What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

nahh... dont overdo it mate :D Dont worry, we understand each other I guess ;) Nice to hear you like it mate, thats the point of this mod!

Jarhead

Now see you didn't understand that sarcasm either did you?

keep it up LJ !

hmm.... nope... haha, perhaps we should communicate using pictures. :D

Hahaha, I barely can hold my self. I was in a SOM some minutes ago, and there was a russian base to destroy, so I called artillery engage firing. So I was taking my group and we where moving slowly away from the base to prevent getting hit by the arty. So and then, suddenly, there was a noise, right over my head. A strange noise, I'm not sure what sample that was, but I will find out. So the noise was coming from far away, flying right over my head away and than - SPLASH, the arty shell hits the ground! You know what that means? I maybe able to insert incomingsounds for Arty :D AWESOME...

Going for some testing now... we'll see whats that about...

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Yap... working great so far. I must find a compromise between the time of the incomming and the impact. But I'm getting closer. Nevermind, it'll work, I'm sure!

Jarhead

Yap... working great so far. I must find a compromise between the time of the incomming and the impact. But I'm getting closer. Nevermind, it'll work, I'm sure!

Jarhead

Can't wait for that. :D

A rather small suggestion, as you've make a superior sound on the armament and vehicles. I'd be more interested in the dynamic environment sound effect. And in ACE I also would like to hear the dynamic wind sounds when in different strength of the wind. Maybe I asked too much so it's just an idea, you don't have to go for it...

Well, I have some sort of wind types in my config for environment, but I'm about to rework the whole stuff again. So I might be able to add small breezes or even big storms...

Jarhead

The final patrol ambush in that video was :butbut::eek:

Meaty sounds, combined with incoming and cracks that make you duck in real life while playing, great work.

Well, I have some sort of wind types in my config for environment, but I'm about to rework the whole stuff again. So I might be able to add small breezes or even big storms...

Jarhead

Really? Wow...

Not sure how the wind sound can be integrated with ACE wind, if you're about to rework then I'd like to see how that happens. :p

Now I never been a big fan of J.S.R.S, preferd CSM.

But (Ther always is a "but" hehe)

That new 1.4 version you uploaded some video of,.... that made me reconsider.

The forrest battle and the helo sound is just bloody awesome.

Now I am among those pure bastards, who cant wait for the release :D

Really? Wow...

Not sure how the wind sound can be integrated with ACE wind, if you're about to rework then I'd like to see how that happens. :p

I suppose you playing with ACE SM? If so, you cannot use JSRS. You would have to disable ACE SM. If you not using ACE SM, dont worry, all kinds of sounds will be handled by JSRS. Also the environment.

Jarhead

I use a few ACE sounds with no problem. Why would they be incompatible?

Because like most mixed soundmods that contain fixed all-in-one configs (not modular) it will fight for sound links from the configs and clash, and you may get part of one and some of the other, and in some cases you might even get odd results such as all back to vanilla.

What exactly do you use? For example:

If you use sounds for weapons of ACESM AND JSRS, all JSRS weapons will fade out in sound after 200 meters and fade into the distance sounds to achive what you've seen in the latest video. If you still use ACE weapons, they may perhaps fade out after 1000 meters... or more. Same for all vehicleweapons. Also for Vehicle sounds on Helicopters. No distancesounds for them. Land Vehicles, Environment, Movement or even bullethits can be changed, also the Radiochatter, Soniccracks and Shellsounds.

A Soundmod is a symphony orchestra! If you are removing an element, you destroy the whole sound!

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Because like most mixed soundmods that contain fixed all-in-one configs (not modular) it will fight for sound links from the configs and clash, and you may get part of one and some of the other, and in some cases you might even get odd results such as all back to vanilla.

Yap! Thats another big reason not to mix soundmods.

Trust me guys, you wont touch another Soundmod again after playing with this awesome distance Sounds.

You really managed to get the sound of Incoming Arty to work? Good News!

Careful Jarhead with how you do incoming sounds for arty. A lot of my systems replace ammo objects mid flight, and some air burst, so if you have a continuous sound for an artillery shell that ends up bursting at 100-200m in the air it could be a bit funky sounding. :)

I try so to handle that only one sound per shell is played with out any burst or so. Its just easy and its a base class:

class ShellBase: ShellCore

{

soundFly[] = {"\JSRS_Sonic_Cracks\ArtyFly",1,0.7,1500};

};

(I was thinking it cant be so easy... why noone else has done this? So there must be a big problem. But its working great so far for me.)

