Sign in to follow this  
UrbanXFX

DLC - Canadian Forces

As much as I love what you do BIS, it really is time to stop faffing around with the lukewarm DLC aimed at expanding the market, that does nothing to expand on the game in a substancial way. Arrowhead brought some significant improvements, but it really is high time that we had intergrated texture/render for 3d scopes, more variables added to all forms of ballistics, to allow for better missile and bullet simulation, (perhaps even some gesture towards a comprehensive physics system, but not so important) scalable explosives and explosions - some truly 'new' things you know? Rather than just insipid unit models that add nothing to the game beyond 10 minutes of eye candy.

Perhaps you should write your complaints in a thread where people would actually care to read them? This thread is about a DLC for the Canadian Forces. We don't give a shit about your problems with the DLC. If we did, we would not be requesting the DLC in the first place.

I think instead of churning out DLCs, BIS should provide logistical support (and maybe some special benefits - not necessarily financial) to some of the members of the community who already contribute high-quality mods, apps, missions and campaigns to the Arma community. That way, the potential for user-created DLCs is virtually unlimited. I don't think BIS will ever create a Canadian Forces DLC, or a Dutch Armed Forces DLC, or a New Zealand SAS DLC or a South African Army DLC (speaking of which, why no South Africans in PMC? Glaring omission.). All are worthy, but the market for that is way too small. If the past is any indication, someone who is passionate, knowledgeable and given the right tools and direction could do a damn good job creating them.

Edited by MissionCreep

Doesn't matter if they won't. This is a suggestion forum. Regarding your feelings on DLC, there is a DLC in general thread ^_^.

ONS has been in the works for a long time now with no end in sight. I think their development has been a little laboured. In this case, there doesn't seem to be any clear alternative to a CF DLC request. Creating even a segment of an entire army is a tall order for anyone. I don't think that suggestions that there may be some community made content along the same lines some time in the nebulous future, in one possible reality, is really an answer to such a request. Pointing out something that already exists, though, might be.

Edited by Max Power

Sounds Great and has my vote MaxP.

Fire up some Canadian DLC.

I LOVE both DLC's that have come out thus far.

Missions are great, units are great, weapons fantastic, and engine improvements\tweaks and bug fixes are great as well.

Keep it up.

How about some German DLC units and equipment as well.(seeing as the Canadians deploy Leopards) And the excellent German BW-mod is dead.

Maybe improve the UAV in multiplayer along with a new DLC or something along those lines.

I would pay for that.

Yes I would pay for improving my game even further then it is.

I don't like the other games out there so why not give my money for even more stuff from the developer I do like. It already does things no other game allows.

IMHO.

Keep up the great work BIS.

Personally I don't believe we need a DLC for the aussies as Australians at War has done a fantastic job with there addon's and I don't believe they could be matched with a DLC pack.

I would like to see an CF DLC and play with some big bad sexy LAV 3 or Diemaco rifles.

Doesn't matter if they won't. This is a suggestion forum. Regarding your feelings on DLC, there is a DLC in general thread ^_^.

ONS has been in the works for a long time now with no end in sight. I think their development has been a little laboured.

My point is that BI could provide some technical guidance, know-how and tools to those elite game makers, perhaps in the model of the Apple App Store, to make the process less laborious. And technically speaking, add-ons and mods are DLC (Downloadable Content), it is just that they are unsupported and from the community at large.

Personally I don't believe we need a DLC for the aussies as Australians at War has done a fantastic job with there addon's and I don't believe they could be matched with a DLC pack.

I concur ... AAW is amazing. The Aussie Bushmaster addon has some realism features that blow the socks off just about any comparable vehicle that has come out of BI. You open and close the rear door on command, and you can only enter and leave by lining up and walking through the open door of the vehicle. Having to open and close a door in the heat of battle, exposing those inside, and having to run out from the interior changes some dynamics of armored troop transport, as opposed to materializing on the outside of the vehicle, a la StarTrek.

The Integrated Weapons System has a realistic look-and-feel. You really feel like you are sitting inside the thing, visibly cramped and surrounded by gear and equipment.

You can change your headgear in AAW as needed too ... helmet, boonie, basebball cap anytime you want. And so on ... And note: These features don't require high-powered bleeding-edge machines - I run on Dell GX620 with a 2.4 GHz Core Duo CPU, 4 Gb RAM, ATI Radeon 5570 1Gb.

Edited by MissionCreep

to make the process less laborious.

Making content is a laborious process. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

BI have no magical "make content" button that they push, they have to toil away at it just like we do.

Perhaps you should write your complaints in a thread where people would actually care to read them? This thread is about a DLC for the Canadian Forces. We don't give a shit about your problems with the DLC. If we did, we would not be requesting the DLC in the first place.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice. My comment was in response to the Canadian DLC, I was saying it is the last thing we need, that resources would be much better directed elsewhere. Grow up and learn to speak respectfully on these forums or please hold your peace.

Making content is a laborious process. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

BI have no magical "make content" button that they push, they have to toil away at it just like we do.

This. ^ ;)

Perhaps you should follow your own advice. My comment was in response to the Canadian DLC, I was saying it is the last thing we need, that resources would be much better directed elsewhere. Grow up and learn to speak respectfully on these forums or please hold your peace.

What you're proposing here is that artists and mission designers are the same people who are doing bug-fixes... This is not correct. I'm not even sure that the DLC was done at the same studio as the core game. But like I said, if you don't like DLC and think that the game needs more attention at its core than daily betas, maybe you should go and complain in an appropriate thread.

Edited by Max Power

Anyway im addicted. I will buy all future dlc and stuff from BI, but if BIS can make me a Special canadian package that would be great.

It is unfortunate that the British press does not include any articles on the Canadian contribution particularly given our commitment to the Commonwealth and support for the UK in the past.

Its a shame. I just think they are still pissed about what we did to their women during WW2. Crying shame, lol.

CANADA, home of the world's largest aircraft carrier. Newfoundland, lol. Now there is a vehicle i'd like to try in arma.

Its a shame. I just think they are still pissed about what we did to their women during WW2. Crying shame, lol.

CANADA, home of the world's largest aircraft carrier. Newfoundland, lol. Now there is a vehicle i'd like to try in arma.

Admiral!

There's a small problem with the Newfoundland!

What is that?

WE CANNOT MOVE IT!

Lol - Defended by fishing boats and runs on skreech (Newfoundland home brew for those not familier). Good people if I could only understand a word they say.;)

What is the newfoundland ?

When I google it all I find is this :

newfoundland_h03.jpg

oh and this :

newfoundland_swmwear_10.jpg

So is it a black haired somehow sexy thing ?

Also, no offense to my canadian friends but I really hope BIS will not make a canadian DLC.

First because there's already a mod about it

Second because I'd like to see something more "different"

If we start like this then you'll have people from all over the world requesting DLC about their own country.

Let this to modders and let BIS provide us things impossible to make by the community (basicly most of the VBS features that could greatly improve the gameplay)

Edited by Macadam Cow

Newfoundland is a large island off of the east coast of Canada, and is the more populous part of the province Newfoundland and Labrador. It is the place of origin of the dog you've depicted, the Newfoundland breed, and likely the place of origin for the babes. It is also the place of origin for the popular Labrador Retriever dog breed.