Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

I have a weird glitch were any unit with a Ghillie suit disappears or turns invisible, is there a known fix for this?

Isn't this expected behaviour of camouflage?

Isn't this expected behaviour of camouflage?

OH_YOU.jpg

No but seriously! lol

Edit: it isn't just ghillies, it is various bodies.

Triple Edit: I think I fixed it... I think.

ANYWAYS! I do need help adding custom units into a domination mission, I am using the Domination 2 West Revive ACE version of Isle Duala, but it is using Russian Units.... How do I make it to where it uses the enemy AI units that Isla Duala came with?

Edited by Amnesty

ANYWAYS! I do need help adding custom units into a domination mission, I am using the Domination 2 West Revive ACE version of Isle Duala, but it is using Russian Units.... How do I make it to where it uses the enemy AI units that Isla Duala came with?

Copy this

GVAR(allmen_E) =
#ifdef __CO__
[
["East","MOL_Army","Infantry","MOLHQ"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","MOL_Army","Infantry","SpecOps"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","MOL_Army","Infantry","MOLinf_squad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","MOL_Army","Infantry","MOLRPG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","AFR_army","Infantry","inf_team"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","AFR_army","Infantry","inf_squad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","AFR_army","Infantry","RPG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","AFR_army","Infantry","Antiair"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","AFR_army","Infantry","MG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup)

and paste it over this in i_server.sqf

GVAR(allmen_E) =
#ifdef __CO__
[
["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection_AT"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection_AA"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","RU","Infantry","RU_InfSection_MG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","RU","Infantry","RU_SniperTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","RU","Infantry","RUS_ReconTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","RU","Infantry","MVD_AssaultTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSquad_Weapons"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSection_AT"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","INS","Infantry","INS_InfSection_AA"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","INS","Infantry","INS_SniperTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","INS","Infantry","INS_MilitiaSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup)

nice! thank you so much! :D do you have the same for the lingor units?

and btw I wasn't able to fix the disappearing bodies of certain units, i still don't know why it happens, i am thinking of overriding it with http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11424 which works but whenever the person using those skins is killed, when they either get revived or respawn, their skin resets to their default vanilla skin. someone suggested that the init text

this setObjectTexture [0,"\ghillies_for_a_change\01.paa"];

needs to be added to the respawn/revive script of Domination, does anyone know how to do so?

Edited by Amnesty

nice! thank you so much! :D do you the same for the lingor units?

["East","LIN_rebels","Infantry","inf_team"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","LIN_rebels","Infantry","inf_squad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","LIN_rebels","Infantry","RPG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","LIN_rebels","Infantry","Druglords"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","LIN_rebels","Infantry","Antiair"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","LIN_rebels","Infantry","MG"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup)

hey i was wondering if someone could possibly make a video of how to edit domination or could possibly help me on teamviewer because i have read through all these topics how to moddify domination in arma 2 but for somereason i cant even get it working i tryed posting it on the fourms of my clans website but that doesnt work like i exported it to mp but it doesnt work and i tried everything and everything on youtube is just telling me how to script but i dont need that i need to learn how to modify domination. and sorry if this is the wrong topic to say this to but i am new i just joined like 3 mins ago to reply and see if anyone would help me out. if anyone could find a link on youtube how to moddify domination on arma feel free to send it to me but i really dont want how to script arma. and thanks ahead of time

Edited by Foxhound
do not type text in all bold!

Dude. Get that police size down, put some punctuation in there, think about what you're saying so people can actually read and understand what you're writing.

Dude. Get that police size down, put some punctuation in there, think about what you're saying so people can actually read and understand what you're writing.

hahahaha

I ran in to a little problem when I wanted to edit the domination script (co40_Domination_2_61_West_CO.Chernarus.pbo)

every time I want to extract it using cPBO or a other PBO extractor I get unknown header problem, and I can't find a way to resolve it.

any suggestions what I do wrong?

How do I spawn the default crate that uses the x_weaponcargo_oa_ace.sqf contents?

Edited by Amnesty

Silly problem and no clue what to do to fix it :(

I used to open domi missions in cpbo then load them into the mission editor and place in a few vehicles with Tophes Simple respawn script, re pack and it would work.

Now when i do that with 61 domi the server constantly "mission read from bank".

