Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

better not...that way you have them all activated in no time by players just flying over. If you dont like the range check your tactics...just wait outside and send a single A.I. in to trigger.

Yeah, sending an AI works, but isn't very practical when you are flying around in an apache scanning for Hellfire-targets. Sometimes i buy cheap helis just to activate towns.

I would actually want a parameter something like "Towns always activated". :) But that would probably crash even a NASA computer. :)

That's the point with parameters. You change them!

The original Warfare from BIS have a parameter for town range so that is probably not to hard to implement. Yeah, and Benny for that matter.

Edited by Posta

GossamerSolid

Is it possible to add a option to change your A.I.'s loadout like in Benny's or Zero G's version of warfare? I simply don't like my men using different ammo from me since I use them as mobile ammo crates and weapon carriers for tripod mounted stuff ;)

I wasn't planning on doing anything with that, but it could be something for the future. Just don't expect to see it in the upcoming version :). I'd just like to add I'm leaning towards "not happening" as what you use them for, engineers can already do. Engineers can build statics and in 3.02 release they can build an ammo dump (mobile equipment purchase).

The town activation script could be changed so that towns get not activated by air units (like in the current warfare be 2.067). What you think about it?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16954

That sounds good, I'll try to get that in for 3.02

Edited by GossamerSolid

To all Gossamer's Warfare players out there:

Has anybody had the whole "Delayed Initialization" on JIP players since 3.02.b2+ ?

I haven't seen it myself anymore, but I'm just wondering if it's still plaguing other players.

Incase you do not know what I'm talking about, basically a player would join later in the match and they would be in the "Safe Zone" without the Warfare Menu and the default loadout for the class. If they tried to respawn, they would simply just respawn in the same place they were in.

So if you are still having that problem, please tell me.

Nukes are silly in a tactical shooter, but since they are in why not make them realistic.

If a nuke is used on a town, that town does not produce supply or money anymore for either side...its a dead town.

Nukes are silly in a tactical shooter, but since they are in why not make them realistic.

If a nuke is used on a town, that town does not produce supply or money anymore for either side...its a dead town.

In this case you have to apply the same rule for towns that are flatened by Artillery.

Currently the flattening appears quite often and I always found this a bit pointless to fight on for piles of rubble.

But since this is only a game and most player tend for unrealistic extremes measure im nut sure it would change something at all.

Reminds me of thre hangars in BE and ZGM...when buy at hangars was enabled some "smartass" always started to kill the hangars with Arty at mission start.

Another thing that bugs me a bit is that Gossamer mission turns into air Quakte much faster as BE or ZGM ever did...is this by intention?

The amount of Money you get with Time is also incredible, since i Play infanrty onla i often end up with moren then 200.000 on the shelf and that despite I often send money to commander.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Yeah, sending an AI works, but isn't very practical when you are flying around in an apache scanning for Hellfire-targets. Sometimes i buy cheap helis just to activate towns.
Lst tiem i played this it deemd me that you're not supposed to play this game on your own... basically you have to think about coordinating your helo attack with ground forces...in other terms...wait till ground commanders call you in.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Lst tiem i played this it deemd me that you're not supposed to play this game on your own... basically you have to think about coordinating your helo attack with ground forces...in other terms...wait till ground commanders call you in and don't starve the servers fps by activating as much towns in a as short time as possible. Such behaviour kills the gameplay for all players.

@ Gossamer

The feature to alter the A.I.'s loadout has another good reason. I use to remove sidearms from the FR and Deltas to make sure they don't get stuck, also the higher skilled A.I. (and I guess you kept the higher skill of Deltas or FR) works generally better with AT-Weapons...and im simply hate SCARS... so i tend to equip all my A.I. with M4, M16 for the correct look of it ;)

I have to confess I'm one of the guys that tend to do adventuring a bit in these Warfare missions that's why I prefer Gossamer's by now simply because its mostly played without fast travel so you actually have to bring your Squad from A to B and you can have contact with enemy in all types of terrain, not only in towns. I tend to believe that it is most effective to kill a enemy out of reach of a respawn point.

