Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

The map is mostly empty with domination since it's all spawned via scripts. The reason it's so small after saving it is probably since you changed the name of the mission which does NOT copy over all the scripts that were in the folder.

Always change the file name first before opening it in an editor if you're going to change the filename.

The map is mostly empty with domination since it's all spawned via scripts. The reason it's so small after saving it is probably since you changed the name of the mission which does NOT copy over all the scripts that were in the folder.

Always change the file name first before opening it in an editor if you're going to change the filename.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. However, I did read elsewhere that I should see some markers somewhere, and I didn't see even one of those.

My goal was to add some more aircraft in. Based on your last statement, I added a chopper and saved the map under the same name. This time I got a file 4mb in size (correct), but the squad roles were reduced to only the two seats taken up by the chopper, and it seems like all of the domination features have been disabled. Any hints for the noob? :P

I can program and mod (not Arma tho), so if I need to start editing scripts that's something I'm capable of.

no, the missions.sqm is not empty - The map is not empty.

Take the tool "eliteness" and extract the pbo file and looking to the left list the "missions.sqm". Copy the contents of the missions.sqm by hand and insert the relevant text into a newly created file or overwrite the old encrypted text.

no, the missions.sqm is not empty - The map is not empty.

Take the tool "eliteness" and extract the pbo file and looking to the left list the "missions.sqm". Copy the contents of the missions.sqm by hand and insert the relevant text into a newly created file or overwrite the old encrypted text.

I was trying to avoid placing the vehicles via code as I would have to manually specify the co-ords. Is there any way I can place a vehicle in the editor without it screwing up the rest of the domination features?

you must at the missions.sqm with eliteness copy by hand.

Then you can add any vehicle in the editor.

The card contains many markers and otherwise, which are important.

here

DOWNLOAD

Edited by S@ndBob

you must at the missions.sqm with eliteness copy by hand.

Then you can add any vehicle in the editor.

The card contains many markers and otherwise, which are important.

here

DOWNLOAD

Ok here is what I think you want me to do:

-Open the domination map in the editor, save it as a MP mission.

-Open my saved .pbo with EliteNess and replace the missions.sqm file with the one you have provided.

Am I correct?

This is what I have done:

-Extracted the domination .pbo file using EliteNess (just as an example)

-Clicked on missions.sqm in the bottom left - however the text box says "invalid file". (Though, for some reason, if I click on any other file, for example license.txt, the text box stays completely empty).

Maybe I've got the wrong idea from your instructions?

And btw, thanks for the help so far :)

- open eliteness

- extract pbo

- copy mission.sqm by hand

- save new mission.sqm

- go in editor und work

.... but above is a download

- open eliteness

- extract pbo

- copy mission.sqm by hand

- save new mission.sqm

- go in editor und work

.... but above is a download

Ok I will try this tomorrow and let you know how I get on :)

Out of interest, why is the original missions.sqm (from domination) causing such problems with the editor?

Dont use custom mission.sqm you will scewup your mission. Xeno uses markers, and triggers, which must be there or some scripts wont work, and your mission will be useless.

Use Elitness, depbo the mission, then switch to mission folder, select mission.sqm, right click on it, and choose Open/Examine. If that dont show you nothing it means mission.sqm is binarized. YOu will need to Unrap it if so. Right click to it again, and you should see Derapify, so click that and in the right box you will see complete mission.sqm. Click in that window, press CRTL+A to select all, and then Copy it. Open Notepad++ ( or other advanced text editor ) and paste all in new empty file. Save it as mission.sqm and make sure not to choose as text file, but use as all files preset. Once you do that replace in your mission folder and overwrite original mission.sqm

Open editor and load you mission. Once again do not touch markers and triggers if you dont know what they are for!

Dont use custom mission.sqm you will scewup your mission. Xeno uses markers, and triggers, which must be there or some scripts wont work, and your mission will be useless.

Use Elitness, depbo the mission, then switch to mission folder, select mission.sqm, right click on it, and choose Open/Examine. If that dont show you nothing it means mission.sqm is binarized. YOu will need to Unrap it if so. Right click to it again, and you should see Derapify, so click that and in the right box you will see complete mission.sqm. Click in that window, press CRTL+A to select all, and then Copy it. Open Notepad++ ( or other advanced text editor ) and paste all in new empty file. Save it as mission.sqm and make sure not to choose as text file, but use as all files preset. Once you do that replace in your mission folder and overwrite original mission.sqm

Open editor and load you mission. Once again do not touch markers and triggers if you dont know what they are for!

