Tankbuster

Editing, Expanding and Modifying Domination

Well if those units are named hotel_1, hotel_2 then you have to add them into 2 arrays:

GVAR(player_entities) =  switch (true) do {
case (__OAVer): {
	["alpha_1"...................................,[color="#FF0000"]"hotel_1","hotel_2","hotel_3"[/color]]
};
case (__ACEVer): {
	["alpha_1"...................................,[color="#FF0000"]"hotel_1","hotel_2","hotel_3"[/color]]
};
};
#else
#endif
if (!isDedicated) then {
GVAR(player_roles) = switch (true) do {
		//["PLT LD","PLT SGT","SL","SN","MG","AT","GL","CM","AR","AM","TL","OP","GL","MG","MM","CM"]
	};
		//["PLT LD","PLT SGT","SL","SN","MG","AT","GL","CM","AR","AM","TL","OP","MG","MM","CM","GL","DS","SL","SN"]

I always add them in those 2 by 2 array just to be sure. You can do like i did with // and 1 row down copy paste player_entities array

nice, i'll try that, thank you so much! :)

on to my next question, is there a way to disable the radio tower as a main objective for the AO's? I don't mind them being active really, but for some reason the combination of ACE/DOM2 does not work well with satchels, so I could never activate them or interact with them once I place them, forcing us to either walk back to base to get an a-10 to take it out or kill someone so they can respawn at base to get a vehicle that can take care of it, it's kinda frustrating that satchels do not work, unless you know a fix/workaround for that specific issue?

You can download it on dev-heaven.net>Projects>Domination

There arent much weapons in game, there should be space in ammobox unless you are running ACE then you need to have ACEAmmobox.

Not using ACE, that doesn't help me though, it doesn't change the fact that I'm always missing a shitload of stuff in the ammobox.

nice, i'll try that, thank you so much! :)

on to my next question, is there a way to disable the radio tower as a main objective for the AO's? I don't mind them being active really, but for some reason the combination of ACE/DOM2 does not work well with satchels, so I could never activate them or interact with them once I place them, forcing us to either walk back to base to get an a-10 to take it out or kill someone so they can respawn at base to get a vehicle that can take care of it, it's kinda frustrating that satchels do not work, unless you know a fix/workaround for that specific issue?

Im not sure about that, i think you are going to have to open many scripts and delete the code, and maybe braking the mission i dont know. Satchels are working just fine > you have to place them > look at them > press windows key > attach clacker > scroll down > select safety off > when ready detonate. In newer versions (2.60zc & 2.61) you need about 2 satchels to destroy radiotower.

Not using ACE, that doesn't help me though, it doesn't change the fact that I'm always missing a shitload of stuff in the ammobox.

Maybe you have Ranked mode enabled in parameters. It deletes some weapons from ammobox because you are not higher rank.

Well the reason why I ask is because it seems to be a universal, yet old problem, but if it is old, then why I am baffled as to why I get it (see: http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/8094-the-acreace-satchel-bug/) is there a way to force-disable ACRE even though I am not even running it?

Edit: fixed it, had to rebind to another key that I was using (note: RIGHT-ALT AND RIGHT-CTRL do NOT work for the required interaction key), any tips as to what key I should use? I am currently using tilde (~)

Edited by Amnesty

BTW, is there a way to edit weapon crates in DOM2 ACE?

The last problem I am having is that vehicles do not respawn after they are destroyed, is that a default setting? can I change that?

Vehicles you placed on map or ??

well, both actually, we've never seen them respawn after they've been destroyed, i wonder if there is just a really long timer on them or something, if there is, i'd want to decrease it to immediately respawning or within a couple minutes of the craft being destroyed. do you think the wreck object might have something to do with the limiting of it's spawn?

That script should work with ACE, right?

Also, do you know where I can find ACE weapon codes? I've found the default ones in the sticky provided by a Moderator, but none for ACE weapons.

btw, Thanks for being such a big help, matosinec. I really appreciate it.

hi again, I'm having a problem with the hotel_1, hotel_2 etc. script thing, it seems that whenever i add them into the list, and launch the game, all settings in the game are broken, no vehicles, crates, or parameters spawn/launch correctly. here's what it looks like:

