Sign in to follow this  
gibson23

BAF bug report

Myself and one other Linux admin have an inability to run BAF content on our dedicated servers. Have tried no BAF (thinking the classes in baseline 1.54 should be sufficient), BAF run as an addon in @baf\addons and also baf pbo's in the main addons folder, nothing works.

The other admin's original thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106305

i believe there was a debate about the warrior and the cannon. it was also in my last soldier mag but have since lost it (i came home drunk and urinated all over it, dont ask) any way that is a futre warrior, it doesnt exsist yet, and the cannon is a 40mm, the 1 the design team wanted wa sa 30mm but the mod apparantly wanted the 40mm provided by another company, forget names now, im sure th einfo is on web some where, possible the solider mag online, plus ppl have posted in various discussions here.

when u have to clear the mines with the engineer, i used team switch a si thought it woul db quicker, then the squad leader ordered some troops out an warrior ran down 1 of my guys, not impressed as ur casualtys don get replaced lol

also cant operate doors while flying on merlin :(

I cannot select the L109A2 grenade by cycling through weapons. I also cannot select the IR strobe in OA similarly. Have tried with no addons to see if there's a conflict and still can't select.

-EDIT-

Looks like a conflict with VopSounds 2.1 - didn't realise it was loaded.

Edited by Felonmarmer
Update

The shadows of the Jackal don't show the top gunner.

Weird how the game plays differently for different people. When I got to that part, the Warriors slowly and painstakingly drove around my Jackals before moving on. :D

I have a theory that it depends on your PC's processing power.... low powered CPUs can't calculate the necessary information and probably default to using half the calculation for path finding etc etc...

Is this just stupid or might this theory have some merit?

Edited by 76

I have a theory that it depends on your PC's processing power.... low powered CPUs can't calculate the necessary information and probably default to using half the calculation for path finding etc etc...

Many reports of AI weirdness have been attributed to high CPU load, so it definitely has some merit. It certainly makes sense.

Plausible. Whenever the server is getting a bit stuttery the supply trucks in warfare drive like the mailman from Funny Farm, taking out all in their path.

If you do a non-touched down base unload from the Merlin HC3, all your troops will be injured.

The only real issues I have found are pretty small.

Sounds on the British .50 are the same as a 7.62, which sounds like a config issue more than a serious bug. There are some bugs with sound with the new Warrior - and the MG seems to muzzle flash each time the main gun fires :P

The only other thing is the power of the Warrior 2 main weapon - that seems a little high although I might just not know what I am talking about :P

could some one go into the editor and check they are getting the same problem as me?

if u put a static defence such as the USMC artillery and put it up aganst a tank it will not fight back.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

also theres a bug where the USMC APC (wheeled one) will engage a BMP but wont engage tanks such as the T72 and T90

I cannot select the L109A2 grenade by cycling through weapons. I also cannot select the IR strobe in OA similarly. Have tried with no addons to see if there's a conflict and still can't select.

-EDIT-

Looks like a conflict with VopSounds 2.1 - didn't realise it was loaded.

I was going to write the same because the same problem with the grenades occured to me as well yesterday. Not sure about IR Strobes, they worked before when OA has just came out.

Thanks for the heads up about the VOP Sound conflict, I have VOP Sounds 2.3 (sounds better and is more OA compatible, you should download it).

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the campaign won't work for me. When I click to play the BAF campaign, it brings me to the OA mission list and launches the OA missions. Happens whether I launch the game via BAF or OA thru Steam.

My findings:

1. Too many "grenade throwing" shouts when AI throw nades. Kinda messy

2. Apache WAH missing firing sound when launching missiles from external view.

L85A2 SUSAT GL Sights in "Close Combat Scope mode" are looking at the back of a blacked out scope. I'm kinda guessing I should be looking over the top of the scope.

some armored units such as the USMC APC not engageing other armored units most of the time.

Static Defenences on all sides will not engage most of the time.

Have you tried the newest Beta to fix these?

Have you tried the newest Beta to fix these?

USMC apc is fixed, but the issues still remain with the bmp2