Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

The teammate being invisible on the map sometimes is usually caused by a JIP client crashing/timing out and rejoining. I'm trying to debug this one, but I'm not making very much progress so far.

It's still blue and you own it? Or does the enemy own it?

Team Leader paratroopers should be working, you might be playing on a server that hasn't updated 3.02 to the post-release version. Please tell the admins to re-download the mission from the official mirror or the updater tool.

It's still blue and you own it? Or does the enemy own it?

Team Leader paratroopers should be working, you might be playing on a server that hasn't updated 3.02 to the post-release version. Please tell the admins to re-download the mission from the official mirror or the updater tool.

Yeah, my team owned it. I just joined the server and looked for towns to capture. I saw a blue one and headed that way. When I tried to choose it as a mission i couldn't find it in the list. I asked my team mates and indeed, it was already captured.

NEWBIE QUESTION: I don't see messages in chat when I destroy enemy buildnings. However I can see when other players destroys buildings. I was using the TKA HIND and rockets. 100% sure that the buildings went down.

EDIT: I have trouble playing other Warfare now. Missing some of the great stuff in Goss's. :)

What map and what town was it that was still showing up blue?

The building destruction message sometimes doesn't pop up because the networking system gets a little unreliable at times. I'm working on upgrading it for 3.03.

Well then, guess you gotta start playing some more Gossamer's Warfare :)

What map and what town was it that was still showing up blue?

The building destruction message sometimes doesn't pop up because the networking system gets a little unreliable at times. I'm working on upgrading it for 3.03.

Well then, guess you gotta start playing some more Gossamer's Warfare :)

Don't remember exactly. But is was on Chernarus north east.

I have never seen a message when I destroy buildings with rockets in heli/plane. Haven't tried any other weapons. But I always seem to see when other players destroy things.

Yeah, I've played like 12/24h now. That's pretty good huh? :)

I'm not sure why you don't see/hear the building destroyed messages. I played a match yesterday and all but one of them were reported (The one that wasn't reported was killed at the same time as the other building, so it probably failed due to that).

I'm not sure why you don't see/hear the building destroyed messages. I played a match yesterday and all but one of them were reported (The one that wasn't reported was killed at the same time as the other building, so it probably failed due to that).

Really strange then. :( It's not a difficulty setting? Not giving away building hits.

I will record it the next time. See if someone can explain this.

I don't think it's a difficulty setting. You are playing Version 3.02 on this server right? It's not 3.02.b1, b2 or b3?

I don't think it's a difficulty setting. You are playing Version 3.02 on this server right? It's not 3.02.b1, b2 or b3?

Yeah 3.02.

Ok I found the city you were talking about that stayed blue in Chernarus. As for the messages, I'm not too sure so I'll have to keep looking.

Ok I found the city you were talking about that stayed blue in Chernarus. As for the messages, I'm not too sure so I'll have to keep looking.

The message system worked fine today when I tried. Too bad there is more bad public servers than good running Gossamer's. A real shame. At least for me in EU.

Are there any ongoing tourments or such with Gossamer's? Would be fun to watch or even play. Better teamwork and real tactics compared to public play.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I did even capture the base hunting to post proof here. But of course the message system worked that time! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WIHGgwApU

Enjoy! Or not! I didn't...

Yeah the message system is a little wonky, it sometimes works great, other times it doesn't.

As for tournaments, we (TGW) were thinking of starting one soon, but we'd need to get more people on board. Right now we do weekly matches (on the weekend) with the guys at Ground Pounders. Problem is that we are both North American communities, so we'd need to figure out good times to play with all the Europeans in this game.

As I can see from the video, you have a pretty good grasp on how to avoid TOR-M1 Systems. Just gotta use the terrain to your advantage :)

3.03.b1 is going to out soon.

I've made a few bug fixes and I'll be implementing the new mando version.

Don't expect any major features in the first two betas though, I usually save those for the end.

Gossamer ive made some observation. I see people still play old versions like v3.02.b2 and v3.02.b3 instead of the latest one v3.02.

I think people are confused by the versioning. Not sure which would be the best way to fix this problem but just want to make sure to mention it here.

Gossamer ive made some observation. I see people still play old versions like v3.02.b2 and v3.02.b3 instead of the latest one v3.02.

I think people are confused by the versioning. Not sure which would be the best way to fix this problem but just want to make sure to mention it here.

I see this too, mostly old 3.02 and betas. and by the way, its hard to find a server in my 100ms ping limt anyway. It seems like the casual public gamer dislikes it ;(

BE with full supply is simply more popular.

Now since I broke with my dislike for payware downloads, maybe it's also time to give up public and join a clan after 10 years?

Any clans out there featuring this mission and accepting slow playing old guys in the end 30's with no time left on weekends?

Edited by Beagle

It might be a condition known as uninformed server admin :)

The best thing I can offer is for people to use my Updater tool. If there's a beta version selectable in the updater tool, that means it's the latest. When the release version is the latest there are no betas available :)

I see this too, mostly old 3.02 and betas. and by the way, its hard to find a server in my 100ms ping limt anyway. It seems like the casual public gamer dislikes it ;(

BE with full supply is simply more popular.

Now since I broke with my dislike for payware downloads, maybe it's also time to give up public and join a clan after 10 years?

