Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

is not posible to allow the commander to set some towns as missions and let the others inactive until the commander select them as available mission?

What abaout a class system for players?

Have you read the Micro Strategy Gameplay?

Hi Esfumato I've similar concept but different way, sorry GossamerS I don't want to go Off topic, I just want to share some idea...

I "dream" to realize a sistem of convoy to raise to city defences and patrol between conquested town.

This will act as advance and secure but is not due to a "limited" but is strategic releated, when you take a town only few Ai pop you've to reach with convoy of some truck and supply and unit increase. after that you've a patrol group from your HQ to 1st town you can also take a town not linked but your convoy will be really under risk of ambush or aistrike

If you create a "front line" advancing with convoy to increase town defences and supply/money per minute this will "force" without a fixed route to take the closest town and create an outstanding war teater with blu territory red territory and a frontier zone with resistence units!

This will fit perfect with GossamerS Edition Without HC AI, because the unit in town will be created only on town activation... and we have some units patroling in the friendly territory for example a tank and an AA unit for each patrol area not so many to slow down server but enought to define a territory where fly it's extreme dangerous and where you can be spotted/engaged by patroling AI that will report to papabear the enemy sight

Increasing the adrenaline on infiltration insertion/extraction and maximize teamplay

And not so hard to be created

When warfare used to include supply trucks it became more like "Truck Dispatch Simulator 2009" than anything approaching a fun FPS.

Unfortunately the AI's pathfinding just isn't up to the task of what you'd like to do with convoys without heavy scripting. Additionally, adding much more server-side AI to this mission is just going to create even more headaches.

In a vacuum your idea sounds fantastic but the implementation of it would require some serious coding skills.

I've played a lot of warfare in ArmA1 with supply truck dispatch hehe and with 15 supply truck and fast travel...

that's not what I want reproduce!!!

I want to make simple as I can

4 step for each town

when you take it's at step 1 = 50 value and only Infantry patrol

now you can build a convoy

team leader : humvee terminal

enginer: repair truck

medic: ambulance

soldier: transport truck with soldier inside

those unit cost much more than standard ones because they are special convoy unit

so you can't buy hundred of them at time!

when you reach the town depot with all 4 unit the town goes in step2= 100 supply and more Ai with 2 light armour

step 3= 150 supply and 2 more heavy armored vehicles +2 static defence to place in strategic point

step 4= 200 supply and 2 more heavy armored vehicles +2 static to place

the convoy unit are player controlled

the town unit spawn only when city it's under attack

this way of plaing maximixe the logistic and strategic aspect of the game

and of course team play! Doesn't matter the size of town you can upgrade to 200 with lot of defence a strategic village!!!

the server will create only patrol AI inside the territory in route from the base to the city and only 2 for each city taken 1 tank - 1 aa this is less than HC group that server have to manage when you play 10vs10 for example you've 6 ai group for side under HC that spawn, stuck and move around to take new town, sometime are waste of CPU resource because least stuck somewere or goes without vehicles from far distance and least minute without doing nothing.

Who know well how ArmA scripting works can do that in not too much time I think

the convoy cost a lot and you've to protect them from ambush or airstrike (when the game advance in time and you've some city to control/upgrade )

this off course it's just an idea we can work about level of town and unit that will defend it

:)

Goss

this should be the red circle ? ( on my previous img)

//--- Unit will spawn within this range.

TOWNUNITSPAWNRANGE = 400;

were is the gray parameter for activation trigger area?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

i find this one in init_location.sqf

_location = _this Select 0;

if (isNil "towns") then {towns = []};

towns = towns + [_location];

_locationName = _this Select 1;

_resistanceTeamTypes = ["DefaultTeam","DefaultTeam"];

_probability = 70;

_startingSupplyValue = 10;

_maxSupplyValue = 50;

_range = 400;

and in location config for example: config_MediumTown.sqf

_town = _this Select 0;

_townName = _this Select 1;

_range = 450;

if (Count _this > 3) then {_range = _this Select 3};

_t = ["DefaultTeam"];

_t = _t + ["ATTeam"];

_t = _t + ["DefaultSmallTeam1"];

_t = _t + ["LightMechanizedTeam"];

_probability = 65;

[_town,_townName,80,80,_range,_t,_probability] ExecVM "Common\Init\Init_Location.sqf";

this one could be the trigger area circle (grey on my img) ?

it's same 450 for each type of town: small medium huge airport...

Just a quick update everybody.

@Rubber: I'm not too sure which value is which anymore. I'll have to look through it when I have some free time on my hands.

Gossamer's Warfare 3.01 is nearing finish, you can follow progress here: http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/835. (notice I moved a lot of less important stuff to 3.02).