PS: The crashes did not happen again, seems like one of the latest beta patches solved it.

Edited by Beagle

That's not a half bad idea, but nukes are already pretty deadly as it is.

@ Gossamer

The feature to alter the A.I.'s loadout has another good reason. I use to remove sidearms from the FR and Deltas to make sure they don't get stuck, also the higher skilled A.I. (and I guess you kept the higher skill of Deltas or FR) works generally better with AT-Weapons...and im simply hate SCARS... so i tend to equip all my A.I. with M4, M16 for the correct look of it ;)

I have to confess I'm one of the guys that tend to do adventuring a bit in these Warfare missions that's why I prefer Gossamer's by now simply because its mostly played without fast travel so you actually have to bring your Squad from A to B and you can have contact with enemy in all types of terrain, not only in towns. I tend to believe that it is most effective to kill a enemy out of reach of a respawn point.

For now as a temp fix, I can offer removing the pistols from all infantry and maybe making a Delta Force/Spetznaz/Etc AT soldier with a SMAW/Metis/etc.

Making custom AI loadouts is pretty low on my priority scale at the current moment. It is a good idea though, I'll give you that.

Bug:

Paradropped Repair Truck is locked and cant get unlocked by the commander. No unlock option in the middle mouse menu.

Bug:

Paradropped Repair Truck is locked and cant get unlocked by the commander. No unlock option in the middle mouse menu.

Noted and now fixed for 3.02 release

Another more cosmetical and maybe only personal issue...the player slots.

More than half of the Slots on opfor use the BAF models...this guys look blurry for me since I don't have BAF yet...and playing as a blurry guy is simply not appealing. ANother unconvenience is the "russian army Leader" using the Lopotev model.

C'mon a man in a leisure suit?!

The only way to make this pimp look right is with the golden AK and golden Revolver.

Another more cosmetical and maybe only personal issue...the player slots.

More than half of the Slots on opfor use the BAF models...this guys look blurry for me since I don't have BAF yet...and playing as a blurry guy is simply not appealing. ANother unconvenience is the "russian army Leader" using the Lopotev model.

C'mon a man in a leisure suit?!

The only way to make this pimp look right is with the golden AK and golden Revolver.

I'm pretty sure you meant Bluefor uses BAF. This is only the case for woodland levels as there is NO working Woodland USMC Engineer class. So I have to use BAF woodland.

The Lopotev model is the favourite of one of the devs so it'll probably end up staying in there. If you wish to modify the level, you are more than welcome to :)

Well o.k. you just made me order BAF and PMC tomorrow to get rid of the blurryness ;)

Well o.k. you just made me order BAF and PMC tomorrow to get rid of the blurryness ;)

Hey look at that, I made BIS some money!

You wouldn't regret getting BAF anyways, it was a pretty good DLC.

Hi!

How to make AI play for free spots?

From the FAQ in the first post

Q: When do AI Teams Spawn? I don't see them anywhere!

A: Gossamer's Warfare does not have AI Team Leaders.

Q: Where is the AI Commander?

A: Players have to be the commander, there is no AI commander, nor are there plans for it.

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I didn't read teh FAQ!

Not a big deal, it's just so you know for the future.

Hey guys, I thought I'd stop by to list some of the changes that will be in 3.02 release that you HAVEN'T yet seen from the betas. I'll list some key points and then go a little more into detail.

* New Buy Menu

* New Off Map Assets System

* Upgrade Menu fixes

* New Engineer Features

* Town Activation Changes

New Buy Menu

You can see a semi-recent picture of it a few pages back in the thread. It hasn't changed by much since that picture. There is a new inclusion in the buy menu, the Lock/Unlock button. Basically you can choose to have your vehicle locked or unlocked from the start. It was requested a few times now, so I thought I'd finally implement it.

