What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Awesome! I like the addition of the whistles from passing rounds. There's a reason why I use JSRS instead of any other mod..

Do your distance and echo scripts work differently if the battle was say, in an urban environment? Something like this comes to mind:

nX2gtblTeqI

Some of the reworked distance sounds. Also its always the same battle but in different distances...

Actually listen to the bradley in it (marked) which will come constituently closer to the player..

LJ

Damn, that is cool. Quite realistic distance sounds, I can tell that from experience.

I know it is quite difficult to implement in a game (and therefore loudspeakers) but imho gun firing sounds are a little bit stronger in lower frequencies. I think it's because of the shockwaves from the little explosions inside the guns. Hard to describe thou.

Damn, that is cool. Quite realistic distance sounds, I can tell that from experience.

I know it is quite difficult to implement in a game (and therefore loudspeakers) but imho gun firing sounds are a little bit stronger in lower frequencies. I think it's because of the shockwaves from the little explosions inside the guns. Hard to describe thou.

Thanks for the info mate. Yes, real guns are much more powerful, even on far distances. Its really hard to create familiar sounds in a game. I guess DICE or who ever could do this, if they wouldnt concentrate of creating Hollywood style sounds. But I dont have such a engine for use, neither the money... nor the giant team, real guns and what ever :P

LJ

Thanks for the info mate. Yes, real guns are much more powerful, even on far distances. Its really hard to create familiar sounds in a game. I guess DICE or who ever could do this, if they wouldnt concentrate of creating Hollywood style sounds. But I dont have such a engine for use, neither the money... nor the giant team, real guns and what ever :P

LJ

Yeah, must be very sophisticated equipment to capture the full spectrum of a single gunshot. And then there is this problem with the weapon availability in germany

Nevertheless, your work is spectacular!

I've been following and using this mod since its release, and what else can I say... I really look forward to this new version! The improvements from version 1.4.3 are impressive, especially the indoor effect, the fps and new distance scripts, I can't wait to experience this awesome mod on my game!

Just one thing, if I may ask Jarhead, can you put back the 1.4.3 optional M4 sound as the main M4 sound for JSRS 1.5, or at least make it optional again? I really loved that one, and I can't feel the new one as much.

Thanks so much for your hard work man.

I've been following and using this mod since its release, and what else can I say... I really look forward to this new version! The improvements from version 1.4.3 are impressive, especially the indoor effect, the fps and new distance scripts, I can't wait to experience this awesome mod on my game!

Just one thing, if I may ask Jarhead, can you put back the 1.4.3 optional M4 sound as the main M4 sound for JSRS 1.5, or at least make it optional again? I really loved that one, and I can't feel the new one as much.

Thanks so much for your hard work man.

I think it is reworked, but I'm with you. The optional sounds is the best in 1.4.3, sounds more real to me. I thought they would be the baseline for early 1.5 since they are much better than the standard. It's hard to describe but the optional sounds has that little extra "realness", those frequencies that make it sound real. The m4 just falls flat in the standard version.

Great work on the mod LJ, on edge here waiting for the release! :D

Edit:

It sounds like they are completely reworked, lacking slightly in the punchy area though. But thats probably just youtube messing with the quality. Pushed up the volume and its there but at a very low volume. Can it be the FPS script masking it a little?

Edited by AndroidSpawn
Went back and listened again

I think it is reworked, but I'm with you. The optional sounds is the best in 1.4.3, sounds more real to me. I thought they would be the baseline for early 1.5 since they are much better than the standard. It's hard to describe but the optional sounds has that little extra "realness", those frequencies that make it sound real. The m4 just falls flat in the standard version.

Great work on the mod LJ, on edge here waiting for the release! :D

Edit:

It sounds like they are completely reworked, lacking slightly in the punchy area though. But thats probably just youtube messing with the quality. Pushed up the volume and its there but at a very low volume. Can it be the FPS script masking it a little?

Don´t worry, YT is messing with te quality. You can hear it in my videos, they sound SO MUCH better Ingame

Don´t worry, YT is messing with te quality.

Damn tube. Apart from being amazing this mod actually creates such a nice enviroment with my 7.1 surrond that my brain will relax and listen in IRL mode. Whilst many games when listened to with good speakers or headphones will give me a headache because it's mixed for "gaming headsets" (read bad bass boost). So thats just another good thing about JSRS, it sounds good, it actually makes you duck and feels natural to listen to.

Thank you Lord Jarhead!

Damn tube. Apart from being amazing this mod actually creates such a nice enviroment with my 7.1 surrond that my brain will relax and listen in IRL mode. Whilst many games when listened to with good speakers or headphones will give me a headache because it's mixed for "gaming headsets" (read bad bass boost). So thats just another good thing about JSRS, it sounds good, it actually makes you duck and feels natural to listen to.

Thank you Lord Jarhead!

You are very welcome ,)

LJ

just an "captain obvious tip" get a decent subwoofer, if u want enjoy JSRS even more! Just got me yamaha hs10w for my hs50m monitores, freaking amazing! So much bass at gunfire, explosion, everything!

i have lg tv with 52 inch lcd display and 7.1 sound system.:cool: i use it when play arma 2 with JSRS mod

just an "captain obvious tip" get a decent subwoofer, if u want enjoy JSRS even more! Just got me yamaha hs10w for my hs50m monitores, freaking amazing! So much bass at gunfire, explosion, everything!

Your neighbours will love you for that :p

I have my nice Roccat kave 5.1 Headset, amazing Sound!

Your neighbours will love you for that :p

I have my nice Roccat kave 5.1 Headset, amazing Sound!

Fuck it, I want revenge on my neighbours for watching EastEnders around half 12 to 2 AM nearly every night. Turn it up and jump into war!

Fuck it, I want revenge on my neighbours for watching EastEnders around half 12 to 2 AM nearly every night. Turn it up and jump into war!

THATS THE SPIRIT! Drill a few holes into the wall just to be sure they can f*cking feel it too!

LJ

The mod as a whole is genuinely sufficient to provide an enhanced experience, keep it the way it is with room for expansion. As for now, it's pretty damn dope, though the specific weapon sounds are what sold me.