Here's a quick screenshot showing the new version of the Updater Tool that I released earlier. It will now feature the ability to select between my current projects and three different types of versioning. This means you'll be able to find the release versions, the latest betas (to test current changes) and you can also found outdated versions if you really want to :). The tool also has auto-updating functionality in it now. Every time it starts it will look for a new version of the application. Then if it finds a new version it performs a quick and silent update (no GUI popups).

85963042.jpg

Just a quick update everybody.

@Rubber: I'm not too sure which value is which anymore. I'll have to look through it when I have some free time on my hands.

Gossamer's Warfare 3.01 is nearing finish, you can follow progress here: http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/835. (notice I moved a lot of less important stuff to 3.02)............

[/img]

I'm happy each time I see the progress bar on dev heaven raising :)

I will download your tool so I can check last beta, if you don't have a Skype account I will install again back xfire but I prefer to avoid that if possible.

you can also send stringtable to me by mail I check every 5 minutes when I'm on PC

for the spawn radious

I've tested it using the DEV option on map click and god mode :)

the range of town is on different town size configs and override the one in inti spawn locations, for example I increased the radious of big town and decreased for the small ones just a minor tweak but works as I intendeed

but this mean the activaction of a town (when you start to see the city capture progress bar) and this could be the same radious where the units spawns I don't know if Benny uses different location like my figure in the posted image, I'm not enough skilled to fully understand how some scripts work inside warfare mission, I want to create a dedicated post in edit sub forum so we can use it to share info about how things works, if Benny wants to tell me something my work will be really easier than now, and you/everybod can read and use the posted info for own mission as well

this is not editing thread and I say escuse me to all that follow this one :)

I've not so much time to spend in gaming / editing and when I find your mission I say ... nice this is really good base, because lot of stuff works as I like and my effort to tweak for next tournament is less than before also mando suite already integrated is a save of time for me so.....

thank you again :bounce3:

Very nice Warfare mod, Gossamer.

Couple of things concern me though, or that I don't understand yet.

Why does only Opfor have nuke capabilities? There doesn't seem to be anything on Bluefor side that compares to that kind of power, so I don't really understand this addition to Opfor's arsenal. Considering Opfor were always stronger end-game anyway (Kamov, Tunguska etc), it's kind of surprising. But maybe I'm missing something here.

What exactly does Refined Processing do?

Why does only Opfor have nuke capabilities? There doesn't seem to be anything on Bluefor side that compares to that kind of power, so I don't really understand this addition to Opfor's arsenal. Considering Opfor were always stronger end-game anyway (Kamov, Tunguska etc), it's kind of surprising. But maybe I'm missing something here.

Good question :)

(about Kamov, Tunguska) with mando missile the game is more balanced and really fun and immersive! Kamov has no big advantage vs USA Aircraft just a good mixed loadout AA - AG as we prefer

I think that Goss want to differ a little the two side

Blufor have

VTOL Aircraft

Redfor have

Scud

Refined processing should do (I'm not sure) lower the price of support (repair reammo refuel)

I ask to Goss to write in diary what all upgrade does :)

for example I don't know what Mass Conscription do :)

@ Goss

Stringtable with italian uploaded at dev heaven page :)

Refined Processing

Lowers the cost of production of all units

Mass Conscription

Lowers the recruitment time of all units

The OpFor has the Nuke due to the fact that it was a balancing technique. Don't worry though, Blufor has a high tech Super Weapon of it's own coming in 3.02. I'll take a video when it's done :)

Rubber is right, in this version of Warfare, we're aiming to seperate both sides as much as possible and provide a more asymmetric balance. Sure the Opfor do get the Kamov and the Tunguska, but as Rubber said, with Mando Missile Mod they are no as overpowered as they are in Vanilla.

Opfor's anti-air roles are Ground Based, Bluefor's anti-air roles are Air Based. Bluefor's armor roles are stronger but more expensive, Opfor's armor roles are cheaper, but weaker.

At the request of a player, we have converted the US HAWK AA System into a Rapier Missile System which can track targets better, faster and from a further range.

Hi Goss, I installed Framework and used your download manager tool, the version on it is 3.01 ? if yes why you don't change the name?

for 3.01 I mean the one wit some bugfixes etc.

I want to suggest you to follow some changes from my upcoming tournament oriented mod of your mission

for example raise the hq redeploy cost, the cost raised for AA/AT pod, remove from engineer build option all the weapons add some fortify option like sandbags and similar, not so fun to place everywhere AA/AT defences as mushrooms, If you want you can enable only engineer the construction menu of repair truck and you can allow only engineer to repair vehicles with/without rep truck but remove the building option anywhere without rep truck.

