What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Well, what did the RPT said? Any errors? Might be an missing sounds or so. Otherwise I go check the config.

Jarhead

Yes I've noticed that when using JSRS I don't seem to hear any sea sounds at all (on any island not just Utes). It's quite noticeable since with vanilla sounds you can hear the sea quite loudly even from some distance away.

It sounds great to me, perfect amount of loudness, my only issue with it is that the sound doesnt play till its a certain distance to you, even though you hear the sound of the engines, made a short video to showcase the "ROAAAARRR powa!" I hear.

mMatsaZleB0

[inside the A10 the sounds are for me to perfection]

If you want a different GAU-8 sound and have ACE, just delete the JSRS .pbo and enjoy.

Guys i have jsrs 1.31,where can i get the update to 1.32 or do i need to download all?thx

Firstly, great work on getting the mod to this stage LJ, really appreciate the time you have put in.

Secondly, I have found a bug:

The jsrs_m4a1 files have some sort of configuration bug in that it gives that rifle and all others that are based off it a 3 shot burst mode that plays the M16 burst sound when fired (even if you are using a M4 SD... and will also effect other weapon mods like the RH416 pack that use the M4 family of weapons as a base class). I found that removing the four jsrs_m4a1 files from the jsrs addon folder gets rid of the problem but also leaves you with the default BIS sound for that weapon.

Would appear to be a config error???? The other m4 files are fine, I have isolated the error to the m4a1.

;1963049']It sounds great to me' date=' perfect amount of loudness, my only issue with it is that the sound doesnt play till its a certain distance to you, even though you hear the sound of the engines, made a short video to showcase the "ROAAAARRR powa!" I hear.

[YOUTUBE']mMatsaZleB0[/YOUTUBE]

[inside the A10 the sounds are for me to perfection]

Nope. Thats ACE's Gau! Not JSRS. Rename the video dude :D

If you want a different GAU-8 sound and have ACE, just delete the JSRS .pbo and enjoy.

Also Nope, not right! If you want to have my Gau, you would have to delete the A10.pbo of ACE. Otherwise ACE is overwriting my Gau. So maybe you guys never heard my gau and givin' comments on ACE gau oro whatever. If you want the Gau in the video above, leave all files in ACE and don't delete the A10.pbo from ACE. Also you don't have to delete the JSRS gau, ACE is putting theire always in front!

Firstly, great work on getting the mod to this stage LJ, really appreciate the time you have put in.

The jsrs_m4a1 files have some sort of configuration bug in that it gives that rifle and all others that are based off it a 3 shot burst mode that plays the M16 burst sound when fired (even if you are using a M4 SD... and will also effect other weapon mods like the RH416 pack that use the M4 family of weapons as a base class). I found that removing the four jsrs_m4a1 files from the jsrs addon folder gets rid of the problem but also leaves you with the default BIS sound for that weapon.

Would appear to be a config error???? The other m4 files are fine, I have isolated the error to the m4a1.

You sure? I thought thats an ACE thing. You testet without the JSRS M4, or without JSRS at all? Do you use ACE?

Jarhead

Are you sure? I dont use or have'nt used ACEX_SM since the early days of JSRS.... I am however using ACE, ACEX while using the MCC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddeth

You sure? I thought thats an ACE thing. You testet without the JSRS M4, or without JSRS at all? Do you use ACE?

Confirmed by running with JSRS as only mod loaded. Using the old JRSR 1.1 version of the m4a1 file the weapon is fine. Using the 1.32 m4a1 file introduces the burst mode bug to that weapon and all the others that share that class.

;1963595']Are you sure? I dont use or have'nt used ACEX_SM since the early days of JSRS.... I am however using ACE' date=' ACEX while using the MCC.[/quote']

ACE has the A10sys.pbo or something like that. This have nothing to do with ACE_SM! Its there! Believe me!^^

Confirmed by running with JSRS as only mod loaded. Using the old JRSR 1.1 version of the m4a1 file the weapon is fine. Using the 1.32 m4a1 file introduces the burst mode bug to that weapon and all the others that share that class.

Ok, thats not good at all. But the RPT did'nt said anything... what the hell. I can't imaging where to find this error, corze the M4A1 file is clean.

Gonna make some tests and see what I can do....

Jarhead

Dayumn that's some bad sh!t right there.... how can it play the ace a10 sound though? I would of thought the A10sys.pbo is the one that allows short and long burst aswell as the different variations of the A10. Thanks for that little slice of info LJ. :D

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;1963610']Dayumn that's some bad sh!t right there.... how can it play the ace a10 sound though? I would of thought the A10sys.pbo is the one that allows short and long burst aswell as the different variations of the A10. Thanks for that little slice of info LJ. :D

I don't know, but after deleting this file, my Gau came in charge!

Maybe you make another Video^^ But aware, my Gau doesn't sound as good as the ACE or HiFi ones ;) I maybe rework a bit this little baby....

