Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

Gossamer forgot to mention, Echo, we may be open to increasing the Supply costs for the upgrades, would you have any specific suggestions for prices?

I don't like to shoot down ideas very much, but we really like the way it has been set up currently. It's taken a lot of play testing to get it to a point where we think it is balanced. We cannot afford, at this time, to change something already so delicate.

I can understand it was difficult and time consuming to balance all air assets and their availability. The current mixture is a good solution, and one that is certainly sustainable. My suggestion for the supply cost tweak is simply meant to extend the useful life of helos; that is, to make them more tactically relevant before the heavier air power arrives.

I'm looking forward to the site being up as well. I feel like it will be a nice database of information for Gossamer's Warfare players. I will probably call upon you to help write some of the documents on the website.

I will PM you when the website is closer to release.

Sounds great! I'll be happy to help when the time comes.

Gossamer forgot to mention, Echo, we may be open to increasing the Supply costs for the upgrades, would you have any specific suggestions for prices?

Sure - the basic premise for my suggestion is that the generalized logistics and resources required, in both manpower and materials, to support fixed-wing and STOVL/VTOL aircraft is higher than that of rotary aircraft. Don't get me wrong - I'm not knocking the helos; they have tremendous utility in combat. Some of the weapons and controls systems even rival their fixed-wing counterparts. It's just that it's harder and more complicated to support the fast movers.

To this end, I recommend making Logistics Level 1 a prerequisite for unlocking fixed-wing aircraft. This will gave the effect of adding a price tag of 6000S to the current research cost of 2400. It will also delay the arrival of these heavier aircraft a bit longer into the mid and late portions of the game. It's also plausible from a meta-game perspective, which should resonate with the simulation types who like ARMA 2.

From a technical standpoint, I'm guessing it would also be easier to add a PREREQ than going in and tweaking existing SVs.

Thoughts?

Actually you're 180 degrees off: it's really very easy to change the required SV's for upgrades. :p

We will definitely discuss the cost of the upgrades with our regular players, my initial thoughts are that ~8000SV for each air upgrade is a little too extreme.

If you'd like help editing the mission for your own use hop on our Ventrilo some time and we can guide you through some files if we're available.

Version 3.02.b3 will be released sometime tommorow.

On that note I'd like to highlight a few things that have been fixed/added/etc:

- Support for Fallujah

- Further prevention of the notorious "Respawn Bug"

- Ability to Unflip Units via the Unit Camera

- Reduced File Size of all Missions by about 3mb

- Improved loading of Initialization Scripts for JIP Players

- Many more Bug Fixes

To see the current changelog: http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/866

I'm also going to need some help from my fellow Gossamer's Warfare players soon. As you might now, I am setting up a website for Gossamer's Warfare which will act as a knowledge database to help new and experienced players alike.

If you are an experienced Gossamer's Warfare player, please either reply here saying you are interested in helping out or you can send me a PM.

Edited by GossamerS

Version 2.03.b3 will be released sometime tommorow.

Great news! Will the updated file be posted in this thread?

Also, did you mean 2.02.b3? From your roadmap, it looks like version 3.03 is some time away.

Great news! Will the updated file be posted in this thread?

Also, did you mean 3.02.b3? From your roadmap, it looks like version 3.03 is some time away.

You are right, it's 3.02.b3 and I just finished uploading it. Enjoy!

Download (Direct FTP): http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=21

Download (Updater Tool): http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=4

Changelog: Includes Changes from previous 3.02 betas

* Bug #16010: USMC Team Leaders Paratroop US Army and not USMC troops

* Bug #16011: Commander Paradrops are All Desert vehicles

* Bug #16027: "NO PLAYER" slots left on map

* Bug #16062: [Zargabad] Mission only has 23 player slots

* Bug #16069: Su-34 had ECM

* Bug #16087: When an Enemy captures a Camp, it says "Camp Captured"

* Bug #16094: Mass Conscription Lvl 2 cost 1 Supply

* Bug #16514: Camp Captured/Camp Lost sound sometimes doesn't play

* Bug #16527: Building Destroyed messages only broadcasted to "enemy" team

* Bug #16547: Support truck cannot tow vehicles

* Bug #16567: Supply Value in Team Menu while on Bluefor didn't work

* Bug #16570: If a Respawn point is lost and the player had it selected, they will still spawn there

* Bug #16574: Respawn Menu is Pointing to the Off Map

* Bug #16688: USMC Engineers lack Repair Function

* Bug #16736: Support Menu Error when No Units in Range

* Bug #16755: Jackal GMG had Desert Skin in Temperate Worlds

* Bug #16790: M8 TWS SD & M8 Holo SD on opfor V.3.01b1

* Feature #16196: Late Joiners will have the Respawn Menu on Join

* Feature #16334: Unflip AI units via Unit Camera

* Feature #16740: All Map Controls do not show Map Textures

* Feature #16792: New Island: Fallujah

* Feature #16793: New Island: Capraia

* Support #15463: Update German Stringtables

* Support #15558: Italian Stringtable

* Support #16193: German Voice acting for Camp Captured, Camp Lost and City Under Attack

* Task #15657: Replace Bluefor "Heavy Armor" Upgrade Icon

* Task #16006: Remove PMC Upgrade and Units

* Task #16026: Decrease Delay between Warning Smoke and Payload arrival

* Task #16028: Further prevent the "Respawn" Bug

* Task #16029: Raise Launch Position of TOR and Rapier missiles

* Task #16084: Decrease Delay of MHQ Repair

* Task #16232: Remove Gear from MHQ

* Task #16313: Decrease Spawn Radius of Resistance/Occupational forces

* Task #16515: [Zargabad] Increase Communication Tower range

* Task #16516: Varying camp respawn distances per Island

* Task #16522: Reduce File Size of Missions

* Task #16549: New Town AI Patrol Script

* Task #16550: Decrease Price of Dragon Missile Launcher

* Task #16683: Make New Island Implementation Easier

* Task #16717: Cache Initialization Scripts

* Task #16737: Attach and Detach Actions are More Responsive

EDIT:

A big shout out to the TCG community for their big help in testing 3.02.b3 saturday night with the TGW community.

