Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

CO16 Insurgency

@Pogoman

Will their be a ACE2 version? Have this mission on our server and we miss "earplugs" :D

I've tryed to add'em to the mission my self but then it wont start up! I think the problem

is that I 've no clue what the hell I'm doing *hehe*!!

Love both your mission and ACE2, hope that we can find a sulotion

Edited by ßøðyßâg

0.71 is on the verge of release as i released the last (hopefully) beta a few hours ago. Once released i'll have a look at an ACE2 version.

SLR ACE2 would be great, Opps sorry wrong thread :p

We played your mission the first time last evening.

Thanks to all who are involved in creating/porting this mission.-It was really a lot of fun!!:thumbsup:

Hey pogoman, cant wait.

Are there still OpFor slots open to players in 0.71? Hope not tbh. Coop mission should stay a coop mission.

A great night in your mission Pogoman, thanks alot :yay:

Here is a

from our time playing the BAF and US version

YCeAa8-GU_E

Edited by ßøðyßâg
Added YouTube clip

From playing more of this mission a couple of things have come our way from people's thoughts:

1. Add limited SVD to insurgents as their are a few in theatre
  2. Remove mortars as we have found a lot of players using them to just level an area before they go in, a bit unrealistic as you alwasy try and limit collateral damage. Or maybe limit to one with an action that only allows rearm at base
  3. Maybe add some motorbikes dotted around the map for the opfor only so they can move around between zones fairly easily if the blufor change direction. Maybe even act as dickers, or to tae that thought one stage further maybe have a few civilians riding around and if killed have some form of reaction.

As promised a thought for your briefing after playing the mission for many hours and gaining feedback from players on our server and the most common questions that we needed to answer (this is for a BAF version so would need the NLAW and Jackel changed).

player createDiaryRecord ["Diary",

[

"Credits",

"

Mission by pogoman.<br/><br/>

Insurgency is based on the gamemode created by Project Reality (an excellent realism mod for battlefield 2).<br/><br/>

The patrolling AI vehicles use Kronzy's fantastic Urban Patrol Script (UPS).<br/><br/>

The gear respawn dialog is a heavily modified version of the one used in Warfare - Benny edition.<br/>

"

]

];

[

"Controls",

"

The NLAW now requires no magazines, it is a single shot disposable weapon as it is in real life.<br/><br/>

If one of the Jackel wheels is damaged you can change the tyre via the action menu if you are close enough to the tyre.<br/><br/>

Additional key combinations:<br/>

Ctrl+TAB: Disable/Enable Insurgency keys/tags.<br/>

Ctrl+E: Get in/out of vehicles<br/>

E: Interrogate surrendered insurgents.<br/>

Shift+Page up: Increase color intensity.<br/>

Shift+Page down: Decrease color intensity.<br/><br/>

Respawn camera controls:<br/>

N: night vision<br/>

M: open map<br/>

Left/Right Arrow keys: cycle spawn locations<br/>

Backspace: Respawn gear menu<br/><br/>

"

]

];

[

"Objectives",

"

The objective is to locate and destroy insurgent ammo cache's located throughout this area of responsibility.<br/><br/>

Intel on the location of these ammo caches can be gained by interrogating insurgents that surrender, therefore don't be too trigger happy. Upon interogation they will give you a radius marker of where they know the location of a cache.<br/><br/>

Teamwork is essential in order to overcome the large insurgency presence in the area, stick to your squad and follow squad leader orders and it will be a lot easier to clear the zones and find the caches.<br/>

"

]

];

[

"About",

"

Coloured areas on the map represent different states:<br/>

Green areas indicate they have been cleared by BLUFOR while red areas indicate that there may be an enemy presence in that area.<br/><br/>

On the map clicking on a player or vehicle's icon will show either their id or name.<br/><br/>

Weapons selected via the loadout action will only appear on your person after a respawn, unless you are within 50m of the main base in which case you will obtain them instantly.<br/><br/>

Player controlled close air support is available through the ""communcation menu"" in your ""command menu"".<br/>

Once selected your squad leader must approve the CAS request, CAS is available every 20 minutes for each squad.<br/><br/>

"

]

];

Theres nothing wrong with having some opfor slots. pvp and coop is not that different. They just need to restrict opfor from taking bluefor guns and vehicles, and tweak it. Maybe add some spawntime.

