Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

CO16 Insurgency

Nah, that ain't right. Unless the mission maker did'nt know how to script a CAS AI properly so he has the player take control of it instead?

It's actually a pretty cool feature, and I'm sure it takes more scripting to do it then leaving it to AI. AI pilots are mostly very annoying.

The CAS is a very very cool feature. You have just enough time for two passes usually.

Nah, that ain't right. Unless the mission maker did'nt know how to script a CAS AI properly so he has the player take control of it instead?

Show me how to make the ai fly better than a human can and engage targets more intelligently and how to make it communicate with other players-oh wait, thats impossible.

Coding in AI CAS is piss easy and anyone can do it, but why the hell would you want ai to do something a player could do 100 times better. If i call an ai a10 in to strafe some buildings and engage some infantry targets, hes not going to, unless i start coding in fireAtTarget and change his bearing to line up exactly with the desired targets every couple of seconds, which is far too much work.

Also why take the fun away from the players? Everyone loves strafing things in the a10 so why assign that role to a computer thats probably gonna go off course and engage a tank 1000m west of the designated area.

When coding missions you need to think about whats fun for the players and whats not, but i guess you wouldn't know the difference BF2_Trooper :P

The best part is I get to strafe without having to take off or land. :)

I admit - I had a WTF moment when I did it the first time and then had this stupid "i-will-own-you-all" grin as I beared down on an armoured target. :)

When do we get a real COOP version and a PVP version? This mixed up version we have atm is breaking the game apart.

Ppl tend to go after the human guy who just sniped them from somewhere and so the hidden caches dont matter anymore. The gameplay is becoming a normal Team-DM if you ask me.

This mission deserves a better version! Plz split it up into 2 versions! :) Thx

0.70 or 0.71betaxx?

if you are referring to 0.70 then please try the latest beta version as 0.70 is ancient and the opfor spawning system completely different to what it is now. 0.72beta1 will be out soon (im just swamped with uni work atm) and it contains a whole bunch more of radical gameplay changes.

LOLS, have seen this behavior off and on in a few versions. v71 b10

FEKfnnaILag

No ability to turn on AI (and therefore lock out OPFOR slots to players if desired by admin?) anymore? I noticed your new balancing function, but still like the admin option (via the Enable/Disable AI option) to specify whether game will run with player OPFOR or not from the start.

Edited by gnarly_rider

Wait, there are helicopters in Insurgency?? How come I've never seen them in all the servers that run this mission?

This was my fav mission from ARMA 1.

Pogoman....how easy is it tom make a small version of t he mission for singleplayer. More importantly I guess, is whether you have any interest in doing that for us single player gamers who have families and can't get heaps of time to play online : P

Thanks

Frosty

How do you call in the A10 support? :butbut:

Communications.

In the last few version, Team leader has to approve them for his group. He gets a yea/no vote when a member request them.

playing 0.72b1 atm

i highly dislike the fact that (like in previous versions) a single player cant clear/green up capped zones,this is highly annoying playing with low player count (read = 1)

Oh yea,its srsly hard to cap/get INTEL from the insurgents,previous versions you just wounded them when they r low on numbers and you will get INTEL,but atm its impossible for me to retrieve any worthy information or a successfull capture

And what s up with the AI controlled choppers,the only thing it does is return to a remobilized HQ and i cant kill the pilot to use the chopper nor is it usable as transport (click map point/get transported there)

Why not make it a optional chopper for the player to use ... it got its sense on Takistan,Zargabad doesnt need a chopper imho

And pls,add me in the Mk17 not the Mk16 variant which i dislike also (for no obvious reason)

:D

Cheers,thumbs up

Grownups LAN in norway just now.. this weekend about 120 people over the age of 25 (most actually over 30) meet to battle it out, and this is infact a great mission that runs on the servers :)

Link to the latest versions in first post ?

Thanks Pogo !

Edited by cri74

playing 0.72b1 atm

i highly dislike the fact that (like in previous versions) a single player cant clear/green up capped zones,this is highly annoying playing with low player count (read = 1)

Oh yea,its srsly hard to cap/get INTEL from the insurgents,previous versions you just wounded them when they r low on numbers and you will get INTEL,but atm its impossible for me to retrieve any worthy information or a successfull capture

And what s up with the AI controlled choppers,the only thing it does is return to a remobilized HQ and i cant kill the pilot to use the chopper nor is it usable as transport (click map point/get transported there)

Why not make it a optional chopper for the player to use ... it got its sense on Takistan,Zargabad doesnt need a chopper imho

And pls,add me in the Mk17 not the Mk16 variant which i dislike also (for no obvious reason)

:D

Cheers,thumbs up

0.72b1 was a botched release. 0.72b2 is out now. Insurgents dont surrender anymore some of them drop intel when you kill them. Also the helicopter can be controlled by going to the communications menu (press 0->8). i'll add in mk17's. Official release will be out today as 0.72b2 is working well :).

0.72 official release:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2874396/Insurgency0.72.rar.html

main changelog:

added takistan versions.

added controllable helicopter

added random start location

added deployable/mobile HQ

moved almost all serverside functions to clientside

changed: intel is now dropped by enemies in a briefcase (ie no more surrendering insurgents).

changed: opfor now choose ai to control and can switch between any opfor ai on the map that isnt within 100m of blufor.

added new parameters:

number of ammo caches

number of blufor respawns

enable/disable insurgency map markers

change ai intensity (number of ai that spawn per player)

and a tonne of other minor tweaks and additions.

top top mission

really getting into this the last week or so

is there a way to save progress though?

or am i missing something?

cheers

Played BAF Zargabad version 0.70 yesterday. In 4 hours and cleaning out over 60% of all red zones, we got 1 weapon chace revaled. For me that is a show stopper bug, also if it's done by design?

enemies have a 10% chance off dropping intel, so it happens fairly regularly. i havent actually tested the zargabad versions at all but they use identical scripts to the takistan version which works fine so im not sure whats going on. perhaps you guys were really unlucky :P

enemies have a 10% chance off dropping intel, so it happens fairly regularly. i havent actually tested the zargabad versions at all but they use identical scripts to the takistan version which works fine so im not sure whats going on. perhaps you guys were really unlucky :P

I have test this version and we have found intel and ammo-cache so i think it works.

I don t arrive to use the A10, somebody can explain me ?

The idea of the random base is very good but on Zargabad when we spawn for the first time we are already attack, the base are to close from the enemy.

The idea of the random base is very good but on Zargabad when we spawn for the first time we are already attack, the base are to close from the enemy.

War is not pretty ehh? When I played that map, I actually liked the instant attack.

I had a few minutes to play 0.72 last nite on our server, on vaca starting Monday, and plan to get a lot of gaming in with this mission.

Seems it still takes 2 players to clear a red zone? (maybe I did not play long enough)

It would be nice to have an option to recruit at least 1 AI, preferably a medic.

That would help when no one else is playing.

Pogoman,

We have a pretty active thread on our forums ref your mission. Here

Most unpopular feature

Player balancing: kicking players off the server if they choose an unavailable slot.

Most popular feature

The mission concept: Requires real team work at last !

Nice work.