Any clans out there featuring this mission and accepting slow playing old guys in the end 30's with no time left on weekends?

BE is probably more popular because it has been around longer and it's also a very well done version. I think a major detraction for a lot of pubs is Mando Missile as they are rather confused on how to use it. Instead of them taking 5 minutes to get used to it, they leave.

Also pubs don't like the lack of AI commander and AI squads, but too bad for them I guess as nothing of what I mentioned above will be changed :)

I'd tell you to come by TGW as we accept all age groups, but a lot of us only play ArmA on weekends due to our schedules. I think you are German though, so you might want to look for a european community :)

but I invite you to come hang with us sometime if you want.

this is good version of warfare I prefer it these days due to different and more realistic rocket system and no fast travel options.

it is only suggestion.

please change camp structure because ai cant go inside and take it.

Yeah, maybe expanding the camp capture radius is an good idea. So AI can take camps just by standing next to it (and a few steps away maybe) and the player too if he wants too. If the player want to be more safe while taking a camp he have still the possibility to go inside the camp and duck :)

Should not have any negative impact or exploit possibility on the gameplay i think but would give us the nice possibility to let AI infantry (or even AI cars, depending on radius size increase) capture camps. I know, sometimes they go inside a camp or stand at the small correct spot behind the camp and are able to take a camp but its rare.

This would allow also players which play with AI infantry the possibility to take camps faster with them. Nice if you ask me. Go for it :D

GossamerSolid:

It might be a condition known as uninformed server admin

Yes of course but i think its not only that. Maybe the players who join servers and vote up the missions are also a factor. If there are both versions on a server v3.02.b3 and v3.02 it could possibly happen that b3 gets voted because it looks like this one is further developed as just v3.02 without any addition behind it. (unconfirmed speculation)

For example yesterday evening i wanted to play Gossamer warfare and had to realise that 2 or 3 populated servers (more then 10 people) were playing v3.02.b2 and b3. And then there were 2 or 3 servers with the latest version v3.02 and were having only a few players :(

What do you think about that:

Increase the version number after the beta cycle like Bohemia does it with this game. They release for example the version 1.57 for OA. Then after some time they release betas for it for some time. So its 1.57-beta xxxx. Once they are happy with the result they release just the changes from the beta´s as version 1.58. Its directly 100% obvious for everyone 1.58 is newer then 1.57 or 1.57-beta xxxx.

So I was attempting to get 3.03.b1 out today, but my windows died when Service Pack 1 was installing. Had to re-format and I'm working on getting everything back together.

Luckily I had everything backed up on my 2nd partition so I didn't actually lose any work.

@Ginger McAle: Yeah but it's easy to tell the difference between the versions.

First thing I notice is the lvl up prices. There are around 6 open EU servers playing Gossagamer's. 4-5 playing Chernarus and 1-2 playing Takistan.

1/6 is playing older version than 3.02.

@GossamerSolid:

Thank god you haven't lost anything. :)

Hmm, I have some thoughts when it comes to the classes:

Team Leader: Paratroops = Best thing ever. Artillery = Yeah, it can do some damage.

Medic: Heal others and himself = Practical but nothing more. Build FH = Yeah, but ambulances are cheaper. Field Hospital costs like 10k and you have to be Col.

Engie: Repair stuff = Yes, it's neat. But I always have to go a city depot to fully repair it. Bulding stuff = It's fun but you (or AI) have to man it.

I have to say that the TL is best when it comes to capturing towns. And you do that a lot, like the first hour or so. :)

Medic and Engie are good but they haven't any FUN stuff to play with. Imo they need more candy in the class menu.

It's a matter of taste.

Edited by Posta

Yeah I back stuff up these days because I've had two hard drives die on me in the last two years lol.

What else would you suggest for the medic and the engineer?

Glad you were "prepared" for hard drive failures and format c fun.

Today it looks better in the serverlist as a few days ago but see yourself:

gossamer.png

Its of course not tragic. Just wanted to point at it with my post.

2.07? What the hell? Where did they find such an old version from?

I've personally contacted that AIGB community and I guess they ignored my link I gave them lol.

As for versioning, I was thinking this (examples)

Gossamer's Warfare v3.03.b# <--- Betas

Gossamer's Warfare v3.03.stable <--- Release versions.

Edited by GossamerSolid

What else would you suggest for the medic and the engineer?

Hmm, what is usefull when capturing towns...

I'm starting with the engie:

The problem with the building stuff is that they come unmanned. And 'cause you dont have paratroops it takes a long time to buy units. They need to run/drive a long distance.

ALT 1: Maybe a mini paratroop of just 2 engies for a high price? Like 2000. Or crewmen.

ALT 2: OR, maybe some buildings could come manned for a higher price. That's not too offensive though.

The problem with even more manned buildings is that AI already greatly affects performance and I don't know how many more AI I want being added in.

Try to think of it in the maximum settings (as it's a possibility). We now have 8 engineers (4 per team) with 10 manned turrets. We have 80 extra AI added to the already possible 500 AI running around the map.

The Engineer building option is meant for players to be using, set up an outpost on the edge of a town and get an engineer to place an ammo dump and a medic to place a field hospital. Then players can spawn in, purchase weapons and use emplacements to hold a town.

Try to think of possibilities that do not rely on AI :)