Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

[PvP] GunGame --- Fast Paced TDM!

Now there's no reason to get Black Ops! :D

Not that there ever was one...

Exactly :)

Black Ops gungame can't be played on dedicated servers either!

Hey anyone got a server going where they play this with people???

I have a few friends and we like to do PVP but getting everyone together is tough it'd be nice if someone out there is running it, I've searched a couple times, no luck.

List the server name and mods required/disallowed if there are any.

Cheers.

I have a few friends and we like to do PVP but getting everyone together is tough it'd be nice if someone out there is running it, I've searched a couple times, no luck.

Cheers.

These two servers have it (click on the image and scroll down for Mods allowed lists):

North America

lgsl_image.php?s=3

Europe

lgsl_image.php?s=10

I would try to gather some people to play it for North America, but everybody is still busy with the holidays right now I guess.

Personally I feel that the "GunGame" title stuck on top of the screen and the UT announcements are unnecessary.

I just realized I should keep that there because when you set a time limit, the time limit is actively show right underneath the GunGame v1.01 text. It'd look really weird if I removed it.

Cheers.

Filter SBS in the server name buddy,,,, we play it (obviously not all the time) NO MODS required or WANTED :) you are welcome to vote yoursefl admin when we are not about and run it yourself.....

we are UK based and so is the server.

Edited by Taxman

we love this at SBS m8, its a good fun mission which has us all laughing at each others efforts with the pistols lol, keep the missions coming m8, would like to see what else u've got

we love this at SBS m8, its a good fun mission which has us all laughing at each others efforts with the pistols lol, keep the missions coming m8, would like to see what else u've got

If you want to see gungame have more weapon sets and locations on maps, just suggest some and I'll add them next version.

Glad to see you guys enjoying the mission so much. It gets hilarious when everybody is on pistols trying to kill each other from a range.

Cheers.

If your in Europa you could try TV2 servers - Mission is uploaded and its plays on server 1 usually. If the server is empty just select the mission, the servers are not that hard to fill :) Filter TV2 to find them - public teamspeak 3 @ speak.battle.no

List of mods(mostly soundmods so you do not need to install anything to play) and server discussions are here

Edit: Gossamer linked us :) Thanks

Edited by cri74

First Off diggin this Mission man Gun-Game for Arma 2 is 1 thing that I was needing!

There is just not enough fast paced misions just for fun.

I was thinking of a Zargabad mosque Gun-Game didnt know if it would be cool to port it or if you would feel like tackling it, not that it looks tuff.

Second thought I had was maybe another mission that can set the game as a bomb diffuse style map similar to the CS:S gameplay since you have brought it here anyway. Then I thought seeing some PvP hostage rescue style would be cool to.

Also Runnig this on a Seattle Test server right now

Gun Game Test Server Combined Operations

V 1.01 keeps crashing a dedicated server when someone disconnects at the end of a round when someone won. happened on 2 maps Desert and PMC.

gungame.jpg

Windows server running with TADST server manager.

great fun with this mission.

Edited by kdjac

First Off diggin this Mission man Gun-Game for Arma 2 is 1 thing that I was needing!

There is just not enough fast paced misions just for fun.

I was thinking of a Zargabad mosque Gun-Game didnt know if it would be cool to port it or if you would feel like tackling it, not that it looks tuff.

Second thought I had was maybe another mission that can set the game as a bomb diffuse style map similar to the CS:S gameplay since you have brought it here anyway. Then I thought seeing some PvP hostage rescue style would be cool to.

Also Runnig this on a Seattle Test server right now

Gun Game Test Server Combined Operations

Yeah there aren't enough fast paced missions out there yet, but there are some good ones, you should check out Celery's PVP Missions

I can add the Zargabad Mosque to the levels in 1.02 easily. Any other map location suggestions?

Your idea of a CSS mode sounds really fun, but I'm already swamped with Warfare, GunGame and now School on top of running a community :)

V 1.01 keeps crashing a dedicated server when someone disconnects at the end of a round when someone won. happened on 2 maps Desert and PMC.

*image here*

Windows server running with TADST server manager.

great fun with this mission.

I'm not getting the error messages on my server. Taxman, can you chime in here. Do you get those error messages on your server?

It might be the way your server is configured, I'm not too sure. I'll try to look into it.

I'm not getting the error messages on my server. Taxman, can you chime in here. Do you get those error messages on your server?

