Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

@Beagle

Have you tried getting in a TOR/Rapier?

Get one or two of these babies up and you can deny a big part of the map for aircrafts.

You whine your ass off about aircraft and that they are op but there are so many tools at your disposal that work great to counter air.

Also you are exaggerating this "problem". Sure income is high but stocks of 500.000 and UFOS with shield technology? Cmon man :D

Fujix has got a point.

The TOR and Rapier systems are put there for a reason and one or two of them can effectively clear the map of opponent's aircraft.

Teams have to start working together if they want to win, but you also have to use all the tools available at your disposal.

We usually have one dedicated AA person towards end-game in a TOR/Rapier.

Fujix has got a point.

The TOR and Rapier systems are put there for a reason and one or two of them can effectively clear the map of opponent's aircraft.

Teams have to start working together if they want to win, but you also have to use all the tools available at your disposal.

We usually have one dedicated AA person towards end-game in a TOR/Rapier.

+ well placed aa static-lines in some areas can also be a big counter against aircrafts.

Although I can understand your point, Beagle. On some servers (often when there is no experienced commander), there are masses of aircrafts in the late-game. People connect to the server and begin to fly directly without a pause. If they loose their money, they disconnect.

For this problem, Fruity_Rudy's suggestion is an interesting idea in my eyes.

...Only thing i'd like to have is ppl should have 400 points before they can fly. So they have to do something first.

There is the problem, players in Gossamer's take over the achivements and money from the players that used the slot before them. Thats why you join and already have like 82.000.

And maybe that's why Gossamer's is more prone to airquake than other warfare missions, and it definately is. Making it no fun if you join a game too late...like after 2 hours.

Edited by Beagle

I'm working on UID bound ranking and cash.

Then for people that are new to joining will have an acumulated amount when joining, but that amount will be restricted to a certain value (say $30,000).

That way new joiners will have enough to get started, but not enough to go hogwild on aircraft.

As for the points restriction idea, I'm not all really for that. I'm aware that ZGM uses a points system for that, but I feel that it'd be unwarranted for my version.

I'll have a discussion with some people this weekend and see what we can think up as a solution.

Making it no fun if you join a game too late...like after 2 hours.

If one team has been running rampant for 2 hours while the other team doesn't exist you should restart the mission, IMO. :confused:

If one team has been running rampant for 2 hours while the other team doesn't exist you should restart the mission, IMO. :confused:
Does not happen!

Does not happen!

Then play elsewhere, I guess. I don't know why the other team would have fun playing against people who are unable to fight back. I know I wouldn't.

Yeah if we are goofing around with 4 people on one team and 0 on the other. We'll restart and split up when another comes in so we can play a real match.

It's only fair. Perhaps contact an admin on the server you play on?

This mission would be total bullshit if the other team has been playing against no opposition for a long time then others join the opposite side.

If server admins are playing that way and not giving 2 craps about players who join and play against them they should be ashamed since they're ruining the mission.

I have big problems finding any good servers to play this mission on.

I'm using the ingame server browser, no passwords and such.

Tips? Is there any Gossamer only servers with people on?

Probably not all the time. Just not as popular as some other missions, I guess?

Check out our forums at thegamewardens.net, jump on our Vent once and awhile and see what's up with us. We (TGW) have been doing weekly private matches Saturday nights for over a month now.

I have big problems finding any good servers to play this mission on.

I'm using the ingame server browser, no passwords and such.

Tips? Is there any Gossamer only servers with people on?

I have a "Trusted Servers" list on the front page.

Official server has been pretty dead recently because we've been busy with our schools and such, but there's a good European server there.

I will be adding more "Trusted Servers" as I find them.

If you run Gossamer's Warfare on your server and think your server is well admin'd and fair on rules, please contact me so I can get in touch with you guys.

