increased view- and draw-distance, interactive cockpits, sling loads (....) that could potentially be integrated into some possible future games with a much larger scope.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/31/exclusive-interview-bohemia-interactive-talks-take-on-helicopters/

Now we wait....

That is going to be a long wait, but should PIP ever make it's way into Arma2 or there is the ability (and if we do) to transition this helo in full order to TOH then rest assured we would make as much use as we could to the point of experimenting with the HDU on the IHADSS and VUIT-2 for UAV guidance in block 3 (and that little mirror in the pilots station for detail). Things like having TADS or PNVS on the VDU (AH-64A) and on the MPD's would of course be a must, and bring a whole new level and challenge such as watching PNVS while watching TADS and occasionally scanning outside your view or for targets.

Also for any interested in some new mockup pages (TSD |ATK|, ASE and the remade FAUlt (previously SYS) may want to check out my photobucket, I won't be posting anymore images here until I am 100% sure the cockpits are done which at this point includes a few things but mainly lowering of polycount and so on.

Edited by NodUnit

The license the addon is distributed with refers to all of the content in the package. If the license says no derivative works, that means you can't take the package apart and redistribute the pieces.

Regarding Hankyanik's I think he must be referring to the fire control scripts or something. Regardless of how 'open source' it is, you can't take an apache and turn it into a cobra. The later versions of the Marine cobras can have hellfires, though.

I guess we are discombobulated, mainly what i was meaning to say was only about the MFD's. Because i am looking to do this with the cobra.

If it is the BIS AH-1Z I don't think you can..there are strict rules about opening the models themselves and that is precisely what you will need to do to get what we will be going for. There are however alternatives such as Dr Eyeballs AH-64 MPD and IHADSS pack, if you have not yet looked at it then I recommend you do.

Since it got bumped here is an apache video with some footage of the D models maneuverability, played with some rather unique music for a video, starting at 2:09

Edited by NodUnit

@Nod

little sidenote: if you want the video starting at 2:09 put #t=2m9s at the end of your link

so

;)

PP

btw nice video! The flares looked cool!

Edited by PurePassion

may want to check out my photobucket, I won't be posting anymore images here until I am 100% sure the cockpits are done which at this point includes a few things but mainly lowering of polycount and so on.

rgr that!

Hey NOD, Assuming that your apache gets ported into Arma 2, will you be doing all the in game functions like flying, flares, guncam etc. Or will someone else or the community be doing it?

All coding on this bird will be done by Franze unless he says otherwise, basic features will be included along with more but I cannot tell you what that is yet, we have much we'd like to do but many of it is theory and needs to be tested..unfortunately I ran into a bunk with the polycount so I'm working on lowering that without sacrifcing appearance on the model.

I will say this however because this is a garuntee, if you want some experience of how this helo will work prior to release or beta recruiting should we go that route.. Train and get used to using standard attack helicopters at range, and learn to pilot the aircraft without relying on the BI HUD, you won't have that in ours, A or D, you will have to familiarize yourself with and rely on cockpit instruments to perform your best.

Edited by NodUnit

Haha, I love Blahdy..used the same music that was in an apache longbow video, and what I was planning on using myself.

That is a bit too quick in maneuverability for any helicopter (much less safe at that speed) but you'll have to be more specific on your question.

@Myke I think he means things like strobe lights, counter measures, bitching betty, missile pattern etc. It's not really an insulting question, for an RTS game Blahdy made that unit very detailed including the model, it is easily one of the best I've seen.

Edited by NodUnit

Haha, I love Blahdy..used the same music that was in an apache longbow video, and what I was planning on using myself.

That is a bit too quick in maneuverability for any helicopter (much less safe at that speed) but you'll have to be more specific on your question.

@Myke I think he means things like strobe lights, counter measures, bitching betty, missile pattern etc.

Meh...shouldn't watch vids with sound muted. My apologies, post "updated" accordingly.

yeah I learned that lesson when I watched a video called "The art of teabagging" with no audio..seriously one of the biggest "w...t...f?" moments I've had yet.

Edited by NodUnit

Eh, what's going on? Can someone explain to me what happened?

I stayed up too late and posted.

What were your questions about regarding that video?

As long as I wouldn't be taking care of the wiring.

Franze has been busy this weekend working on a test bed (unfinished models) sent to try out one of his theories. Technicly it is not yet finished in appearance but I just got so excited I had to post it.

I think the detail maniacs will like this, as enthusiastic as I am about detail on the model, so is he to bring it to life and the first example is his fully articulated rotor system, every part moves in conjunction to a collective or cyclic input.

I suggest you have some music ready, I'm a newb at movie maker so I wasn't able to get any music in. First video demonstrates the rotor system in close detail on the ground and in flight. The second video is me having some fun demonstrating the level of control over the aircraft, ironicly I crashed immediately my first takeoff because I was so used to having to jerk my joystick hard to make the default longbow do maneuvers, bad mistake here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BXTCYFZA

Again this is WIP so don't expect textures and there may be a few 'gaps'.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3W8ZZ2T

EDIT: waiting 25 minutes for the 2nd video to upload..any chance that any one has some tips about how to make file size lower? 175MB for a 9 minute video seems a bit ridiculous.

EDIT#2: Also don't expect anything fancy, I hardly have ANY experience in video making and this was just a quick toss together.

Edited by NodUnit

As for uploading and sharing files, please take a look at www.dropbox.com as it is a really good way to put stuff online.

Downloading and reporting back later...

:EDITH:

Downloaded and watched...hereby i declare NodUnit officially renamed to "Mr. Awesome" instantly.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

No no no no I cannot take ANY of that credit, it all belongs to Franze, I made the assembly, he brought it to life there for he is Mr Awesome.

Correction: NodUnit and Franze = Team Awesome.

This decision is not matter of any further discussion. :p

;)

I'll accept that.

Also the 2nd video is uploaded, this is the one I recommend having some music for unless you want 8 minutes of silence. I wish I could have put some music in then again it would have probably been "Living on a prayer" and something else..

Also uploading to that dropbox thing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26474620/rtr1-1.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26474620/flight%20test.zip

Edited by NodUnit

I have to say the first video was incredibly impressive. Beats our DRS hands down.

NodUnit - really nice animations :)

Heh with real sounds it will be very very sexy and with nice textures it will be godlike :p

ray243, close your pants and both hands on the keyboard. That it works ingame doesn't mean it is close to release at all.