GVAR(player_entities) =  switch (true) do {
	["RESCUE","RESCUE2","alpha_1","alpha_2","alpha_3","alpha_4","alpha_5","alpha_6","alpha_7","alpha_8","bravo_1","bravo_2","bravo_4","bravo_5","bravo_6","bravo_7","bravo_8","charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_4","charlie_5","charlie_6","charlie_7","charlie_8","delta_1","delta_2","delta_3","delta_4","delta_5","echo_1","echo_2","echo_4","echo_5","echo_6","echo_7","echo_8","pilot_1","pilot_2","pilot_3","pilot_4","hotel_1","hotel_2","hotel_3","hotel_4","hotel_5","hotel_6","hotel_7","hotel_8"]
};
	["RESCUE","RESCUE2","alpha_1","alpha_2","alpha_3","alpha_4","alpha_5","alpha_6","alpha_7","alpha_8","bravo_1","bravo_2","bravo_3","bravo_4","bravo_5","bravo_6","bravo_7","bravo_8","charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_3","charlie_4","charlie_5","charlie_6","charlie_7","charlie_8","delta_1","delta_2","delta_3","delta_4","hotel_1","hotel_2","hotel_3","hotel_4","hotel_5","hotel_6","hotel_7","hotel_8"]
};
default {
	["RESCUE","RESCUE2","alpha_1","alpha_2","alpha_3","alpha_4","alpha_5","alpha_6","alpha_7","alpha_8","bravo_1","bravo_2","bravo_3","bravo_4","bravo_5","bravo_6","bravo_7","bravo_8","charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_3","charlie_4","charlie_5","charlie_6","charlie_7","charlie_8","delta_1","delta_2","delta_3","delta_4","delta_5","delta_6","echo_1","echo_2","echo_3","echo_4","echo_5","echo_6","echo_7","echo_8","hotel_1","hotel_2","hotel_3","hotel_4","hotel_5","hotel_6","hotel_7","hotel_8"]
};
};
if (!isDedicated) then {
d_player_roles = switch (true) do {
		["PLT LD","PLT SGT","SL","SN","MG","AT","GL","CM","AR","AM","TL","OP","MG","MM","CM","GL","DS","SL","SN","AR","AT","RM","CM","AT","EN","EN","EN","EN","EN","SL","SN","AT","RM","CM","MG","AT","PL","PL","PL","PL"]
		["RESCUE","RESCUE2","alpha_1","alpha_2","alpha_3","alpha_4","alpha_5","alpha_6","alpha_7","alpha_8","bravo_1","bravo_2","bravo_4","bravo_5","bravo_6","bravo_7","bravo_8","charlie_1","charlie_2","charlie_4","charlie_5","charlie_6","charlie_7","charlie_8","delta_1","delta_2","delta_3","delta_4","delta_5","echo_1","echo_2","echo_4","echo_5","echo_6","echo_7","echo_8","pilot_1","pilot_2","pilot_3","pilot_4","hotel_1","hotel_2","hotel_3","hotel_4","hotel_5","hotel_6","hotel_7","hotel_8"]
	};
		["PLT LD","PLT SGT","SL","SN","MG","AT","GL","CM","AR","AM","TL","OP","GL","MG","MM","CM","GL","DS","SL","SN","AR","AT","RM","CM","MG","AT","EN","EN","EN","EN"]
	};
	default {
		["PLT LD","PLT SGT","SL","SN","MG","AT","GL","CM","AR","AM","TL","OP","GL","MG","MM","CM","GL","DS","SL","SN","AR","AT","RM","CM","MG","AT","EN","EN","EN","EN","EN","EN","SL","SN","AR","AT","RM","CM","MG","AT"]
	};

Your forgot to put this //["PLT LD","PLT SGT".... at front of those 3 arrays

This thread has been really helpful.

Edited by Multifarious

that worked! thanks again mato :)

also, do you think you can elaborate as to where i should put the respawn script? i've never done this before. do i just add the vehicle.sqf into the root pbo folder?

Yeah, and if you open it you will see the settings how to do it.

lol i don't think it's working matos, http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596973544082883360/13C5B55471B56BEA3F357C6DDEEDA48161F41636/ it's been sitting as a wreck there for the past 10 minutes or so.

I don't know if this makes a difference but:

-I am in the editor

-I am using a de-pbo'd mission to test the script.

-I placed the respawn vehicle.sqf script into the main folder of the pbo as is, and did not alter it in any way.

Open vehicle.sqf and start reading from top to contact and bugreport info.

well i am reading from the top, but i am stumped at

Put this in the vehicles init line:
 veh = [this] execVM "vehicle.sqf"

is the vehicles init line within the vehicle.sqf? or in another sqf file? because i ctrl+f'd for it but nothing came up.

Put this in your vehicle init field: veh = [this, 30, 0, 0, FALSE, FALSE] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

Respawn delay

Respawn time when vehicle is deserted

The number of respawns

Edited by matosinec

got it, thanks, i didn't know it went into the actual initialization field per each vehicle, i thought it was a universal implementation once the vehicle.sqf was dropped into the mission folder.

Has anyone managed to rip out the admin tools in Domi for use in other missions?

I have a weird glitch were any unit with a Ghillie suit disappears or turns invisible, is there a known fix for this?