Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

[SP/COOP) Call to glory

BOOTsy mate. I love this mission and it works great on SP. We just can't get it to run smoothly on MP though. It may just be our server. Have you heard of any problems from other servers running your mission or is it just us that have a problem?

Glad you like it man :)

Other then the amount of active AI in the beginning of the mission the only thing that could give a problem is maybe the custom sounds, not sure. A lot of the sounds are 1Mb in size, but in SP it causes no problems.

You can edit the misssion easily to take out the sounds. In the editor remove the two triggers on the left side of the map and 1 at the insert point (.ogg file), remove the sound map and then save the mission. It is worth a try :)

B00tsy, I'm getting an error message: no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.51

Any ideas on what it means?

I'm having the same issue as Sig. CTG worked fine @ version 1.2, but 1.5 would crash after running for a few minutes, and now 1.51 is giving me this same message as sig reported. I'm running the game via steam (using combined Ops) as A2OA and BAF are steam versions, Arma2 is CD/DVD version.

Anyway, it's probably not your problem, but shame as I like the mission when it was 1.2 so thanks for building it.

Sig, did you ever resolve this?

I have only today got around to playing the latest version, like the additions, but one rather blatantly noticeable thing for me now is its borderline stutter slide-show from just entering the mission. I thought it was just the usual stuttering and slow down as scripts execute and then it would settle, but it doesn't.

I haven't had any issues at all, but this rendition seems to me to not be to optimised for us lower specs (Athlon 6000+ 3.2 gig x2) this is currently playing like im in Zargabad with heavily populated town, I cant actually really play it.

I assume that its becuase your towns are fully populated even when i'm not near any of them (they are not spawning as I reach a town) ... so its trying to calculate allot more of what I dont see (path-finding, patrols etc), shame because at this stage I cant play this version, too much of an FPS show-stopper, ah well.

Edited by mrcash2009

A slow down when entering the mission expected, because indeed everything needs to initialize first. The amount of AI should not be the problem though. I will have a look at it when I finished the other mission, I suspect it is the garbage collecting triggers as that caused problems in the other mission too.

1.51 works fine for me.

Wish I could raise artillery support on the radio.

Edited by kurtz1

For me 1.51 works fine too, in SP mode anyway. It is possible that some code behaves different on a dedicated server, will have a look at it just in case.

In previous versions artillery was available, but made the mission unbalanced.. as you can clear an entire town with 1 strike. Everyone is free to edit the mission of course and add/remove anything you want.

Hello,

Mission sounds interresting. Tried to play it SP, Arma2OA v1.56 but mission always crashes after 15secondes. Very frustrating.

Thanks anyway

C2

Downloaded this yesterday, it crashed with out of memory error within 2 mins of starting in both SP and COOP.

I know the latest 1.56 patch reintroduced the out of memory error issue or worsen it, as its never really been gone. But normally with the lastest patch i can play at least 1hr before crashing. So something in this mission is making it much worse, but i hope the memory issue is fixed by BIS soon.

Also, please add the option to turn off the music from the car radio, i have music turned off in the menu for a reason and not having the option to turn it off/on is annoying for me.

Having the same out of memory issue. :(

Only with this mission though.

Hi there, I just played it with combined ops and OA. I do not get any errors or crashes at all and I am playing it with an underpowered PC too. When the mission starts there is some lag, because of all the stuff that is activating, but thats just for a couple of seconds. After that it plays smoothly for me.

Everyone can edit the mission as they please, like removing custom sounds or side missions or adding stuff. I do not have time to work on this or my other missions for the moment....unfortunately.

Hi Bootsy

I think the out of memory issue only effects people with higher end machines, especially those with 4gb ram or more. i.e i have 8gb and when i get the error the game the crashes on 1,000,000K :eek: Memory usage, now compared that to most games using 100,000K or less and you can see just how serious the memory issue is.

Reference editing the mission, although this is useful for those of us that like to look at and learn scripts/configs from missions created by user's, it won't help solve the out of memory issue without testing every script, config etc. Basically without knowing what the main course of the out of memory issue is, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack by trying to edit the mission untill it works. Though it is one way for me to turn the in car music off :p.