Insurgency from PR is pvp, but yet still fully playable.

BearBison - your point #2, I'm guessing you were playing on a public server? On a private clan server 'mass destruction' should be controlled/prevented. Killing insurgents without taking prisoners won't win the game.

)rStrangelove;1756997']Coop mission should stay a coop mission.

I agree, it doesn't feel right. It's either coop or pvp but not both at the same time.

First off this is an incredible mission. Thank you very much for making it.

Woudl it be possible to get this mission on a couple other islands, Duala, Utes, Chernarus, Panthera or any other you makight like?

thanks

Eddie

@Cougs

On our private clan server it is easily controlled and they are used as in RL, also on a public server when admins are on it's easily sorted but this was seen on a few public servers with it running.

Although even without interogatin the prisoners I am sure it is possible to complete just a bit longer as sure when we have searched buildings we have come across crates without having intel in that area.

just a note for everyone on the ai teammates:

It is actually recommended that you do not disable them as having ai in a players' squad adds to the number of players when the server isn't at full capacity (obviously), however they take nothing away from the servers' performance as the ai are local to whoever is the squad leader of the squad, and if this is a player then all the cpu work is done on the players machine.

But the AI are still seen by other players so the information regarding their location still has to be passed by the server to the other players before they can handle it local, as well as other information regarding them. No?

Also I have not tried this "Insurgency" yet, is it a core system like Domination that can be freely modded?

Edited by callihn

I've just had a go on this mission, and I think it's awesome. I think you made all the right choices here; group respawning, player controlled air support, intelligent respawning of enemies and all-around intense atmosphere.

I can see this mission becoming much much better. Here's some suggestions;

1) Currently the villages seem quite empty. I think it would be much more intense if you added some AI civilians in the mix, with some big penalty of any casualties.

2) OPFOR slots are a great idea, but it still can be expanded on. Maybe you can do a real PvP version with AI civilians added? I can see it becoming very popular.

3) Please keep the Squad-AI so that the mission can still be playable with few players.

Thanks again for the great mission, I hope you continue your work.

We would love to see your mission on other maps, too. Maybe even focused on smaller sectors or less ammo caches (choosable via parameters?) - Zagrabad is pretty big.

one tip: starting on North is more easy since your base is not surrounded like on South ;)

Incase none of you have read the ausarma thread in pogos 1st post here is the latest..

LATEST VERSION:

ZARGABAD:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11934 (0.70)

TAKISTAN:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-284 ... n.pbo.html (0.71 beta 7)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-285 ... n.pbo.html (0.71 beta 7 BAF)

changelog:

rewrote ai spawning/cleanup system to be simpler but more effective.

tweaked heli remote controlling

changed intel system: enemies no longer surrender, they just have a 20% chance of dropping a briefcase containing intel.

Hmm.. those links are in a strange language and does not have a file selected as far as i can understand

TAKISTAN:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-284 ... n.pbo.html (0.71 beta 7)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-285 ... n.pbo.html (0.71 beta 7 BAF)

changelog:

rewrote ai spawning/cleanup system to be simpler but more effective.

tweaked heli remote controlling

changed intel system: enemies no longer surrender, they just have a 20% chance of dropping a briefcase containing intel.

Nice!! :yay:

Okay, something weird happened when i called in an A-10 CAS. Not sure if it's part of the mission but... when I selected a target on the map, I SPAWNED as the A-10 PILOT!! Ofcourse i ended up crashing and then respawning back as my normal infantry character again.

That is part of the mission ;)

Do all the damage you can, it will time out, then you respawn.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

Hello everybody.

Thanks for this mission, i think that it's the better mission that i have ever play.

But can you add this parameter at your mission please:

-We can select the number of re-spawn (0 to infinite)

-The proportion of the enemy

-Activate or deactivate the markers of the allies.

If we could have more slots for bluefor , a tank and perhaps a chopper.

A protection of the base, I use ace and I'm obliged to add ammo-box in the US base and with ammo-box the human insurgent can take lot of good weapon.

How i can use the A 10, i haven't found ?

Sorry if my English is not very good.

Bye.

That is part of the mission ;)

Do all the damage you can, it will time out, then you respawn.

Nah, that ain't right. Unless the mission maker did'nt know how to script a CAS AI properly so he has the player take control of it instead?