Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

Generic Special Forces

The MW2 guys look great, give em tan helmets and Rh's Masada's and you have MW2 in A2 :D

The MW2 guys look great, give em tan helmets and Rh's Masada's and you have MW2 in A2 :D

well you'd have the MW2 look . . .

Ideas you could use:

Shadow Company from MW2 (Gen. Shepherd's men): http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5737/000ii.jpg

This guy: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100115231211/callofduty/images/0/00/Rookat4.png

These guys: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1415/u001.jpg

Will these ever be released? (I'm not trying to rush you or anything) Either way, this looks pretty awesome.

Edited by RoninJr

Yes they will, I have 3 projects going on. All will be released before the end of this year, since I won't be able to work on any addons for a year after that.

NOTE that I will do my best to complete these units, but I have alot of school related work that needs to be done so if I do not get them 100% finished, I will release a fully working beta, no error messages, only some features are not included. Like some camo versions of the units etc etc...

stay tuned

Cool, thanks. Just do whatever you can - the ones I'm most concerned about are the Shadow Company guys because it seems a lot of people are looking for them.

Cool idea and nice looking models;

I second the request about the shadow company.

and before anyone jumps on the "MW2 is copyrighted" wagon, I think that taking inspiration from guys that took their inspiration out of real life special forces (unless being too specific, like calling one of them Soap McTavish)isn't copyright infringement;unless they have a copyright on the SAS name, which I strongly doubt.

Edited by jadehorus

Cool, thanks. Just do whatever you can - the ones I'm most concerned about are the Shadow Company guys because it seems a lot of people are looking for them.

I'll see what I can do. No promises.

And about the MW2 copyright thingy:

-No model or texture is ripped from the game, they are based on real life gear with a bit of inspiration from MW2

-Units are not found under TF141

-This my "Ghost" is not Ghost, he looks like him.

-Shadow Company guys will not be "shadow company" They will be soldiers with similar gear.

So this addon has nothing to do with MW2, it just happens to contain some units similar to the ones found in MW2.

If there is any copyright problem with this addon please PM me.

I do not want it to be like the Saving private ryan mod thing for bf2, where mr. Spielbergs company sued the mod team for making a map based on the film.

Edited by Nixo

I'm not trying to sound too demanding but if you have a look at the SC's body armor, they have the black detailing. If it doesn't infringe any copyright could you add that onto the SC units too?

Either way, as I said, once this is out I'll be using nothing but these guys.

EDIT: I just saw your MCU Infantry topic - if it's not too much trouble (I know I'm asking for way too much), could you reskin the Masada to look like the MW2 ACR?

Edited by RoninJr

Well, look at these:

812438948r4bpzo.jpg

mwfghost.jpg

web100528n7364r011.jpg

Don't they look familiar?And I'm pretty sure these pictures were taken before MW2 was out.

Edited by jadehorus

yeah they are take before MW2 the skull mask are used by a unit of ONU in liban ;)

Really nice stuff!

Most SF-units get their gear and helmets in coyotebrown lately using it in all theatres, would love to see that. CB works in woodland but OD doesnt fit the desert that well. (and offcourse most operations take place in the middle-east/central asia)

The Paraclete RAV and Eagle CIRAS are common.

And would like some jeans ;)

Cant wait for some "unconventional" units, not always wearing camo as a top layer.

Keep up the great work!

web100528n7364r011.jpg

I remember seeing Force Recon wearing similar gear in the first MW, except the vests wete coyote brown.

I'm pretty much sure that they used same models / based new ones on them heavily...

Typical...

@Nixo: How's the work?

MCU Infantry units addon is dead, since my HDD died along with all the files.

Progress is slow, but will do my best to get the addon done in time.

Take your time - and don't bother with the ACR reskins, I found a mod that already has that.

one request is a CQB camo type to fight in urban areas. like only grey or black uniforms for some soldiers! ;)

Very slowly. School is taking alot of time.

Yes I know. But he is using the arma2:OA models. Or they look very similar. I do not really like the US SF that came with the game. So I have remodeled a new rig, and the body. The mask is still a problem tough.

And no progress so far, tests are dropping down on me and very complicated homework has to be done. All my addons are on halt atm.

Yes I know. But he is using the arma2:OA models. Or they look very similar. I do not really like the US SF that came with the game. So I have remodeled a new rig, and the body. The mask is still a problem tough.

you know that he also making them from the scratch?

Remodel?

Damn, no wonder it's taking so long. No rush then.

you know that he also making them from the scratch?

Yes I know that too. But it's still pretty much the same gear. ATM, his Ghost wears the OA Delta vest. And no offense to him or anyone but I do not like that vest.

Let's not make a fuzz out of this, he is doing his and I am doing my stuff.

Remodel?

Damn, no wonder it's taking so long. No rush then.

Well, not really remodeling. Reshaping the model. removing the original vest and stuff. Might have to send a new permission request before release.

I think I have been a bit of a fool. I have created a bit too much work for me. Making countles models without finishing them up with every detail. Like wounds and stuff. The future for this addon is a bit uncertain. I will soon release the CDF Conscripts along with some other stuff. Lifting some weight of my shoulders. I have made a scedule for this addon. When and how I will work on it. There is a slight chance that you will get a beta version of this before the 20th of november.

Edited by Nixo