Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Yay!

Just curious...

Why are people so crazy for mortars? On a dynamic battlefield like in OFP, when you finally have tuned in your aim, the enemy has moved on by 1 mile. If mortars should be useful, we would need artillery emplacements and trenches too.

HK also seem to believe that mortars have little use on the modern battlefield. That's why they invented the GMG.

right?

mortars would be nice to knock out a MG nest or something but other than that i'd rather just have them put in some AI controlled arty and easy fire support stuff (i'm not one for complex scripts)

I actually predicted that when the first interview about Resistance appeared tounge.gif

i predicted it when i saw the pistol holster screenshot

so tounge.gif you too biggrin.gif

Arn't handguns good for small confined areas?

I know that some CT units use hand guns when raiding airplanes, or handguns can be used to fire at an enemy outside while you are a passenger inside a car.  

Or for when you are climbing a ladder and can't use a rifle.

Handguns have tons of uses.  Especially good for small spaces.

they're also good for having in your nightstand so your kid can find it and blow his own head off.

The old "are pistols any use in OFP" debate again huh?

Well, I guess when Resistance comes out, we will find out...

Personally I belive pistols have a very valid place in OFP. Lets face it, real world militaries use them, and OFP is all about realism. Snipers, officers and vehicle crews in many armies carry pistols.

And in OFP a pistol would be a great weapon of desperation, good for building clearing (yes, this does happen in some OFP missions) and at the very least, nice window dressing. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they're also good for having in your nightstand so your kid can find it and blow his own head off.

<span id='postcolor'>

Or you could teach your kids firearms safety at a young age instead of letting them be ignorant morons. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ May 01 2002,02:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know everyone loves the Desert Eagle, but does any army actually use this as their standard sidearm?<span id='postcolor'>

I think Israel use them but you would have to ask avon lady about that biggrin.gif