New Off Map Assets System

The new system's GUI is not done yet, so I have not posted any pics of it. You can now fine tune your Off Map barrage with a variety of options, such as: Shell Type, Shell Count, Rate of Fire, Delay between Warning Smoke and First Payload and Radius of strike. I'll try to get screenshots and video of it tommorow so you can see what it's like.

Upgrade Menu Fixes

There were a few problems with the Upgrade Menu since version 3.00's large changes. The first one was the most noticeable one, being that you got an error when opening the buy menu. It complained about a divide by zero error. This was caused because due to the new upgrade system, I had to change the configs for factory units and in which I put -1 as a value meaning the unit is unlocked without research. It was then trying to find the index -1 in an array, which doesn't exist. I have since fixed that issue so you won't see any errors anymore.

A few smaller fixes were implemented as well. If an upgrade was disabled, the upgrade had no description text when you mouse overed it. Now it will say that the upgrade has been disabled so players now. Aside from those fixes, the Upgrade Time Remaining will now hide itself if the timer is at 0 seconds (no current upgrade going) and you will be able to see which upgrade is currently in progress right under that.

New Engineer Features

One of my biggest complaints about the BIS engineer repair action is that, well, it's next to useless. It only partially repairs the unit, which makes it still usually broken to a point where it cannot be used. I have fixed this by re-including the Vehicle repair script I had in Gossamer's Warfare prior to version 1.54 of OA. The "Advanced Repair" action will fully repair units. It is unlocked at the rank of "Captain".

Another nice new feature for the engineer is the Ammo Dump building which can be found in the Engineer build menu. It provides access to the Equipment purchase menu as long as you are within 15m of the Ammo Dump. This building costs the engineer $10,000 and will NOT act as a respawn point.

Town Activation Changes

There have been a couple of small tweaks made to Town Activation. First off, Air units can no longer set off towns and they can not capture towns as well. This means that Air players cannot just activate a town and milk it for cash. The Air role should be used as support and not lonewolf.

Town AI will now activate when the player is further away from the city (to prevent units popping up in your face) and they will spawn closer to the center of town (depot). There is also more heavy armor in towns to make it harder for players to Quick Capture.

You can see a full list of changes here:

http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/866

These changes seem to be very interesting (especially for the late game). Perhaps some testing this weekend? :cool:

These changes seem to be very interesting (especially for the late game). Perhaps some testing this weekend? :cool:

I told MOR earlier that I'd probably enlist you guys plus my guys for possible testing tonight.

I'll xfire you later with specifics.

New Tactical Assets system. I took a small video for you. Might be a little quiet

LumF1ILteS4

Special Thanks goes out to the (GP) - Ground Pounders community for helping test 3.02 tonight!

With the results from the test, 3.02 will be more polished and ready to be released fairly soon!

Based on last night's games, I can confidently say there are many great changes coming down the pipe. I particularly enjoyed the new interface options (i.e. units, commander, team leader, etc.) and increased town spawn range.

Thanks again for your hard work TGW!

A small update,

I'm just waiting on German translations for the stringtable and then I will proceed to release 3.02!

I'm really excited for this version to be released because I feel that it is one of the most polished/balanced/awesome versions of GW yet.

I'll post again tommorow when it is released, with further details!

Version 3.02 has been released!

Changelog

* Bug #15304: Upgrades System - Divide by Zero Error

* Bug #16010: USMC Team Leaders Paratroop US Army and not USMC troops

* Bug #16011: Commander Paradrops are All Desert vehicles

* Bug #16027: "NO PLAYER" slots left on map

* Bug #16062: [Zargabad] Mission only has 23 player slots

* Bug #16069: Su-34 had ECM

* Bug #16087: When an Enemy captures a Camp, it says "Camp Captured"

* Bug #16094: Mass Conscription Lvl 2 cost 1 Supply

* Bug #16444: MHQ being collected by the Garbage Collector

* Bug #16514: Camp Captured/Camp Lost sound sometimes doesn't play

* Bug #16527: Building Destroyed messages only broadcasted to "enemy" team

* Bug #16547: Support truck cannot tow vehicles

* Bug #16567: Supply Value in Team Menu while on Bluefor didn't work

* Bug #16570: If a Respawn point is lost and the player had it selected, they will still spawn there