It might be the way your server is configured, I'm not too sure. I'll try to look into it.

It only happens when someone disconnects during the WINNER screen. But the error takes down the server.

oK we havent had any problems with this,,,,,,,,,,but tbh its run smooth with us from the beginning EXCEPT for the error that happens when a few mmembers dont upgrade weps.... I think it has somthing to do with the TK's

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

edit we use win server also but with firedaemon managing it as a service, doubt thats gonna be the prob though.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

server_player diconnected.sqf ---- never heard of that.. is it somthing your server is running ?

oK we havent had any problems with this,,,,,,,,,,but tbh its run smooth with us from the beginning EXCEPT for the error that happens when a few mmembers dont upgrade weps.... I think it has somthing to do with the TK's

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

edit we use win server also but with firedaemon managing it as a service, doubt thats gonna be the prob though.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

server_player diconnected.sqf ---- never heard of that.. is it somthing your server is running ?

Can you post the RPT section for that error with TKing please?

I set up my servers on firedaemon as well, so they should be fine.

Server_PlayerDisconnected.sqf is a script that is loaded into the server side of the mission at the very start. It runs the script for the player that quits each time a player quits. That's why I don't know why it would error.

I'll keep looking into it.

Not getting an error here, but I cant say that I would have met the same situation only had a handfull on here or there.

Update to gungame will be out in the near future. Played a few good rounds tonight and found some things I'd like to fix.

nice one buddy, would appreciate a fix to the JIP, once the game is started "most" players who join after take ages to upgrade their guns after kills, (its a bit like they have to catch up with the rest of the server) the longer the game has been runnning the more kills they need to get their first upgrade.

nice one buddy, would appreciate a fix to the JIP, once the game is started "most" players who join after take ages to upgrade their guns after kills, (its a bit like they have to catch up with the rest of the server) the longer the game has been runnning the more kills they need to get their first upgrade.

Was working on that last night :)

Hey, we noticed a strange thing happening once in a while. While playing in Rambowhatever mode once you get to IED you can't actually place it. The player doesn't have the action at all, which also led to a discovery of a loophole: game can be won by one of the teammates dropping a weapon and the IED soldier picking it up and shooting one of the opposing team. This is a serious issue for competitions. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

I do have a few requests also:

- choose the opposing factions a little better, for example on it's and takistan it works well, both teams blend in to the environment somehow well, but on proving grounds, the opfor has a deadly disadvantage since they stick out like a sore thumb in their grey overalls.

- to be able to select time of day in parameters. Will defenatelly spice things up a little, good for replayability.

- more maps of course but I see u got that covered.

Anyway great job! super fun mission to just unwind with some friends. Can't wait for the next version.

Hey, we noticed a strange thing happening once in a while. While playing in Rambowhatever mode once you get to IED you can't actually place it. The player doesn't have the action at all, which also led to a discovery of a loophole: game can be won by one of the teammates dropping a weapon and the IED soldier picking it up and shooting one of the opposing team. This is a serious issue for competitions. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

I do have a few requests also:

- choose the opposing factions a little better, for example on it's and takistan it works well, both teams blend in to the environment somehow well, but on proving grounds, the opfor has a deadly disadvantage since they stick out like a sore thumb in their grey overalls.

- to be able to select time of day in parameters. Will defenatelly spice things up a little, good for replayability.

- more maps of course but I see u got that covered.

Anyway great job! super fun mission to just unwind with some friends. Can't wait for the next version.

Hey there Soul Assassin!

I noticed the IED issue myself and I've narrowed it down to ArmA 2 characters not being able to use the IED. The IED has been replaced with the Handgrenade for next version.

I did see the proving grounds mismatch, but I forgot to write it down. Thanks for reminding me.

I'll add a parameter in to override weather on each map.

More maps are definetly on the way! BigMorgan has already made about 4 more for the next version which are really fun!

I'll add a parameter in to override weather on each map.

Weather AND time of day plzzzz :)

Weather AND time of day plzzzz :)

Sure thing :)

So two parameters. One for time of day and one for weather.

Just a general question: was this kind of gameplay first introduced to Arma 2 in GunGame or AI clan's Level Down?

Just a general question: was this kind of gameplay first introduced to Arma 2 in GunGame or AI clan's Level Down?

I've never heard of "Level Down", got a link I can see?