Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Chopper/aerial taxi script

Nice one Norrin, thank you.

Just some ideas though, any chance of making it with a chance to drop an ammo box

too if needed once you land, (with options). Also how about making it respawn if its

shotdown? lol... Thanks again mate.

It already respawns - I had one crash into some trees before it could extract me and it respawned back at its "base". Dropping off a configurable ammo box is a nice idea (getting it back in the chopper again could be a problem though).

Wouldn't you know it - thanks to the help of Mike-USA I've found some further issues with the scripts - hopefully this will fix them:

http://norrin.org/downloads/OA/HeliTaxi/ChopperTaxi_02b.Takistan.rar

To add to your mission just replace your old scripts folder with the new one in the test mission.

PS: Sorry Fox :blush:

It already respawns - I had one crash into some trees before it could extract me and it respawned back at its "base". Dropping off a configurable ammo box is a nice idea (getting it back in the chopper again could be a problem though).

Thanks, did know that .. should of really tested it out more, but having it on the details page would help, lol. Anyways, as for the ammo spawner.. you can have it spawn and not bother taking it, just have it spawn ammo when ever you need it, even if it means spawning a dozen ammo boxes all over the place! lol

Dont know how you scripters pull these things off, but thanks a bunch Norrin for superb scripts. This one works flawlessly.

Well sir, just fyi, but I'm now getting multiple instances of it in my addaction menu when I use version 2 or 2b. This time it's when I die and respawn or revive (last time when you helped me I was seeing this as teammates were being respawned and revived).

I'm seeing the "extraction action added" hint once as I'm laying there waiting to respawn/revive, and then again after I finally do respawn/revive.

This is listen server and/or MP editor preview.

https://sites.google.com/site/rflaggtoc/wip-missions/Revive20Taxi.Takistan.7z?attredirects=0&d=1

Well sir, just fyi, but I'm now getting multiple instances of it in my addaction menu when I use version 2 or 2b. This time it's when I die and respawn or revive (last time when you helped me I was seeing this as teammates were being respawned and revived).

I'm seeing the "extraction action added" hint once as I'm laying there waiting to respawn/revive, and then again after I finally do respawn/revive.

https://sites.google.com/site/rflaggtoc/wip-missions/Revive20Taxi.Takistan.7z?attredirects=0&d=1

I had that problem too, until I looked closely at the editor and saw that I'd accidentally cut and pasted a copy of the taxi chopper. Not suggesting that you're as stupid as me...

Sorry mate - should have mentioned this but I've fixed the code that automatically re-adds the extraction option if you respawn - so you no longer need to add the code that re-adds this option in the NORRNCustomExecs in the revive_init.sqf.

Nice work again Norrin

Just 2 questions thou,

1: How can I bypass the "give clearance for takeoff" and go straight from getting in heli to telling it to "return to base" or "pick another destination"?.

2: When the heli comes in on final approach I would like it a bit higher so it dosent hit house and trees, would like to get it to land in tighter areas, what would I change to get it to do this?.

Thanks for your time dude and keep up the good work.

See you on the dark side.....

@pillpopper

1. yeah should be possible now but as I just mentioned in the revive thread I don't have time to work on this script for at least a few weeks due to other commitments.

2. With the latest beta patches this chopper behaviour has been fixed.

norrin

Hi all,

first of all thank you for this great script,

I have been making my first map and have used this script, which works fine when it isnt with any other scripts ( i must be doing something wrong).

I am using it with a air-strike script, but now when i click on the map to set the destination nothing happens, it will say destination set, but the helicopter will not move.

below is my init.sqf is there something i am doing wrong?

CheckVM = [] execVM "scripts\jet1.sqf";
PooVM = [] execVM "scripts\laserairstrike.sqf";

[slick1] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

// For extraction action at start-up
p1 setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];

//NORRN_aerialTaxiRespawnOff = true;
NORRN_noAerialTaxiAtStart = true;

thank you for your time

Edited by bignewy

has anyone added this to the MH-6 Little Bird? I would love to be able to fast rope off of those.

Nice work again Norrin. When the heli comes in on final approach I would like it a bit higher so it dosent hit house and trees, would like to get it to land in tighter areas, what would I change to get it to do this?.

