Sign in to follow this  
Routchi

Questions about medic

Hi guys,

I'm new to this amazing game and need your help. I hope it's the right place to post questions.

In editor, when you play with and against AI, I need to know how to call a medic (from other unit) when my unit is down.

Another one. When I press F5 (for example) to select my medic and then 6 and 1, he heals guys around him. How can I ask him to heal this one or this one ?

A big thanks to the developers, so love this game, you just cant imagine

you wont be able to control guys from other unit.

Either you set the so-called 'other unit**' team leader as playable, or you set the medic in the 'other unit' as playable.

Then in the preview, press T to switch between the playable characters.

** take this unit as Unit B

P.s. Switch to the unit B's leader, select medic, point to your injured guy and heal them.

Edited by avengerzx

Sometimes I've noticed other squad leaders ordering their medics to heal injured guys from other squads - rarely but still. I wonder what's the catch

To have more manpower maybe, A.I would be smart enough to think about that.

to command medic to heal someone select him, and then point at the injured friendly. You should be able now to tell the medic to heal him

with the medic selected look at the injured soldier and a big * will appear which is a heal order. As for the medics in other squads, you can't order them to do anything, you cant issue them orders

^-5-5 (i.e.: all - report status)

Should make the wounded unit call for a medic, im not 100% sure but occassionally when i reported myself injured (5-4) a medic would come running by and take care of me.

because BIS changed how medics work in Arma2

back in OFP and Arma1, you can walk to a medic from another squad and ask him to help you.

But in Arma2, only Medic can choose to heal, you can not demand the action from him

I somehow prefered the old way, which makes more sense.

You are not going to let a friendly soldier bled out only because he is in another squad?

because BIS changed how medics work in Arma2

back in OFP and Arma1, you can walk to a medic from another squad and ask him to help you.

But in Arma2, only Medic can choose to heal, you can not demand the action from him

I somehow prefered the old way, which makes more sense.

You are not going to let a friendly soldier bled out only because he is in another squad?

I don't like Arma 2's system, either. Apart from losing control over whether my guys get healed or not if I don't have a medic, the damn guy has to run around in circles for 10 minutes, often passing the wounded guy several times, before he finally decides to do his damn job. Half the time, the patient has bled out already.

I think Arma 2's medic is a big improvement over Arma - I remember so many times on Sahrani crawling around bleeding and chasing after a medic who would always walk away just as I approached him ... :D

The new system aint perfect but it's so much better to be able to actually call a medic IMO.

Edited by Mandrake5

I think BI should merge both system

You can either order a medic to heal(Arma2) or a squadmember to approch medic and "force heal". (Arma1)

Shouldn't be hard IMO, since the second (and older) way still function on MEV and medical tents.

You can either order a medic to heal(Arma2) or a squadmember to approch medic and "force heal". (Arma1)

Shouldn't be hard IMO, since the second (and older) way still function on MEV and medical tents.

I like this idea! You got my vote :)

Also, order the medic to SAFE mode and order him to stand up. He will heal wounded much more quickly. All the running around is when he is in danger mode, checking every possible angle for enemies

I like using the command keys (?), where if my medic is unit#6, i press F6, then 6 (action menu shows), then pick Heal (whomever). Although sometimes my injured guy doesn't show as a heal option, but mostly it works.

Good call +1