Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

Generic Special Forces

Hello.

Once again I have started working on a new project. Currently I am working on the DCU 3 colour desert units. based once again on Johannes SF guys. But this time I have added the EAGLE H harness to the units. I might add more carriers/vests. The pack will contain 3-7 different camo versions of the units. Each camo has about 4-7 units. Screens to come very soon. (Fraps did not co-operate and I am in a hurry right now) What camos do you wanna see? 3colour desert will be included. The most wanted camos will be included :)

ALPHA RELEASE

Multiupload: http://www.multiupload.com/8F53L6YZYM

Why do I release this?

- I messed up this addon. I created too much work for me to handle. I have hyped everyone with this addon and promised alot of things. But I just can't work on these anymore.

I am sorry.

Don't expect any HQ stuff.

Credits.

DaSquade, for the only HQ stuff on the units. Helmet light& IR strobe

Johannes for awsome models.

Edited by Nixo

Mutlicam, ACU, DCU, Woodlant for sure, considering that is what most US SOF has been spotted wearing in the field.

It would be interesting to see them wearing A-Tacs camo (although I'm sure it would be a texturing nightmare lol).

AOR1 and AOR2 maybe? This was originally supposed to be the new SOCOM camo . . . but so far only the Naval Special Warfare group has adopted it (and just recently the rest of the Navy). It would be cool to have so we could use this camo for SEALs considering this is just a generic SF rather than Army SF (It should really be called Generic SOF for Special Operations Forces, because in the US Military, Special Forces designate a particular unit in the army, whereas SOF is an umbrella term for all of the services elite units [sorry for being so nit picky, its just a pet peeve of mine since I served in an Army SF Support Unit]).

CADPAT would be cool, that way we could include some Canadian JTF-2 in our mission :)

Oh, and some plain OD and Khaki uniforms would be awesome too :) Even better would be OD uniform with Khaki Vest/Helmet and Khaki uniform with OD gear!

And finally, some mix-matching maybe? Some SAS/Delta guys have been spotted wearing all kinds of crazy matches, like ACU jackets with Multicam pants lol.

Edited by TheRev709

Honestly, I would love to see all kinds of camo mixed into this addon. As a mission maker, its hard to resist the urge to include all kinds of community addons, as I love what the community has produced. Sadly, I can't use all of them, and there are times when I have to make cuts just to keep the addon requirement down, as there are a lot of people who wont try out a campaign or mission just because it requires 5 plus addons. If you included six or seven different camos, that could easily work for five or six different types of SF.

Thus, rather than have a requirement for a SEAL addon, Ranger addon, SAS addon, I could just have one addon, this one :)

I have a great Atacs picture of just the camo. So It is not that hard to make a skin of it :)

USRanger709. I know what you mean :) I hope this addon delivers qualtiywise. But it will take a while before release since I am currently helping other mods...

Hey nice project..

I would love to see some more un-used camo like a tigerstripe desert and woodland... Some urban camo would also be nice.

And it would be nice also with some more snow-camo, not all missions need to be in the desert... :)

if pic's needed just say so... ;)

Edited by Lone.Wolf

Snow camo and tiger stripe is planned to be added :)

Should I add flag patches? Or leave them for clans?

Since they're supposed to be generic, i'd not give them any flag patch.

Leave all forms for identification marks, such as patches and flags... Then the mission makers can choose to themselves what they need...

What different kind of headgear will you be using for them..?

Leave all forms for identification marks, such as patches and flags... Then the mission makers can choose to themselves what they need...

What different kind of headgear will you be using for them..?

MICH 2000 & 2001 helmet to begin with. Caps and stuuufff if I feel like it. What would you want? I will add IR strobes and other stuff to the helmets too.

I would like to see a shemag or a hooded unit, and else just a mix, so you have a nice variation to choose from...

But again i think it should relate to the camouflage, so the snow camo units dont have rolled up sleeves and a boonie hat...

Some WIP images of the DCU guys. They are about 75% complete. I don't find them very good looking. Suggestions? I know the dcu does not look accurate. But that will have to do for now.

arma2oa2010081212375905.th.jpg

arma2oa2010081212381022.th.jpg

arma2oa2010081212381727.th.jpg

arma2oa2010081212383211.th.jpg

Dont look bad, for me they maybe need a little more variation in design/outfit, but else okay...

looking great!

The brown on the DCU is a little too orange though, and you need more light green:

DSCF3695.jpg

I'd suggest trying to tone down the normals abit, they are fairly strong at the moment.

After the suggestions mentioned above, their not looking bad at all man.great to see more and more variety in unit addons.

Started working on the MC here is two units. Did also change the DCU. And will change the equipment a bit. Is there any vest/carrier you would like to see? Other than the Eagle H? And the PACA Low vis?

oa1e.th.jpg

oa3x.th.jpg

oa4.th.jpg

The units are a tad darker than the Crye multicam units. I have made some crye pants. Along with that kneepad which is attached to the pants. Then I used another pattern. The size should be somewhat correct. In the pictures it might look a bit too dark or a bit too green. But when I looked at them ingame they looked great and did blend in almost everywhere.

Started working on the MC here is two units. Did also change the DCU. And will change the equipment a bit. Is there any vest/carrier you would like to see? Other than the Eagle H? And the PACA Low vis?

oa1e.th.jpg

oa3x.th.jpg

oa4.th.jpg

The units are a tad darker than the Crye multicam units. I have made some crye pants. Along with that kneepad which is attached to the pants. Then I used another pattern. The size should be somewhat correct. In the pictures it might look a bit too dark or a bit too green. But when I looked at them ingame they looked great and did blend in almost everywhere.

maybe some units with desert marpat?

@ The Spaceman: Modern desert camo will be added. Like Marpat or AOR

perhaps an variation in the weapons they us, i.e. not standard American kit.

perhaps an variation in the weapons they us, i.e. not standard American kit.

That's what scripting and ammo crates are for. :)

how about bulldog mirage camo. a variation of this is what the marines in avatar wore. It isnt in use to my knowledge, but it is cool. also, spec4ce woodland camo.