Sign in to follow this  
daimyo21

Zombie Sandbox Mission with Food/Water system utilizing Undead Mod

CHECK OUT MY NEWEST MOD, which requires no ADDONS and is WAAAY BETTER THAN THIS MISSION (requires OA though)

Hey everyone. Ever since I downloaded the Undead Mod I've been craving a Dawn of the Dead (remake) experience. Since no missions have been released as of yet (i saw some WIP). I decided to spend a good 10 hours creating a quick mini sandbox mission of an apocalypse isolated in 2 cities and 1 small town.

Features:

-Up to 14 survivors spread out through the map. You can start as a cop, doctor with his bodyguards, random civilians (unarmed but in safer starting locations) and not so lucky civilians in rather safer location but still pretty dangerous.

-Two sandbox mission types:

1.) Unlimited time, last as long as you can with your buddies or in singleplayer. Food and Water will take you further, i believe its 30 minutes for water, 45 minutes for food.

2.)Timed mode: Time mode means you must survive for 1 hour 30 minutes. Food and water timers have been tweaked to 20 minutes for water and 30 minutes for food. (Of course both mission types are unrealistic but it promotes less camping in places zombeis cant get and just driving around aimlessly because eventually youll need to face the music.

-Food/water/fuel are usually found in common places, trashcans, camping tents, cars, barrels, station, and inside some buildings.

-Only a doctor can heal anyone, first aid, battlefield clearance modules work. You can be infected and must find cure within 7 minutes.

-Ammo crates with modified amounts of ammo and very low probability of presence are around the cities (in buildings) and possibly in small town. Some may be found in sheds etc.

-Respawn available for timed mode and untimed mode (CAN REMOVE/MODIFY WITH DESCRIPTION.EXT) I think timed mode you will respawn in group. Untimed Mode will respawn in the middle of nowhere.

-Untimed mode has a spectator camera that you can toggle from player to player until everyone dies or time expires.

My dedicated server running the mission in Arma2:

66.8.154.159 port 2313 or 2302 (if that doesnt work it might not be up. Still try searching for a game called ZOMBIE SANDBOX MISSION ETC.) Add me on steam if you want to play. Add me by email: aznnip22@yahoo.com

Mirror:

- MISSION UPDATED AND FIXED WITH RESPAWNS

Required addons:

- The Undead Mod V.84

EDIT********* The Untimed mode has a independent slot.. if you join it you will be an infected dog.. I forgot to make that not playable when testing.. JFYI

Mission Video Gameplay (singleplayer):

Remember, this is still a pretty basic sandbox survival mission. I just made a quick fix for those who are eager to try something with friends in the meantime until the more in-depth WIP's come out. Have fun!

Edited by Daimyo21

Wow, thanks man, this is the mission I've been waiting for! Ever since I played the undead mod I've been looking for a mission with food and water! Just played it with two of my buddies, and it worked great. Can't wait to see what else you can do.

You should really expand on this, seeing as the other zombie mission sandbox is most likely dead

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wanted a sandbox mission released too but none were finished. Its not the most intricate but it works and can be fun with friends. Please pm me if you guy want to play coop. I did not get the chance yet as most people who join my dedicated dont bother to DL the mod. Add me on steam as well. aznnip22@yahoo.com

I think there is real potential here, keep up the good work. Iv never played arma2 + zombies, although I loved zombie mode on cod world at war ;-)

For those that havnt downloaded the mod yet, what can we expect? Hordes of undead chasing us across those nice familiar arma 2 levels? How far do they track you? How many at once?

Will def try this out soon

I think there is real potential here, keep up the good work. Iv never played arma2 + zombies, although I loved zombie mode on cod world at war ;-)

For those that havnt downloaded the mod yet, what can we expect? Hordes of undead chasing us across those nice familiar arma 2 levels? How far do they track you? How many at once?

Will def try this out soon

Check it

There is def a lot of potential here. Its nice clean and runs very well even as a local host. I hope the others get going soon, but this should hold me over for a bit. Thanks for the mission.

How do i install this? i have the undead mod but i don't know what to do with this.

Thanks

EDIT:nvm got it.

Edited by Irish99

Military Simulator running Zombie Apocalypse sim: $40

Slowly starving to death because the military is hording all the food, water, guns and ammo in a heavily armed base: $0.00

Stealing a bus and enticing an army of the undead out of the burning city to follow you to the base and engage in a all out war between the living and the dead as the Sex Pistols "Anarchy in the UK" blasts out of your speakers: Bloody priceless!

One of the soldiers let loose with a mounted MG and sprayed the motor pool and the whole base went up. The smoke and flames were hundreds of feet high. Glorious!

This was truly one of the greatest gaming moments I've ever had. And I've been playing computer games for 30 years now.

Thank you, Daimyo for this insanely fun mission...: ))

does this require jtd ?

I'm asking because I am getting an error...

Edited by Dissaifer

Can i get your Steam_ID would like to play this with ya ^^

EDIT: Nevermind, im getting a JTD error too,,,

Edited by Krisrules
edit

For the best experience: remove every NVG from the game, set the time to night, add flashlight equipped weapons and flares.

Hi I tried this but started in the middle of the ocean.

I had undead mod etc but so not sure.

uhh where is the map file i dont know where to exract this ?? anyone help me pls ?

Hello how can I play this in singleplayer? I choose the mission, but it says "no players selected", how can I fix this? Please help.