Edited by GossamerS

Quick question: did you add support for version 1.0 or 1.1 of Fallujah? I'm having some difficulty getting our server to run the Fallujah map, and I think this may be a candidate.

The other likely possibility is my own user error. :confused:

Thanks again for the update and all the support!

Update: issue resolved...thanks for the help Xeno.

Edited by (GP)Echo

Quick question: did you add support for version 1.0 or 1.1 of Fallujah? I'm having some difficulty getting our server to run the Fallujah map, and I think this may be a candidate.

I know that you solved the issue, but just so people know, it is in-fact built for Fallujah 1.1

Hi Goss,

thank you for your last beta release, I merged some stuff with mi last based on old betas and works better now.

good progress with JIP and Ai Resistance script, also nice to have unflip vehicle also with unit camera, and lot of new stuff.

I'm waiting for you next equipment GUI and looking foward new release

good job

Rubber

Edited by Rubberkite
minor english correction I'm a mule!

Hi Goss,

thank you for your last beta release, I merged some stuff with mi last based on old betas and works better now.

good progress with JIP and Ai Resistance script, also nice to have unflip vehicle also with unit camera, and lot of new stuff.

I'm waiting for you next equipment GUI and looking foward new release

good job

Rubber

Equipment GUI has been pushed to 3.03 due to the magnitude of the work. I've just been doing rough designs via pen and paper right now to decide how it's going to look.

Small cosmetic error found.

Takistan and Zargabad were reporting v3.02.b2 in the server browsers, but they were actually running 3.02.b3

I fixed the small issue and re-uploaded the direct mirror link and updated the files on the updater tool.

Re-download the mission if you want it fixed.

New Buy Units menu which you'll see in 3.02 release

rscbuyunits.jpg

good job...

looks nice

but add also the lock/unlock icon ( you are working on so just a little more effort )

;)

If only MY funds (IRL of course) needed to be represented in scientific notation.

If only MY funds (IRL of course) needed to be represented in scientific notation.

Hahahah, gotta love dev mode in warfare.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

good job...

looks nice

but add also the lock/unlock icon ( you are working on so just a little more effort )

;)

I'll take a look, but it'll most likely be something I'd add in for 3.03

I just wanted to do a quick re-design of it.

I'm also re-designing the off-map artillery system for Commanders (and to a lesser extent for Team Leaders). Here's a rough hand-drawn picture (in photoshop :))

artillery.jpg

Edited by GossamerSolid

good job...

looks nice

;)

I just added lock toggle. Took about 5 minutes.

For a reason I don't know all later versions crash on my PC on all serevers I tried, Im not able to play this mission longer as 20min without a exeptional memory request error and CTD. I tried to enlarge Pagefile...makes no difference. the mission is requesting memory in excess of 6GB on my machine.

Last three CTDs was Warfare v3.02.b3 @Chernarus on TV2 server, but its the same on all other servers running this mission.

This does not happen with Warfare BE or ZGM.

For a reason I don't know all later versions crash on my PC on all serevers I tried, Im not able to play this mission longer as 20min without a exeptional memory request error and CTD. I tried to enlarge Pagefile...makes no difference. the mission is requesting memory in excess of 6GB on my machine.

Last three CTDs was Warfare v3.02.b3 @Chernarus on TV2 server, but its the same on all other servers running this mission.

This does not happen with Warfare BE or ZGM.

That's really weird. Have you asked anybody else in the TV2 server if this is affecting them.

I haven't recieved any reports of a client crash. I'll keep my eye out for other reports and try to figure out what's causing it.

I would also note that we at TGW - and afaik several other communities - run this mission for hours at a time without trouble. Just want to clarify that this is a very strange occurrence and not really "the same on all other servers running this mission."

You say 20 minutes, this isn't an exaggeration is it? Are you sure that the trouble with TV2 hosting it isn't related to a server configuration error or some other cause, such as modifying the mission? Perhaps the admins there could come on our Ventrilo or even our forums so we can compare notes and try to track the problem down for you all. If need be we could have a German friend of ours help translate over VOIP.

Hey gents,

I mentioned this suggestion/request a couple of nights ago, but I figured I could formalize it here.

Any chance you could add a helicopters only option within the server parameters?

Hey gents,

I mentioned this suggestion/request a couple of nights ago, but I figured I could formalize it here.

Any chance you could add a helicopters only option within the server parameters?

Yes I could. It'll be added in at 3.03 though as I've pretty much locked in my workload for 3.02 release to ensure I can get everything working :)

Just make a nice ticket for it here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/gosswf/issues/new

Great Warfare mod Gossamer!

Is there any way to increase the Town Defense Range? Hate when they just "pop up" on you.

Anyway, nice work!

Great Warfare mod Gossamer!

Is there any way to increase the Town Defense Range? Hate when they just "pop up" on you.

Anyway, nice work!

better not...that way you have them all activated in no time by players just flying over. If you dont like the range check your tactics...just wait outside and send a single A.I. in to trigger.

@ GossamerSolid

Is it possible to add a option to change your A.I.'s loadout like in Benny's or Zero G's version of warfare? I simply don't like my men using different ammo from me since I use them as mobile ammo crates and weapon carriers for tripod mounted stuff ;)