The soundsample has the Artyincommingnoise and than its muted for... 30 seconds. So in this time, the shell has already been splashed, Incomming time at 2500 meters distance from ground ~ 4 seconds. So the Arty comes in and the sound will be played at 1500 meters away as you can see. The thing is, I have to find a good way between the sound and the time I have between incomming sound start and impact.

Oh and because of the Tank shells you may want to say they are also sounds like arty incomming now, but nope, I can address each shell in the config manually. So tankshells have tankshellsounds and artyshells have artyshell sounds....

Only BIG PROBLEM is, there is only ONE sound for incommings... so I better try to make a gooooood sample, otherwhise it may piss me off after a shot time.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

In my experience, the sound of an artillery shell going by is just a quick thump as they pass overhead, none of the shrieking you see and hear in films, but then I've never been on the recieving end of it.

I try so to handle that only one sound per shell is played with out any burst or so. Its just easy and its a base class:

(I was thinking it cant be so easy... why noone else has done this? So there must be a big problem. But its working great so far for me.)

The soundsample has the Artyincommingnoise and than its muted for... 30 seconds. So in this time, the shell has already been splashed, Incomming time at 2500 meters distance from ground ~ 4 seconds. So the Arty comes in and the sound will be played at 1500 meters away as you can see. The thing is, I have to find a good way between the sound and the time I have between incomming sound start and impact.

Oh and because of the Tank shells you may want to say they are also sounds like arty incomming now, but nope, I can address each shell in the config manually. So tankshells have tankshellsounds and artyshells have artyshell sounds....

Only BIG PROBLEM is, there is only ONE sound for incommings... so I better try to make a gooooood sample, otherwhise it may piss me off after a shot time.

Jarhead

There is a big problem sadly. :(

The sounds wont play for people that are far away from the artillery when it fires, so teh incoming sounds have no sounds attached.

Boot up a dedicated server and hook in two clients. Stand like 6km apart and fire from one client to the other. The guy firing will hear soundFly, but the guy at the end will not. :(

oh.... well, thats a big problem indeed. Well I just do all my testings alone to far. So I couldn't test it that way. And I was even just trying the Arty call in a SOM mission. I get my betatesters to test this anyways. If its not working as you say, I dont care. I have done alot and people are waiting... ^^

Bigger problem is, that some of the RU weapons with ACE dont work. I guess its because of some BUrst modes? I was using ACE, ACERU and ACEX and there where some CDF guys or so with the normal vanilla AK74, and they had vanilla sounds. If I take the gun, it have JSRS sounds. I guess there must be an extra entry made in the config or so?

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Yes, the AK74 vanilla sound bug is caused by hidden bursts. I would get your mod to overwrite the sounds for them.

Use Six's config viewer to see what the vanilla config is (don't forget the AK74SU either) and make sure you overwrite all the burst modes.

The most humorous example of this is when your Spetsnaz buddies using their silenced AK74SUs suddenly play vanilla firing sounds... but the enemy fails to notice. Total immersion killer.

Total immersion killer.

I cant tell you how pissed of I was yesterday... injoying my stuff and so, everythings just awesome and THEN..... plob... plob plob plob... :eek: "what the hell is that?!?" Hahaha, the enemies and dangerous things at once forgotten, I ran across the battlefield to come to that guy and see what a weapon hes using.... an AK74... lol

Thanks mate for your support ;)

Jarhead

PS: FOUND IT

In AK74SU, the small one you mentioned. There where no burst entries. I had burst entries in AK74 and AKM and so on.

Edited by LordJarhead

Well I wanted to rework the Movement again. Dont like most of them anymore^^ Mindchanger...

Are there any more weapons with "new" firing modes I dont know about? Or was that only the AK's... would be great to know and not just suddenly stumbling over it ingame^^

Jarhead

In AK74SU, the small one you mentioned. There where no burst entries. I had burst entries in AK74 and AKM and so on.

Yeah, the AK74SU inherits it from the AK74 base, if memory serves. So if you fix the 74, you shouldn't have trouble with the AK74SU. :)

I suppose you playing with ACE SM? If so, you cannot use JSRS. You would have to disable ACE SM. If you not using ACE SM, dont worry, all kinds of sounds will be handled by JSRS. Also the environment.

Jarhead

For what I've remember is even ACEX_SM doesn't include the environment sound effect as well as the wind sounds. I already disabled ACEX_SM long ago and only loaded the game with JSRS 1.3. The problem is, ACE development team never mention if they'll integrate the wind sound instead of the effect only.