I know its something stupid that i am doing, just staring blankly at it now.

Anyone know what i did or didnt do right?

Hey guys im trying to change the Russians into the Chinese but i have no clue how,any idea's?.....i have the VE PLA mod.

I seen post 1628 but i have no clue how to find the same list of the Chinese.

["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","PLA_InfSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","PLA_InfSquad_H"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","PLA_InfSquad_ST"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","PLA_MR_InfSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","PLA_InfSquad_AP"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","PLA_SF_InfSquad"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","PLA_InfSquad_SF_GL"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","pla_SniperTeam"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","pla_SniperTeam127"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","pla_FireTeamT_Support"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","pla_FireTeam_Support"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup),
["East","PLACHINA","Infantry","pla_FireTeamC_Support"] call FUNC(GetConfigGroup)

hi there,

i need help to turn the enemy marker off,

thanks for any help

anjan

ahh sorry, it is for the domi 261 co30_Domination.Takistan

if i host it on a server the marker still not there

Edited by Anjan-Riot
get it

Hallo

I am playing co_45_Domination_7CAV_RC1-1.Takistan on LAN and only problem i have is that a mission can not be saved :butbut:

i found one mission that dose that perfectly co50_Dominationn_UAV&SECOPS.Chernarus. I need your help guys.

Just please don't tell me that it is already bean answered in this post and if you must please do tell where it is a BIG post as you know.

Hallo

I am playing co_45_Domination_7CAV_RC1-1.Takistan on LAN and only problem i have is that a mission can not be saved :butbut:

i found one mission that dose that perfectly co50_Dominationn_UAV&SECOPS.Chernarus. I need your help guys.

Just please don't tell me that it is already bean answered in this post and if you must please do tell where it is a BIG post as you know.

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

You've already been told this once by the moderators

Your question has been asked and answered a number of time in this thread. Searching it would have shown you this (rule 7 talks about searching, by the way). See links below for discussion on saving Domination. Ignore what AVIBIRD says, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination&p=2064875&viewfull=1#post2064875

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination&p=2160699&viewfull=1#post2160699

and many others.

As I've done the searching for you, I can tell you; No, it's not possible to save the mission. It is possible to run it on a persistent server so that it doesn't restart when there's no players in it.

Yes thanks for searching for me, it is not that i did not search i have and i saw comment from Avibird that he answered this question in this thread more then once i started searching all his comments but i have give up.

And i respect your opinion but did you played "co50_Dominationn_UAV&SECOPS.Chernarus"

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6339&highlight=UAV%2BSECOPS

In any given time you have option to hit Esc and in menu you have Save game and you can save numerous times and if you want you can find your save files in: mine is in

C:\Users\Ivan\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\mpmissions\co50_Dominationn_UAV&SECOPS.Chernarus

in there i have this 4 files

continue.ArmA2OASave

continue.roles.ArmA2OASave

save.ArmA2OASave

save.roles.ArmA2OASave

So i think it is possible but how i don't know. I thin i will find out soon coz i asked the Karmichael mission maker of co50_Dominationn_UAV&SECOPS.Chernarus how did he do it.

And why are you guys all play police on this forum i know about that rule and all i say about it is stupid one.

You are all went to school yes and in your bucks you all highlighted important stuff wright?

There is simple way if you don't see part of text coz white background you just highlight text with mouse for god sake.

I think highlighting small (important) port of text with color is grate for those ho read and i cant promise i wont do it again. :butbut:

Edited by Ivan911

And why are you guys all play police on this forum i know about that rule and all i say about it is stupid one.

:

We're trying to help. I don't make the rules, I just obey them and if I can help stop you getting in to trouble by telling you you might be breaking those rules, then I will try to. I'm also helping you with the question that you asked and I gave you answers. If that's not to your liking, then you can go on my ignore list with the other dicks. I don't care.

You might have noticed no one else writes only in black text? Why do you supposed that is? If you think you're so special so that others have to highlight your text to read it, then you can go get stuffed.

Anyway, to answer the original question further; Domination runs a LOAD of scripts both on the server and each of the players machines. The state of these scripts is not saved properly by the save game routine. Not only that, when you load the game again, the scripts won't initialise properly. Basically, you can't save this game, especially not in multiplayer mode.