I too am having problems with this, it would be awesome to have a fix when you have time please mate.

I'm having trouble getting the player to call for extraction at the start of a mission without having to get in the chopper and first set a destination.

Do I need to sync the chopper to the player? In the demo mission this wasn't the case, the script works fine if I have the player hop in at the start, but I'm making a mission where you start in a hot zone and need to call for extraction.

I'm having trouble getting the player to call for extraction at the start of a mission without having to get in the chopper and first set a destination.

Do I need to sync the chopper to the player? In the demo mission this wasn't the case, the script works fine if I have the player hop in at the start, but I'm making a mission where you start in a hot zone and need to call for extraction.

From the 1st post:

4.If you want to have the ability to call for extraction from mission start (ie. without having used the chopper to get to some location) make sure in the init.sqf file you put some code like:

player setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];

where:

player - is player or the name given to the playable unit in the editor

slick1 - is the name given to the chopper in the editor

NB: only one chopper can be defined as the extraction chopper in the init.sqf

By default the set variable is already present in the init.sqf, I'll mess around with it more, I'm pretty new to using scripts though.

edit: disregard that, I couldn't call for extraction because I wasn't the leader of a group in my mission, however it seems that I can't use this script when there are other choppers in play, in my mission I have reinforcements arrive by chinook and by small team exfil in a blackhawk, the Marines arriving by chinook are supposed to land in a clearing about 200 yards to the rear, but when I set my waypoint for extraction the Marines chopper decided to land in a hot LZ with 150 Takistani militia opening up on them, then it's supposed to leave according to the set waypoint, but instead I watched it still spinning it's blades in the hot LZ as we pull out of there. It dumped it's load(that's what she said) and just sat on the ground never taking off (it wasn't damaged)

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

norrin thanks so much mate the respwan works great as dose everything els however i won to have the chopper used for both sides i worked out how to get it to work by adding

// init.sqf

[slick1] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

[slick2] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

// For extraction action at start-up

player setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick2, true];

//NORRN_aerialTaxiRespawnOff = true;

NORRN_noAerialTaxiAtStart = true;

so i just name the other chopper slick2 it works and the other team can call there chopper but when they die they don't get the option back now i looked in the re_addExAction script but i cant see were i need or what to do any chance u can help me out with this or anyone i guess i need to add something for slick2 but i cant see

i guess somthing went a little nuts with my first test cuz it works fine now not sure what happen

Edited by adamcarolan2290

I'm using this great looking script in a mission and everything works fine except for a situation related to the extract option without being in the helo first:

- By adding the "unit setVariable ["NORRN_taxiHeli", slick1, true];" code in the init.sqf file the team leader gets the extraction option in the menu but once he dies (my mission uses Respawn on side AI) and respawns on another AI, the option disapears and even the new team member doesn't get the extract option. So my question is: Is there a way to re-activate this option for another team member (the new team leader, for example) once the team leader dies? If yes, how?

Also, it seems that once the team leader equips himself with a Satchel charge that the extract option disapears. If this happens and once again: is there a way to re-activate the option in the "middle of the mission"?

Thanks in advance for replies...

Only the team leader gets the option.

If you don't respawn as a team leader then it's normal you don't have it.

2. Might be a bug. I let Norrin answer you.

Well this definitly seems to be a bug (the extraction feature). For example while you have the "extraction option" in the action menu everything seems to work ok but if get inside a vehicle or if you acess an ammo box for example the "extraction option" WILL disappear from the action menu!

hey i was wondering if it would be easy enough to make a attack chopper work in the same sort of way like have it so u can call for it the same way as the helo and click on the map were u wont it to go to and have it do a patrol or somthing or attack that spot and have it rtb the after like 30 sec auto somthing like that would that be possible ????

Hi guys, I'm having some problems implementing this script into my mission and I was wondering if anyone can help. Basically I want the extraction option open to everyone via a radio trigger. I've tried everything I can think of and no luck so far, I think my problem is in the trigger init field and that I dont know how to pass which player called the transport to the script, I'm unsure if thats the case though.

If anyone could offer some insight I would greatly appreciate it.

I thought it would be something as simple as placing this in a radio trigger:

and commenting out
if (player != leader group player) exitWith {}; 

from addexaction.sqf

Edited by murderhorse
Clarity