Thankyou! This worked perfectly! :) And thanks to all others that helped.

My next question - I have played in some servers where the wreck chopper is marked differently (ie texture) or is a different make of chopper altogether. How can I change the chopper used for the wreck chopper? In the DOMI version I have it looks the exact same as the other choppers, which could cause some confusion.

Also, how can I make it so that a vehicle I place in the editor will become a wreck when it is crashed, and so an be picked up and repaired?

One more question. I've added some planes via the editor, but when I play the map I'm getting player slots for roles like "AV 8B Pilot". How can I stop this from happening?

sorry,

I belive, you should first take small steps and practice a bit in the editor, before you edit the complex Xeno Domination. :j:

I've added some planes via the editor, but when I play the map I'm getting player slots for roles like "AV 8B Pilot". How can I stop this from happening?

Very simple, you need to add planes under the empty slot not add planes, also you may want to make them respawnable as once a player does fly the plane

and get shot down then that will be it for the plane.

sorry,

I belive, you should first take small steps and practice a bit in the editor, before you edit the complex Xeno Domination.

Domination might be complex but for what hes referring to has nothing to do with any complexity or scripts ect,. of Domination,

the concept applies to any mission that you wish to add planes too.

I do agree however he does need to further his knowledge in the editor.

Very simple, you need to add planes under the empty slot not add planes, also you may want to make them respawnable as once a player does fly the plane

and get shot down then that will be it for the plane.

Domination might be complex but for what hes referring to has nothing to do with any complexity or scripts ect,. of Domination,

the concept applies to any mission that you wish to add planes too.

I do agree however he does need to further his knowledge in the editor.

Thanks, I figured that out earlier by examining the choppers that were already there (which I probably should have done first). Could you explain how to make it respawnable? Or make it so it will become a wreck when crashed? If it involves coding I won't be causing you guys syntax headaches, as said before I can program.

I'll take a look at that link also :)

Your welcome, I use a script, and this one in particular:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080&highlight=SIMPLE+VEHICLE+RESPAWN+SCRIPT

all you do is put the script in the same folder of the mission and then add code to the init lie of the plane or chopper

veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

or this code

veh = [this, 15] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

if you want a specific time in which they will respawn, by default on that code it is 15 sec.

or us can use the existing respawn codes found on other vehicles and other planes, just locate an existing planes or vehicle and copy the code from the init line

if I remember correctly there should be 2 numbers in the code, like 300/300, or 600 ect,. 300 would be 300 sec, i'd do that first before you use a script,

as the mission already respawns the planes and vehicles.

edit...

keep in mind that in mp you have 3 options in missions for at least the general aspect, for slots to choose from, you have a player's slot,

then you have playable slots and then you have empty which anyone can get into.

for player slot if you join you will still have the choice on what soldier class you want, even though player spot is specified,

for playable, that just makes any unit (soldier), and or vehicle (plane,chopper, or tank) able to be playable as a class that means you can choose to start in that plane or vehicle or whatever, then theres empty, where empty will only apply to the vehicles and planes ect,. this would basically allow you to enter any vehicle or plane ect without restriction.

However in Domination there are restrictions based on rank, and points as it is scripted by class, so if you place a plane or something down and you get a message stating you cannot fly or drive this... then you will need mroe points or rank, this can be edited in the missions description.ext under the settings if you come across this.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Your welcome, I use a script, and this one in particular:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080&highlight=SIMPLE+VEHICLE+RESPAWN+SCRIPT

all you do is put the script in the same folder of the mission and then add code to the init lie of the plane or chopper

veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

or this code

veh = [this, 15] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

if you want a specific time in which they will respawn, by default on that code it is 15 sec.

or us can use the existing respawn codes found on other vehicles and other planes, just locate an existing planes or vehicle and copy the code from the init line

if I remember correctly there should be 2 numbers in the code, like 300/300, or 600 ect,. 300 would be 300 sec, i'd do that first before you use a script,

as the mission already respawns the planes and vehicles.

edit...

keep in mind that in mp you have 3 options in missions for at least the general aspect, for slots to choose from, you have a player's slot,

then you have playable slots and then you have empty which anyone can get into.

for player slot if you join you will still have the choice on what soldier class you want, even though player spot is specified,

for playable, that just makes any unit (soldier), and or vehicle (plane,chopper, or tank) able to be playable as a class that means you can choose to start in that plane or vehicle or whatever, then theres empty, where empty will only apply to the vehicles and planes ect,. this would basically allow you to enter any vehicle or plane ect without restriction.