The issue is with the game itself, not your mission, and has been around from the very start. It's just that the lastest patch made/recreated or worsen the issue and for some reason something in your mission triggers whatever is causing the error. Hopefully BIS will fix the issue.

Specking of which, i havent tried this with the newest Beta release, so if i get time

As i've just started working on creating a huge revolutionary TVT/COOP/CTI mission to compete with the likes of Benny's Warfare and Domination, although i have not made an official statment on the forum yet and probably won't do until spring at the latest. Plus no gaurantee the mission will get completed without some help from other scriptors and mission designers.

ill give it a go with the latest beta and let you know.

Edited by teaboy
added last paragrath

I've tried the mission with latest beta. Same issue : Out of Memory

C2

PS greatly appreciate if i could have v1.2 /Thx

Edited by charlytwo

Well the good news is that I do have some time to work on the mission next few days. I see if i can fix the memory issue, I suspect it is a faulty trigger somewhere.

Ok I hopefully should have fixed the out of memory issue. I think it was the garbage collector (deleting dead bodies) that caused it. I notice a positive improvement myself after I edited the code. Hope it is improved for everyone and playable again :)

The download link can be found in the first post.

Edited by B00tsy

:(

Arma is still exiting after starting mission. Without any memory errors though, plain simple arma2oa stopped working thing.

2G Ram, CO-latest official patch,

v1.53 downloaded, both singleplayer, and LAN multi (one player)

I would be soo curious about this mission. I love the athmosphere at the beginning.

Edited by zapat

Well then I am puzzled :confused:

I could not find anything else that might activate these crashes. For me it runs better then ever now. It is really to bad, cos it is a nice mission (not to praise myself) I play it frequently in SP mode.

Ok I hopefully should have fixed the out of memory issue. I think it was the garbage collector (deleting dead bodies) that caused it. I notice a positive improvement myself after I edited the code. Hope it is improved for everyone and playable again :)

The download link can be found in the first post.

I didn't have time to test in beta today, but ill certainly test tomorrow both beta and 1.56 given the changes you have also made. I'll let you know what happens. Eitherway, its a BIS issue to solve - so its BIS fault that some of us can't play this mission :unhappy:.

Hello,

Tested v1.53, sorry same issue out of mem.

nvidia 8800 gt + 4GB ram + latest Beta

Edited by charlytwo

Hi, it is not the mission that is causing it. I haven't had a crash yet with this mission.

Pls see this thread, there are more people that have this problem with other missions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101178&page=1

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

edit to add: That I am not having this issue maybe because I have increased the virtual memory on my pc a lot.

usagef.jpg

This is an ingame screenshot while playing this mission. As you can see I have high cpu usage, but thats because my pc is underpowered. Virtual memory is using about 3.5 Gb (and I have plenty left). I also had some programs running on the background so normal usage would even be less then in this pic.

Edited by B00tsy

Hi Sig

Remove the files from the "Call to Glory (SP-COOP) 1.51" folder and place the files in the mission folder then it works for me.

Regards

Rick

Very Large (and HUGE :O) sound pack in this mission.. I don't like this... Missions with Light loading are betters. Too, the mission crash all time (huge sounds?) ...

Edit: I remove all sounds and now, the mission is ok, no crashing more.

Edited by D3lta

Hi Bootsy

Was finally able to complete this brilliant mission after removing the sound folder as noted above :yay:

Was getting a CTD after Bastram village even with a new start.

Keep them coming mate as they are the best SP missions i have played.

Maybe the sounds don't load up your memory like they do for end users as you may have more memory or a more powerful system (Dunno) but great stuff mate ;)

If it says B00Tsy i will be trying it:D

Regards

Rick

Well glad to hear it is working. But indeed, the sounds work fine for me on my standard dual core. Not sure, but maybe .pbo's do not handle large (1Mb) sound files well. As I also have the sounds in a separate map they load better perhaps.

Maybe Ill update the mission and add standard BIS sounds then.

Hi B00tsy

I don't think many people have the problem mate.

Just put a note in any new missions saying that if they experience any crashes to remove the sound folder.

Finished mission last night and loved every minute of it apart from being left almost dead by an IED i missed ;)

Superb job allround.

look forward to anything else you are making

Regards

Rick

q6600 @ 3.01 ghz GTX470 @ 1900x1200

Edited by Cobra88

will this gets an ACE version?