Jarhead

Oh yeah *sadface* it is quite quiet, I think a rework is in need mate, if there's any sound you want to be perfect its the GAU8 :)

MarkXIII told me sometimes, or I guess we figured it out together, that you can always assess a Soundmod for the quality of its gau sound^^

Ok, back to work...

Jarhead

Ok, thats not good at all. But the RPT did'nt said anything... what the hell. I can't imaging where to find this error, corze the M4A1 file is clean.

Gonna make some tests and see what I can do....

Jarhead

RPT doesn't display logical errors (because the engine doesn't think there's an issue :)). It will only help you find runtime and syntax errors.

Also I noticed you use the word "corze". I'm not trying to offend you as I know english isn't your primary language, but do you mean to say "cause" as in the short form of "because".

How does it works with Runtime or Syntax, I have no idea of that, CORZE I'm not a scripter....

Yah, its a short form of "because", I snapped it from a chattin' with MarkXIII, so I thought it would be suitable...I know how to say "Cause" or "Because"^^, its just... well, how to say... modern notation? Internet language.... like you say "U" instead of saying "You". Or "U r" instead of "You are"! Hope its not a problem... CORZE of my language is strange... I know ...

Thanks mate,

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

For the impact Sounds caused by 20/30mm I prefer "acex_sm_c_sound_wep_explosions.pbo & acex_sm_s_wep_explosions.pbo". :)

Yah, my explosions are not as high quality a others... I hope I can get you back with PZero mate, he he ;) There the explosion are much better ...

Jarhead

How does it works with Runtime or Syntax, I have no idea of that, CORZE I'm not a scripter....

Yah, its a short form of "because", I snapped it from a chattin' with MarkXIII, so I thought it would be suitable...I know how to say "Cause" or "Because"^^, its just... well, how to say... modern notation? Internet language.... like you say "U" instead of saying "You". Or "U r" instead of "You are"! Hope its not a problem... CORZE of my language is strange... I know ...

Thanks mate,

Jarhead

I've learnt to adjust my english to all needs so although I saw the error?slang I interpreted it for what it was :D

Ok, then it'll be alright ;) Sometimes I cant really understand the shit I write and have to edit the texts again to make them... readable^^

RPT doesn't display logical errors (because the engine doesn't think there's an issue :)). It will only help you find runtime and syntax errors.

Also I noticed you use the word "corze". I'm not trying to offend you as I know english isn't your primary language, but do you mean to say "cause" as in the short form of "because".

So mate, I test it three times now, no errors found! I used all M4's, M4A1, CCO, RCO, AIM, M4A3, GL... everything. All of them have just the Single and FullAuto mode! Maybe there slipped a bad config through in your version, or in the release at all. I might ask you all if you can say you have the same error? I don't have it! Maybe its the config, after a look on it its looking clean so far.

Well I will make the patch ready for an upload. So the last error may be fixed...

EDIT: Ok now I tested it with ACE 1.10 and there it is, the burst mode for the M4. But WITH ACE. Without I have no problems at all mate.... really sad about being incompatible with other mods :(

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You made the bullet cracks wimpy :(

The thing that makes it for me is the sound of rounds going over your head, in real life the crack is loud and makes your ears ring (In game makes you poo yourself).

I know people who play with the sound through there headphones were complaining, but...but....they've ruined it for me :pet5: aaaaaaargh!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You made the bullet cracks wimpy :(

The thing that makes it for me is the sound of rounds going over your head, in real life the crack is loud and makes your ears ring (In game makes you poo yourself).

I know people who play with the sound through there headphones were complaining, but...but....they've ruined it for me :pet5: aaaaaaargh!

Not sure what you're talking about. I haven't noticed any volume reduction.

But download an old version of the sonic cracks if you want. The Authentic Competition watchemacallit has some.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s9ek7a19%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

The three types of errors in programming. This is an MSDN article for Visual Studio 2005, but it pretty much still has application to what I'm talking about.

Thanks mate,

Jarhead

It's not a problem, I was just wondering :)

So mate, I test it three times now, no errors found! I used all M4's, M4A1, CCO, RCO, AIM, M4A3, GL... everything. All of them have just the Single and FullAuto mode! Maybe there slipped a bad config through in your version, or in the release at all. I might ask you all if you can say you have the same error? I don't have it! Maybe its the config, after a look on it its looking clean so far.

Well I will make the patch ready for an upload. So the last error may be fixed...

EDIT: Ok now I tested it with ACE 1.10 and there it is, the burst mode for the M4. But WITH ACE. Without I have no problems at all mate.... really sad about being incompatible with other mods

Jarhead

I think I found the "error" re the M4 burst problem. It is within the config contained in the jsrs_m4a1_c.pbo which was released in 1.32 full. Like you say, you may have since corrected that error, but for some reason for me it occurs even when I am not running ace. Possibly a bad config that slipped thru to release??

PM sent re detailed config entry :)