Allow the Team Leader only a small squad and in his area max radious 1km everywhere on the map, and as team leader remove the assest to attack and move two only assets 1 transport vehicle little 1 transport vehicle bigger with really higher cost than normal AF due to aviation and logistic cost of air insertion... (if assest parameter is disable you can remove attack assest and big paradrop squad )

For Commander assest as I suggest you to add parameter you can leave only 1 assest for paradropping repair tank not more (if assest disabled)

limit the use of self heal and other assest, it's not so fun to take town just paradropping squad inside it, we have artillery computer, why use the commander suppression assset when you can arrange with your team?

increase the cost of artillery vehicles (if you raise the cost of MHQ you should raise the costd of arty items )

the mortar can't be reloaded I try in different way ... close to supply center/depot area, or close to Ammo truck

I'm working on my mission and I just give you some tips, because I like to play also your stand alone in pubblic servers and I think that some of those chages can increase the fun, and the challenge...

thank you for your work

Rubber

If I could make a quick response based on actual gameplay:

The BLUFOR team has much quicker access to more powerful (with Mando Missile) attack helicopters and aircraft. OPFOR's end game is still stronger with the nuke, but a focused combined-arms team of BLUFOR players using Abrams tanks and Apaches (mid-round technology, mind you) should be able to keep OPFOR's income low enough that the $150,000 nuke never comes into play.

Additionally, the nuke is more fun than useful IMO. It can make for a spectacular close in an OPFOR victory, nuking BLUFOR's final stronghold towns, but it alone can't guarantee victory.

Thanks for the explanations. Nice to know Blue are getting a toy of their own soon!

Overall, this has been the most fun Warfare mod I've played :)

If BLUFOR air power is too strong, how about allowing OPFOR to buy and deploy mando guns (they can be assigned to a vehicle, no turret models are required)?

Thanks for the explanations. Nice to know Blue are getting a toy of their own soon!

Overall, this has been the most fun Warfare mod I've played :)

Good to hear that people enjoy this!

If BLUFOR air power is too strong, how about allowing OPFOR to buy and deploy mando guns (they can be assigned to a vehicle, no turret models are required)?

I wouldn't say Bluefor is too strong. It's all part of Asymmetrical balance. Opfor has more than enough tools to take out Bluefor Air:

- Ural ZU-23

- Shilka

- Tunguska

- TOR-M1

You are doing great job by balacing blue and reds, keep up the goood work...

anyone who wants to play search in filter server : Tv-2

and mando system is exactly what this game needs ;)

cheers

You are doing great job by balacing blue and reds, keep up the goood work...

anyone who wants to play search in filter server : Tv-2

and mando system is exactly what this game needs ;)

cheers

Hi Marko ;)

nice server to play with...

some drunken commander but ok hehehe :D

hello rubber, yeah we had awesome moments back there :)

see you at the battlefield today :P

Hi Goss, I installed Framework and used your download manager tool, the version on it is 3.01 ? if yes why you don't change the name?

Forgot to :)

for example raise the hq redeploy cost

HQ Redeploy cost will be selectable via Parameter in 3.02.

the cost raised for AA/AT pod, remove from engineer build option all the weapons add some fortify option like sandbags and similar, not so fun to place everywhere AA/AT defences as mushrooms, If you want you can enable only engineer the construction menu of repair truck and you can allow only engineer to repair vehicles with/without rep truck but remove the building option anywhere without rep truck.

To be honest, I prefer to keep the engineer and repair truck how they are. Building weapons is the engineer's only real perk due to the fact that the BIS repair function is next to useless IMO. Prices of all defenses will be raised in an upcoming version anyways.

Allow the Team Leader only a small squad and in his area max radious 1km everywhere on the map, and as team leader remove the assest to attack and move two only assets 1 transport vehicle little 1 transport vehicle bigger with really higher cost than normal AF due to aviation and logistic cost of air insertion... (if assest parameter is disable you can remove attack assest and big paradrop squad )

Yeah, I'm not really feeling that idea. Feel free to make those changes yourself though.

For Commander assest as I suggest you to add parameter you can leave only 1 assest for paradropping repair tank not more (if assest disabled)

All commander assets can be disabled via a parameter in 3.01. If you want to further tweak, go for it.

limit the use of self heal and other assest, it's not so fun to take town just paradropping squad inside it, we have artillery computer, why use the commander suppression assset when you can arrange with your team?

