Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

Trigger activation: player

Like the topic title said, I would like to have the option to activate a trigger by the player and not the whole opfor/bluefor side.

Especially with creating trigger endings and switches you need to be careful now that the triggers are not activated by the AI if you ment it to be activated by a player. Also for music/sound triggers it would be helpful to not have the trigger set off by the AI.

No doubt there are commands that can be used to let it set off only by the player, just saying that it would be very handy if you can select the player in the trigger menu. :)

If you're using a "present" trigger, replace this with player in thislist

For SP and non-switchable unit missions you can also just Group the Player icon to the trigger.

Already implemented, I think since the OFP days.

Group (F2) a trigger with a certain unit and its activated by just that particular unit (or the group leader, or the whole group).

Ahh okay, great to hear about that! Till now it was always a struggle to place and use triggers for me and not having it set off by the AI. Was not aware it was already possible in an easy way, hence my suggestion.

Thanks guys :thumb:

I have an altis life server and Im trying to setup a wilderness and every-time you go into the wilderness I have a hint say "Warning: you have enter the Wilderness, RDM is not accounted for!"

I have got this working for people who walk in but how do I setup for vehicles?

Edited by Jordyrage

The altis life saver was never popular.

Myself, I always preferred the tangy Life Savers.

The altis life saver was never popular.

Myself, I always preferred the tangy Life Savers.

^ agreed

I need some help here! The trigger i am making is a mid-mission trigger and i dont think i can group it since its created by script so i cant make it a player only. You basically spawn at a crash site with a dude who is injured, you get a task to go to a house on a hill to scavenge supplies on call help and then the next task it to return to the crash site. Since you have to pass through the same spot twice i made it that after you succeed the scavenging supplies task, a trigger will spawn and right after that you will get the task to return back. If I make it act blufor then it will get activated because there is a blufor unit at the crash site if i make it something else i wont be able to activate it. So what goes for act?

_trg = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getMarkerPos "site"];

_trg setTriggerArea [25, 25, 0, false];

_trg setTriggerActivation ["WHAT DO I PUT HERE FOR PLAYER?", "PRESENT", true];

I need some help here! The trigger i am making is a mid-mission trigger and i dont think i can group it since its created by script so i cant make it a player only. You basically spawn at a crash site with a dude who is injured, you get a task to go to a house on a hill to scavenge supplies on call help and then the next task it to return to the crash site. Since you have to pass through the same spot twice i made it that after you succeed the scavenging supplies task, a trigger will spawn and right after that you will get the task to return back. If I make it act blufor then it will get activated because there is a blufor unit at the crash site if i make it something else i wont be able to activate it. So what goes for act?

_trg setTriggerActivation ["WHAT DO I PUT HERE FOR PLAYER?", "PRESENT", true];

You might try something like this (not tested):

_trg synchronizeObjectsAdd [TeamLeader1];
_trg setTriggerActivation ["MEMBER", "PRESENT", true];
_trg setTriggerStatements ["this && (TeamLeader1 in thisList) && isServer", "hint 'trigger activated'", "hint 'deactivated'"];

Edited by OpusFmSPol