My tip is to go here before playing:

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Enter goss into the mission filter. 5 populated servers at the moment. When you click on one you can also see which signatures are allowed on it (it shows you which mods are allowed on the server), how long the mission is running and which people are playing on it and for how long each of them is connected.

Example

Server: TV2 - 2 OA/CO Warfare #vote

Allowed Signatures: bi eliassound2_2010 jsrsfa RHI TRSM VopSound wiper

This signatures are the shortnames of well known sound mods.

Weird, SWEC server list doesn't show the official server on it and it's definetly up and people are in it right now.

EDIT: Found it, lists it as "Down", even though it's not. Weird

Edited by GossamerSolid

Then play elsewhere, I guess. I don't know why the other team would have fun playing against people who are unable to fight back. I know I wouldn't.
Unfortunately there are very few servers that have a good setup hardware setup and low ping for me for warfare and there can't always be a Admin online.

3.03.b1 is going to see Anti-Teamstack enabled by default (parameter will let you fully control it. Off, 1 player, 2 players, 3 players, 4 players). Then each team can only have 1 player over the others.

3.03.b1 is going to see Anti-Teamstack enabled by default (parameter will let you fully control it. Off, 1 player, 2 players, 3 players, 4 players). Then each team can only have 1 player over the others.
If this work it will ne a al new experience, especially for OPFOR players that are often outnumbered 1:2

I always wondered how the BLU guys could actually feel any pride over a victory in that manner.

Thanks for the server tips guys! Will look into that this evening.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

If this work it will ne a al new experience, especially for OPFOR players that are often outnumbered 1:2

I always wondered how the BLU guys could actually feel any pride over a victory in that manner.

Yeah, but there will still be a problem when people DC. A standard team switch isn't any good in Warfare. Knowing enemy bases and so on.

Thanks for the server tips guys! Will look into that this evening.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Yeah, but there will still be a problem when people DC. A standard team switch isn't any good in Warfare. Knowing enemy bases and so on.

Most servers kick teamswitchers automatically

My warfare automatically kicks teamswappers. Cannot turn that off.

EDIT: I should probably make it a parameter.

EDIT2:

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about dumbass quitters. It's one thing that I don't know if there will ever be a solution for since players cannot switch teams without ruining the match.

Well when Jman gets his SQL database implementation stuff working in arma 2, I could try to write a mini stats system that also has the quit rate for a player and get their average playtime. Then if it's below a certain level it can warn the server that the player quits regularily and is unreliable :)

Edited by GossamerSolid

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about dumbass quitters. It's one thing that I don't know if there will ever be a solution for since players cannot switch teams without ruining the match.

Exactly my point! We have to live with this. And of course there will always be quitters. Warfare games can be very looooong.

Keep on rockin' Gossamer!

Btw, I really miss something on the OPFOR-side. A light attack chopper (and cheap) just like the BLUEFOR Little Bird. I don't know much about real world choppers. But shouldn't Russian have a similar chopper? I haven't seen any in the world of Arma. :(

The closest I can provide is the Mi-8 w/ Rockets. It's pretty cheap in warfare actually and it has quite the armament.

IF BIS ever feels like adding in the Ka-whatever it's called from PMC to Opfor, then I'll add that.

The closest I can provide is the Mi-8 w/ Rockets. It's pretty cheap in warfare actually and it has quite the armament.

IF BIS ever feels like adding in the Ka-whatever it's called from PMC to Opfor, then I'll add that.

Yes, the Mi-8 (Rockets) and the Takistani Hind are cheap and pack a punch. Not light and swift though. The Ka-60? could work. But I don't think BIS will ever add that to Opfor. But you never know. :)

I've played this Warfare pretty much lately. Most often it works great. But i've seen the following bugs: (not just me)

* Team mate invisible on map. Just one of them.

* Captured town still blue on map. (I joined after the town was captured).

* Team Leader paratroop not working.

Note that they didn't occour at the same time. It was different servers and maybe different versions. But mostly on the newest version. And to be honest, some servers stinks.