Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

[SP/COOP) Call to glory

wrt the difficulty, I thought it was just right. Each town was doable since you always had good covered avenues to move through and good overwatch positions to put the SOV in. Then again I do play with quite low enemy precision values so that'll have affected my opinion.

wrt UAV & arty support, unless you're willing to go down a more complicated scripting route i'd keep UAV as it is. I mainly used it to check if a town was hostile or civillian so I knew whether to bother dismounting for a recon. If you want to know where the enemy are in a town do a recce, guys.

I think it might be worth looking into the artillery module and customising the fire missions available to the player. Right now with a FFE mission you basically get to clear two towns for free. With a little bit of scripting you could instead give 3-5 immediate suppression mortar missions plus other less limited options like WP & smoke. That way you could clear a town for free but you'd use up all your fire missions.

If you get stuck scripting post here or pm me if you like.

Yay an other update!

I have learned some new scripting stuff and found some other nice scripts that I used for this mission and added a lot of other stuff such as a lot of custom sounds as well. See opening post for the full update notes with added features.

Feedback is always appriciated :)

I like this mission, its good sniper play with a .50. B00tsy, I think you should make a campaign with certain senarios?

I like this mission, its good sniper play with a .50. B00tsy, I think you should make a campaign with certain senarios?

Glad you like it man, I usually rearm my men too with some extra sniper rifles. :)

For now I keep it at this mission that I hope to improve some more over time and maybe some new coop missions. A whole campaign sounds like a lot of work hehe.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Very good work, B00tsy :)
I do my best, still a lot of things I need to learn :)

Just tried out the newest version of your mission on our dedicated server,

we got the problem that the first town doesnt turn into green now.

Result is, we didnt get a new target on map.

Any idea what went wrong?

The only error message i've found in the server log was

Cannot find a sound file mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\/sound/arabtown1.ogg

Cannot find a sound file mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\/sound/arabtown2.ogg

Cannot load sound 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\sound\arabtown1-2.ogg'

Cannot load sound 'mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\sound\arabtown1-2.ogg'

which shouldnt be the reason.

Edited by [LB] boggler

I will have a look tomorrow, no idea why it gives problems as a mp mission. I played single player mode and that works fine, I also did not had problems during the testing of mp mode myself.

Edit: I have confirmed that there were some issues with coop. Parajump only works for teamleader and the objective markers only worked when the complete team activated the triggers. Fixed he last, but still trying to get the parajump to work properly for all players.

Will post a coop update soon and add the mission map so that it can be played with custom sounds in coop.

Edited by B00tsy

I've fixed the coop version and tweaked it a bit more. I have also added the mission map so that it should be playable in mp mode with the custom sounds. You can also easy edit the mission yourself now.

Great updates havent been here for a bit to notice the changes.

Would you consider a BAF DLC units version? Or would you leave that to DLC owners to edit thier own?

so this works know? on a dedicated server?

Yeah should work fine now. I've played it myself in mp mode and had no problems. For the custom sounds to work you may need the mission map with scripts and sounds. Not sure about that, hence why i've included them.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Great updates havent been here for a bit to notice the changes.

Would you consider a BAF DLC units version? Or would you leave that to DLC owners to edit thier own?

Thanks, slowly starting to get used to all the scripting :)

I havent downloaded BAF yet, having still to much fun with the US and takistan troops to be honest. I will buy BAF soon anyway as it is cheap and add those units to this mission.

I havent downloaded BAF yet, having still to much fun with the US and takistan troops to be honest. I will buy BAF soon anyway as it is cheap and add those units to this mission.
Im sure you know this but you can still create the mission but you will just see low quality versions (since the latest patch) while you test, although all config and mission data would work for anyone with full BAF.

Im sure that wouldnt be much fun though, but for a quick swap on models/vehicles using patch 1.54 reference in the editor under BAF it would work.

Edited by mrcash2009

Yeah should work fine now. I've played it myself in mp mode and had no problems. For the custom sounds to work you may need the mission map with scripts and sounds. Not sure about that, hence why i've included them.

Did you also mind "join in progress" failures?

Im sure you know this but you can still create the mission but you will just see low quality versions (since the latest patch) while you test, although all config and mission data would work for anyone with full BAF.

Im sure that wouldnt be much fun though, but for a quick swap on models/vehicles using patch 1.54 reference in the editor under BAF it would work.

Yeah i've seen the new BAF stuff in the editor, haven't tried them out yet lol. Will have a look at it. Wont take much time to create a BAF version of this mission. :)

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

boggler;1741124']

Did you also mind "join in progress" failures?

