Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

CO10 Shapur Push [BAF DLC]

Hi all!

I'm releasing a coop mission for Operation Arrowhead with the shiny new BAF units :)

shapurpush1b.jpg

Description:

The industrial city of Shapur needs to be cleared of all enemies. The local militia have established a stronghold in the city and have recently been launching several deadly attacks on coalition forces. This has to come to an end.

Your secondary objective is to take out two weapon caches in the city area. HQ only have a rough idea of their location so you need to search high and low.

Air support is on stand by should you run into heavy resistance.

Changelog:

v.0.95

- added enemy mortars and forward observer for a nice challenge (thx to Whollysteve, Nou and Blakeace)

- removed one of the Warriors

- adjusted spawn positions for the east cache as it seemed to spawn in the same place a lot

- moved starting point/respawn slightly closer to the AO

- still to be fixed: mission parameters (time, weather, AI skill etc) only work on hosted MP or in SP

v.0.90

- slightly decreased the number of enemies and placed more of them indoors

- decreased the size of the area that needs to be cleared by 50 m

- added more civilians both outside and indoors

- added Takistani army repair trucks on two locations in the city

- added more empty civilian vehicles for quick transport

- added one more BAF launcher crate at spawn

- airsupport marker now turns red after support has been called

- added mission parameters; time of day, weather conditions and AI skill

- removed BIS conversations

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\SPMissions folder for singleplayer.

Notes:

Playable in SP as well.

Credits & thanks:

Armaholic - you know why :D

BIS for almost a decade of fun!

wolffy.au for his cB Random House Position and Patrol script

F2 for neat scripts

Whollysteve for the Combined AI Arty script (also thanks to Nou and Blakeace)

Download link (v.0.95):

CO10 Shapur Push

Have fun! :p

/ ]NTRUDER

Edited by ]NTRUDER
linkz

Good job.

I believe BAF has been available for about 4 hours on steam (more on sprocket)

:)

Good job.

I believe BAF has been available for about 4 hours on steam (more on sprocket)

:)

Nope still no go for us steam users but once I get BAF ill check this out.

)rStrangelove;1731923']Nice! Somebody has this on a server somewhere yet? :)

Tis up on our |19th| server :)

Not had chance to play it myself yet!

Damn already? Nice ;).

Well, you know what they say - if you can't be the best you can at least be the fastest :D

nice mission,especially to get used to the BAFstuff

the loadout with 3 Warriors is a bit insane considering its effect with the HEgun :eek:

liked the "hidden" enemys and due to ZeusAI i´m running enemy behaviour is kinda nice

Still,one thing i noticed:

cant use weapon crates except the brit.Launchers,anyone else noticed that?

Played it yesterday and was pleased with it. Seems to work fine on a dedi.

Found the crate issue also.

Can you play as Takiban in SP mode? I tried it in MP as takiban and loving it (IED).

Thanks guys, glad you like it! I have some stuff that I want to change so I'm releasing an updated version shortly.

@TheScar

I was thinking that 1 or 2 Warriors would be too few since some hotshot would probably run right into an rpg ambush after two minutes of playing. Could ruin the fun for the more tactically minded players.

Or, you could just go about it with one Jackal advancing carefully and taking out threats from far, assaulting compounds and buildings on foot. Me and 4 guys applied those tactics on Zeus' server yesterday. Best ArmA 2 round in a long time for me :)

I have also noticed the issue with the crates at the start. They are surprisingly tricky to access but all of them work, you just have to try to hit the 'center' of the crate to get the gear action. I confirmed both on local host and on dedi that they work but for next version I will try to move them around a bit, hoping that will make them less difficult to work with. Thx for feedback!

/ ]NTRUDER

Thx for feedback Pog!

Both caches are there for sure, I have tested on two dedicated servers this week. The caches each spawn randomly on 4 different locations within the compounds where the markers are. To give you a hint they are not placed indoors...:)

Good luck in finding them if you give the mission another go!

/ ]NTRUDER

Mission updated =)

Changelog:

v.0.90

- slightly decreased the number of enemies and placed more of them indoors

- decreased the size of the area that needs to be cleared by 50 m

- added more civilians both outside and indoors

- added Takistani army repair trucks on two locations in the city

- added more empty civilian vehicles for quick transport

- added one more BAF launcher crate at spawn

- airsupport marker now turns red after support has been called

- added mission parameters; time of day, weather conditions and AI skill

- removed BIS conversations

Download link in post #1.

/ ]NTRUDER

What's up with the parameters option? All i get is ON or OFF, and when i turn it on i get a bunch of lines on my chat area about debugging.

What's up with the parameters option? All i get is ON or OFF, and when i turn it on i get a bunch of lines on my chat area about debugging.

Please see screenshot below of how it's supposed to look (and indeed how it looks when running this mission).

shapurparameters.jpg

'On/Off' is for the Debug Mode. Leave it 'Off' if you don't want the chat messages displayed.

Thx for playing :p

/ ]NTRUDER

NTRUDER;1736303']Please see screenshot below of how it's supposed to look (and indeed how it looks when running this mission).

shapurparameters.jpg

'On/Off' is for the Debug Mode. Leave it 'Off' if you don't want the chat messages displayed.

Thx for playing :p

/ ]NTRUDER

Yeah, that's not what I see on my screen though. All I see is the world "off" in the parameters menu. Either way, great mission. :D

Seconded for the parameters issue.

Also, spawn point is ridiculous far away for "quick action" especially with limited vehicles.

Other than that, great map!

Yeah, that's not what I see on my screen though. All I see is the world "off" in the parameters menu. Either way, great mission. :D

I see! It might be a hosted vs dedicated issue then. I will have a look, some day :)

Thanks Trooper =)

@greenpsycho

Who said anything about quick action? ;)

And you actually have loads of vechicles (cars, motorcycles, offroads) by the first house you encounter on the south edge of town. So run a few hundred meters and cruise from there. OR better yet - take care of your vehicles and they will take care of you :D

Cya out there guys, thx

Hey!

One more push...:)

v.0.95

- added enemy mortars and forward observer for a nice challenge (thx to Whollysteve, Nou and Blakeace)

- removed one of the Warriors

- adjusted spawn positions for the east cache as it seemed to spawn in the same place a lot

- moved starting point/respawn slightly closer to the AO

- still to be fixed: mission parameters (time, weather, AI skill etc) only work on hosted MP or in SP

Download link in post #1

/ ]NTRUDER

NTRUDER;1739076']

@greenpsycho

Who said anything about quick action? ;)

And you actually have loads of vechicles (cars' date=' motorcycles, offroads) by the first house you encounter on the south edge of town. So run a few hundred meters and cruise from there. OR better yet - take care of your vehicles and they will take care of you :D

Cya out there guys, thx[/quote']

I get what your saying but a) I like fun and b) logically, that doesn't work. Vehicles are 1 way. I die doing something awesome/stupid, then respawn, jump into a vehicle with whoever else died recently, drive into town, get out, clear an area, die. Rinse repeat.

After a bit all the vehicles are just chilling in town with no use and its a 3 hour trek from the spawn point.

I'll check out the new one and move the spawn point to my liking :D

Honestly, thanks for the BAF map though man, not a ton out there right now, and this one is pretty solid.