However in Domination there are restrictions based on rank, and points as it is scripted by class, so if you place a plane or something down and you get a message stating you cannot fly or drive this... then you will need mroe points or rank, this can be edited in the missions description.ext under the settings if you come across this.

Hope that helps.

Ok that all looks good. Hopefully my last question now.

I've changed the description.ext to allow all player types to fly and placed 3 choppers - an Apache AH1 (from BAF dlc), AH-1Z and an AH-64D. I can get straight into, and fly, the Apache, but the other two have waiting times (28 mins). How can I remove these waiting times?

The other choppers you listed are probably a classname being used in the mission which puts a timer on them for the rank system,

so you have a choice, either turn off the ranks with this code which is located in the description.ext, or find the script that turns of the timer which is tricky

class GVAR(with_ranked) {
	title = "Ranked:";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;
	texts[] = {"Yes","No"};

What Domination are you editing?

The other choppers you listed are probably a classname being used in the mission which puts a timer on them for the rank system,

so you have a choice, either turn off the ranks with this code which is located in the description.ext, or find the script that turns of the timer which is tricky

class GVAR(with_ranked) {
	title = "Ranked:";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;
	texts[] = {"Yes","No"};

What Domination are you editing?

Yeah I've turned ranked mode off. Any ideas on that script? I'm running co40_Domination_2_71_West_CO in Chernarus

Can you link me to that mission as i cannot find it on Armaholic.

also I gtg somewhere will be back in 30min.

Back, downloaded the mission, and am looking through it.

One thing you can do is set it where your the pilot only via this line:

class GVAR(pilots_only) {
	title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1099";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;
	texts[] = {"$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1006","$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1007"};
};

and you shouldn't have to wait.

Theres also unlock all air:

class GVAR(LockAir) {
	title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1084";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;

also look at:

// if the array is empty, anybody can fly,
// just add the string name (var name in the editor) of the playable units that can fly, for example:
// for example: ["pilot_1","pilot_2"];, case sensitiv
// this includes bonus aircrafts too
GVAR(only_pilots_can_fly) = [];

in the i_client script located under the description.ext.

About all I can find related to the timer that you refer too, try without rank.

Back, downloaded the mission, and am looking through it.

One thing you can do is set it where your the pilot only via this line:

class GVAR(pilots_only) {
	title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1099";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;
};

and you shouldn't have to wait.

Theres also unlock all air:

class GVAR(LockAir) {
	title = "$STR_DOM_MISSIONSTRING_1084";
	values[] = {0,1};
	default = 1;

also look at:

// if the array is empty, anybody can fly,
// just add the string name (var name in the editor) of the playable units that can fly, for example:
// for example: ["pilot_1","pilot_2"];, case sensitiv
// this includes bonus aircrafts too
GVAR(only_pilots_can_fly) = [];

in the i_client script located under the description.ext.

About all I can find related to the timer that you refer too, try without rank.

I found it in the descriptions.ext, under (in parameters) Air Vehicle Auto kick time. Looked straight over it numerous times :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:49 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

Ok another issue - when I die, and click on the green circle to respawn, I get stuck in spectator mode watching myself stand there. Any ideas?

I found it in the descriptions.ext, under (in parameters) Air Vehicle Auto kick time. Looked straight over it numerous times

Good deal, looks like I missed it too, but when i got your mission I was looking in the scripts and other files where the ranks are.

Found out this bug only happens when using the slx mod. Any hints, apart from don't use the mod?

I will answer you on my COSLX thread as I did, keep domination with domination, its in the forum rules anyways that

any discussion about a mod in terms of questions or problems should be on its own thread.

Good deal, looks like I missed it too, but when i got your mission I was looking in the scripts and other files where the ranks are.

I will answer you on my COSLX thread as I did, keep domination with domination, its in the forum rules anyways that

any discussion about a mod in terms of questions or problems should be on its own thread.

Sorry, when I made the post I didn't know if it was a domination or SLX issue. I've since confirmed it's an SLX issue by testing without SLX.