Self-Heal costs quite a bit for what it does and it has a usage timeout. Artillery Computer and Assets can be disabled via parameters in 3.01.

increase the cost of artillery vehicles (if you raise the cost of MHQ you should raise the costd of arty items )

Artillery is pretty expensive as it is, plus then you rearm it via the Support Menu and it costs quite a bit more.

the mortar can't be reloaded I try in different way ... close to supply center/depot area, or close to Ammo truck

I'll look into that

I'm working on my mission and I just give you some tips, because I like to play also your stand alone in pubblic servers and I think that some of those chages can increase the fun, and the challenge...

I think a lot of these changes are neat, but I've been playing warfare since ArmA 2's release and I've been playing the CTI gamemode since a bit after it's release in OFP. All these current changes in GW have been made due our experiences from what we've noticed while playing. I invite you to continue making changes to your own variant :)

Sorry mate, I don't want that you take as a criticism to your work, and of course I will continue to develop my own edition, you obviously can choose what can fit your mission and what can give you just an idea :)

When you start flying you will earn a lot of cash from aircraft kill about 50k for planes and 30k for choppers, this, with city ratio min/flown cash give to your side enought money to build ton's of vehicles aa pod and arty unit, so it's for this reason that I want to balance the gameplay increasing their cost... My mission goal is to give it's best in organized team challenge 10 vs 10, of course a mission played in pubblic server with random people is different, and yours works fine and balanced it's for this reason that I can with my limited scripting skills arrange to tournament.

Maybe I could misunderstand your last phrase...

You don't want further tips because you play warfare since arma 2 ? And I must to keep "tips" for my own release ?

Sorry mate, I don't want that you take as a criticism to your work, and of course I will continue to develop my own edition, you obviously can choose what can fit your mission and what can give you just an idea :)

I didn't take it as criticism, I'm just saying it's not the direction I'd like the mission to official go, but feel free to make the changes yourself.

Hey there everybody!

My early christmas present to all of you: Warfare 3.01!

* Bug #15300: Capture Town/Camp Messages still in KB Voices

* Bug #15301: Town under attack says Building under attack

* Bug #15437: Some statics build twice

* Bug #15438: [Lingor] Minimum towns for Air not proper value

* Bug #15439: Lynx is going to manual fire in mando HUD

* Bug #15440: Mando flare can be heard from too far away

* Bug #15441: Mando Missile Warning sounds too loud

* Bug #15445: Incorrect Prices on Engineer/Defense structures

* Bug #15464: Logistics is not lowering Support Menu Costs

* Bug #15471: [Lingor] Starting Distance too Far

* Bug #15472: Command Message about Building Destruction

* Bug #15545: Militia Strike units do not attack the selected town

* Bug #15550: Incorrect Calculation of Client Funds in certain cases

* Bug #15551: [Chernarus] Towns for Air value wrong

* Bug #15555: Shilka spawn without crew

* Bug #15651: Camps' Flag textures don't change on Town Capture

* Bug #15653: M16A4 and M16A4_ACOG Not Appearing in Equipment after Purchase

* Bug #15672: TOR-M1 Still had ZSU Gun

* Bug #15677: Unlock - Lock -Attach Vehicle "auto pop" (as warfare menu)

* Feature #15499: Add PMC Content

* Feature #15500: New Upgrade: ION Contract

* Feature #15561: Parameter: Commander Assest

* Feature #15562: Parameter: sell buildings

* Feature #15655: Parameter: SCUD Missiles

* Feature #15658: New Camp Flag Textures

* Feature #15844: New Vehicle: Support Truck

* Support #15463: Update German Stringtables

* Task #15461: Tweak Income rates per Rank

* Task #15462: Prevent "Warfare Menu" from popping up on the screen

* Task #15467: Optimize Chernarus

* Task #15470: Militia Strike on Temperate Worlds should be Chedaki troops

* Task #15473: Communications Towers have different Radii per Island

* Task #15501: Condense Basic Paradrop and Advanced Paradrop into 1 upgrade

* Task #15652: Militia Strike AI Control

* Task #15657: Replace Bluefor "Heavy Armor" Upgrade Icon

* Task #15659: Increase Amount of Armor in Occupational Forces

* Task #15671: Convert HAWK to Rapier Missile System

* Task #15843: Remove BIS Rearm, Repair and Refuel Vehicles

* Task #15919: Nuke's Fallout effect will end after an Hour

* Task #15922: Lower Opacity of Nuclear Fallout

Download: http://thegamewardens.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=13

Thank you... for me it's a really appreciate christmas present :)

let's play !!!

( I hope that your team TGW will join the warfare tournament )

cheers

Alessio

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

download link does'nt work I will try with your dowloader

:)

Yeah sorry, I had to temporarily take away all downloads so MOR could fix a couple of german strings.

I'll post when they are back up :)

EDIT: Download links are back up. Enjoy!

Edited by GossamerS