I played it today on a dedicated server (my server) and I had no errors or problems. I even had the custom sounds. Just played for a little while, but if the begin of the mission works properly then everything in the mission should run the same.

Yeah i've seen the new BAF stuff in the editor, haven't tried them out yet lol.

It would look like your playing your mission with hexagon balloon vehicles and you will need glasses .. but it would work :)

B00tsy, I'm getting an error message: no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.51

Any ideas on what it means?

Whoah, 19MB .pbo file. Does it have a soundtrack included or something

Yeah it contains a lot of custom .ogg sounds. I could have compressed them more, but I like a high sound quality :)

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

B00tsy, I'm getting an error message: no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.51

Any ideas on what it means?

No idea, but it does not look mission related. Will have a look at it though.

Yeah it contains a lot of custom .ogg sounds. I could have compressed them more, but I like a high sound quality :)

Thats crazy, nobody would play that on a dedi server, go make tea while waiting to join the game. Anyway most of our crew play with music on zero so it adds nothing. Any chance of a music-less release?

Thats crazy, nobody would play that on a dedi server, go make tea while waiting to join the game. Anyway most of our crew play with music on zero so it adds nothing. Any chance of a music-less release?

The mission loaded in about 20 seconds for me on a server. I like to keep the custom sound in the mission because I like a more customized dynamic environment. Even if you have to wait a minute its' worth it for a mission that lasts 4 to 5 hours right. It is first of all a SP mission, but it is just as much fun in coop. But yeah the size is larger then the average mission.

I am creating a new similar mission, but then with more fire power on both sides and for more players that will not contain custom sounds.

Ohh P.S,

If the custom sounds are not liked you can remove them (mission map is included).

In the editor you simply remove the triggers and civillians at the left edge of the map and remove one trigger at the insert point that activates "paint1.ogg", remove the sound map and remove the sound code from the "description.ext" file. And then save the mission. Just keep the mission title the same pls.

hi BOOtsy,

thx very much for this mission, "paint it black" by the Stones fits good in there !

one thing: I know my rig isn't uptodate, so frames crawl below 20ties and often drop down to 11 ... I think there's very much AI around, because this is my experience that makes my rig wanna surrender ;-) in official campaign (OA) I had (except of Zarg. City) about 30-40 FPS. Is this mission so intense in HW-demanding, at what FPS are you playing ? Lowering VD doesn't raise my framerate and lowering details, AA and stuff doesn't change anything, too. Hmmm, I know this from Harvest Red @Chernarus, but with OA/Takistan I'm used to get FPS around 35 +/- (see above).

hi BOOtsy,

thx very much for this mission, "paint it black" by the Stones fits good in there !

one thing: I know my rig isn't uptodate, so frames crawl below 20ties and often drop down to 11 ... I think there's very much AI around, because this is my experience that makes my rig wanna surrender ;-) in official campaign (OA) I had (except of Zarg. City) about 30-40 FPS. Is this mission so intense in HW-demanding, at what FPS are you playing ? Lowering VD doesn't raise my framerate and lowering details, AA and stuff doesn't change anything, too. Hmmm, I know this from Harvest Red @Chernarus, but with OA/Takistan I'm used to get FPS around 35 +/- (see above).

Heya, no problem :)

You are right that the mission is heavy on AI units. At this moment I can not script externally yet that the units go in the buildings and patrol around the village so all troops are placed with waypoints to go in the buildings and to patrol around. In the beginning of the mission there are probably 100 to 120 AI active, but once you cleared a couple of towns it will be okay.

I always have a crappy frame rate, but in this mission I have around 15 fps... wth a 256 Mb Gcard and 3Gb ram, 2Ghz.... In a lighter mission I may get 5 fps more, but thats it. So I do not notice a dramatic difference or anything playing this mission :)

I have figured out though how to spawn groups and vehicles and stuff, only still trying to get a scripted patrol working. Once I got that down I will definitely update this mission.

In the beginning of the mission there are probably 100 to 120 AI active, but once you cleared a couple of towns it will be okay.

OK, let's fight for FPS, free your framerate to prosper ! For every enemy biting the dust +1.0 FPS, that might be a fair deal :)

in fact: good mission, low FPS doesn't impact on the fun I get out of it ;)

BOOTsy mate. I love this mission and it works great on SP. We just can't get it to run smoothly on MP though. It may just be our server. Have you heard of any problems from other servers running your mission or is it just us that have a problem?