* Bug #16574: Respawn Menu is Pointing to the Off Map

* Bug #16688: USMC Engineers lack Repair Function

* Bug #16736: Support Menu Error when No Units in Range

* Bug #16755: Jackal GMG had Desert Skin in Temperate Worlds

* Bug #16772: FIX Halo doesn't work almos 80% of time

* Bug #16790: M8 TWS SD & M8 Holo SD on opfor V.3.01b1

* Bug #16824: Paradrop vehicles sometimes Blow up on Call-in

* Bug #17046: MHQDEPLOYED variable used Twice in different context

* Bug #17047: MHQ Teamkill message reported "ANY" instead of "MHQ"

* Bug #17135: Paradrop Support Truck cannot be unlocked

* Bug #17150: When an Upgrade was disabled, it had no description

* Bug #17151: Upgrade Time still showing when no upgrades running

* Bug #17273: Factory was within Communications Range, but Players were unable to build out of them

* Bug #17477: AI are not using Skill level set in CommonConstants

* Feature #15459: Parameter: Change starting money/supplies

* Feature #16009: Parameter: Attack Aircraft

* Feature #16196: Late Joiners will have the Respawn Menu on Join

* Feature #16334: Unflip AI units via Unit Camera

* Feature #16551: Show which upgrade is in progress in Upgrade Menu

* Feature #16740: All Map Controls do not show Map Textures

* Feature #16769: Engineer: Advanced Vehicle Repair

* Feature #16770: Engineer: Ammo Dump

* Feature #16792: New Island: Fallujah

* Feature #16793: New Island: Capraia

* Feature #16898: Add Locked/Unlocked button to Buy Menu (for Vehicles)

* Feature #17479: Parameter: AI Skill Level

* Support #15463: Update German Stringtables

* Support #15558: Italian Stringtable

* Support #16193: German Voice acting for Camp Captured, Camp Lost and City Under Attack

* Task #15657: Replace Bluefor "Heavy Armor" Upgrade Icon

* Task #16006: Remove PMC Upgrade and Units

* Task #16026: Decrease Delay between Warning Smoke and Payload arrival

* Task #16028: Further prevent the "Respawn" Bug

* Task #16029: Raise Launch Position of TOR and Rapier missiles

* Task #16084: Decrease Delay of MHQ Repair

* Task #16085: Re-Design Off Map Assets System

* Task #16232: Remove Gear from MHQ

* Task #16313: Decrease Spawn Radius of Resistance/Occupational forces

* Task #16445: Investigate Attach positions for all Lifter Vehicles

* Task #16515: [Zargabad] Increase Communication Tower range

* Task #16516: Varying camp respawn distances per Island

* Task #16522: Reduce File Size of Missions

* Task #16549: New Town AI Patrol Script

* Task #16550: Decrease Price of Dragon Missile Launcher

* Task #16683: Make New Island Implementation Easier

* Task #16717: Cache Initialization Scripts

* Task #16737: Attach and Detach Actions are More Responsive

* Task #16767: Re-Design Buy Units Menu

* Task #16771: Light Factory: Add boats back in

* Task #16825: Make paratroopers' creation point at [0,0,0]

* Task #16892: Add Extra Magazine of FFAR to UH-1Y

* Task #17040: Air Units will not Activate Towns anymore

* Task #17042: Resistance units Spawn Range Increased

* Task #17048: Max Height of Engineer/Medic/Support Truck COIN interface decreased

* Task #17265: Increase cost of higher ranks

* Task #17272: Disallow Off Map Asset marker from being placed outside of Communications Range

* Task #17379: Decrease Bounty Awards per Rank

Downloads

[Version 3.02] Official Updater Tool - Download

[Version 3.02] Official Mirror - Download