Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Yay!

It will be very cool... But I wonder if its really any use... Well, maybe in the SP campaign, but in MP I doubt a pistol will be usefull.

so imagine if you just respawn with your sidearm and will have to find a crate to get a rifle ... then it would be very useful!

well, i can be the one with pistol and run around like an a-hole while rest of you try to shoot me.. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ May 01 2002,03:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Let me guess: colt m1911 and makarov? YEEEHAAAA!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, by 1985 NATO was handing out single-action 9mm Browning Hi-Power pistols to officers, although there were still lots of M1911A1's in use. These days, it is Beretta 92FS pistols instead of Hi-Powers.

cool, now finally i won't have to commit suicide when i'm a heavy grenadier and encounter an enemy 5 metres away from me.

Well, since we polay as civilians we might not hae riffles to our depot some times, and then a pistol will be cool...

Not to mention playing an officer to execute a prisoner... BIS, u HAVE to make a kneel with hands on back animation as well smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 30 2002,21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it won't be in Resistance, I'm gonna make the mighty Desert Eagle.  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

could you just make one regardless of resistance? smile.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ May 01 2002,04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cool, now finally i won't have to commit suicide when i'm a heavy grenadier and encounter an enemy 5 metres away from me.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, at least you aren't going out without a fight, and you are taking an enemy down with you. smile.gif

Is this the new weapon class BIS earlier hinted ? If so I guess a Mortar will remain a fantasy.

yeah but resistance is set before 1985 isn't it? if they don't give me my 1911 i'll be pissed. i don't know if i can really get excited over pistols, maybe if they add an inventory slot just for sidearms but if 1 magazine is going to take up a slot in the inventory that i could put a 30 round AK-47 mag in i'll have to pass. my dream would be just adding a pistol slot in the gear menu and 3 inventory slots reserved for pistol mags. the reason 3 is so there can be 2 extra. why a loaded magazine takes up an inventory slot is behind me confused.gif

if it's put in stupidly as a primary gun then it's just an inaccurate low capacity gun that serves no real purpose since you can just grab an AK-47 and start spraying. but BIS has done great so far so i'm sure however they implement them will be good.

I know everyone loves the Desert Eagle, but does any army actually use this as their standard sidearm?

desert eagle.. bah.. phaser is the way to go lol.

Even if it is not the 1911, I'm sure a mod maker will make one. I'm sure we will eventually see a wide variety of handguns. I would be happy with a hi-power even though it's 9mm. It's a much better handgun than the 92FS. I would also like to see the HK Mk23.

Anyone thought of how many shots there will be needed with an handgun to kill an soldier? I hope it will be like in Delta Force 3, just one shot with an handgun,

pistols? what for?

if your any good you dont need to get close enough to the enemy to use a pistol......and if i was close enough it would be more silent to use a knife for close combat..

actually i think getting close takes more skill because you have to be stealthy and not get shot from far off. often times i can pick someone off from a long distance but prefer to sneak up on them and chuck a grenade in their face

yeah good point.

im not saying dont have pistols im just saying if your close enough to use a pistol then surely a knife would be better?

(ie: not giving your position away)

How bout a supressed pistol? I'm sure we will see those in OFP in the future. A knife can be messy. Gotta get them in the lung or the throat so the don't scream. I'm not a huge guy, even with my hand to hand and martial arts training I would opt to shoot someone before stabbing them. Pistols will be great for DM games.

Sniff no mortars, I was so sure...... sad.gif But well pistols are ok and they'll also add something new to the game, but I still wan't mortars.