No no no i like the helping part and you are like me when i help somebody i go far like you doing searching for me i am just like that but i hate when some people read your thread and see you having problems with something you cant solve and all they do leave comment like you misspell something or you are braking some rules and don't even bother to answer your question that is rude am i wright.

You already helping but can i ask that you go and download MP mission that i gave a link and try playing it in LAN not online and you will see when you abort the mission that game is automatically saves and when you get in again you start where you left a game if you chose same class so if you ware medic last time you get in and pick medic again. And tall me what you think.

As you probably already know missions that you are played once online are stored in

C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

and all missions i have played online i put in ArmA 2\MPMissions and play them on LAN and i have never had any problems like missing script or something like that as i do when i play online i always get some warnings like some missing goggles and what not on LAN never. Thank you for your help Tankbuster.

21007.jpg

The Special One

Rules are there to make you think before you break them

Well, you obviously don't read what people say to you, and i'm not trying to be rude here.

Saving has been disabled in Domination, you can pretty easily re-enable it, but it won't do you much. If the mission is saved, basically the whole "mission engine" is broken. So it looks like you succesfully saved the mission, but you're gonna run into a whole lot of issues after loading it again.

So, you don't save in Domi is the final point.

It seems like he's had *some* success in saving and loading a locally hosted game, but I bet that if he looks at the RPT or plays the game for any length of time, it's all quite badly broken.

Hello

Having some troubles lifting stuff with the liftchopper in the final 2.61ver and also in latest 2.62ver.

Seems i can only lift the 2 mhq's + the mtvr-truck. All the other trucks in base it cannot lift ammo/fuel/repair etc.

Im using the WEST OA-DLC 2.62 ver, and been poking a little around in the i_client.sqf where in the "helilift1_types" array

i used to fix this.

I suppose i should do it under _own_side_west_ / case (_OAVer) but no matter what vehicles i put in, it will only lift mhq + mtvr.

Any expirience same problems ?

Yeah, i had same problem when i transfered domination to Clafghan, i wasnt able to solve it so i used R3F logistics.

Even though I'm not actively working on Domina anymore I always abuse it to test new stuff for other projects.

I've polished those new changes a little bit and made a new version...

So, if anybody wants to try, there is a 2.64 version available at the DH site (https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/18357/DOM264_94444plus.7z)

Some remarks:

• Server and clients must run OA build 94444 or higher (latest beta patch, the mission does end otherwise, if a client connects with a build < 94444 the mission will end for him)
  • If you have a Windows server and the Microsoft.NET Client Profile 4 installed on the server you can use the latest Arma2NET addon from Scott_NZ.
    Install the DomDatabase Addin found in the Dom download into the Arma2NET folder, add the DomDatabase PublicKeyToken to the Arma2NET Settings.yaml file and start your server with -mod=@Arma2NET (clients don't need the @Arma2NET addon).
    What then happens is that some player stats like how often a player has played on the server, kills, time a player has played on the server, etc, etc, are stored in a SQLite database in the server %LocalAppData%\DomDatabase folder.
    If you also add a text file called dservername.txt to your ArmA 2 folder on the server and add your servername in there Domina makes use of it in the mission.
  • The mission will work without Arma2NET too but it still needs OA build 94444 or higher

The DomDatabase plugin does not connect to other servers or trys to build up a network connection somewhere, it just stores data in the local SQLite database.

Arma 2 only is not supported anymore and ignore the Take On Helicopters version currently (it won't run as TOH does not support the new OA additions yet).

The mission is making a lot use of the new publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient commands (and other new scripting commands, like lineIntersects).

The networking system of the mission is completely changed.

Please check the Arma2NET thread if you have problems with "MSVCR100.dll is missing" on the server.

Xeno

BlackMamb

Well, you obviously don't read what people say to you...you don't save in Domi is the final point.

It is not that i don't listen what people are saying it is more that i learned not to believe everything they say. Everyone don't have same knowledge as you know so based on yours

you know it is not possible but maybe someone knows different or more than you. And that is why i have asked this question in first place. I hope someone prove you are wrong :)

coz it would be cool to have save option in Domi and i know you agree.

Maybe Xeno makes it possible one day.