What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Very nice surprise LJ! Im downloading as I type @ 600 kb/s :). I will try it out ASAP.

I notice that the old version had a key for each of the four parts. (@JSRS_E, etc)

But the full version has only one key. Should we deleted the keys from the old versions?

Ah nice,thanks m8:),but i cant seem to get to the download page,page keeps loading and then says NO DATA RECIEVED,:confused:

DELETE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE! DELETE ALL OLDER JSRS STUFF!!!!! Should be said in the readme...

Just be patient, kelly hereos are working on this, when they have the time to do some more sever links and so on.

Jarhead

I'm slowly going through the weapon creates, trying out your sounds - All sound good, the HK417 12" Holo 4x doesn't have any firing sound, is that down to your mod or something I missed?

Oh man I just downloaded 1.2 yesterday and now 1.3 is out! Hell yah!

Not sure if this falls in the category of things you will fix, but I will post findings here:

All Mk.19 variants have default firing sound.

MLRS firing sound is vanilla, despite the fact that I have both MLRS and M270 .pbos.

Konkurs is vanilla.

The HK-417 has no sound at all. I just hear the casing hitting the ground. Tested with Leupold and Shortdot versions.

SPG-9 and static AGS-30 have vanilla sounds. The AGS-17 has new sounds, so you could just add them to the AGS-30.

I'm not certain, but the AN-2 Colt may still have jet noises in the background, although quiet.

Flying the UH-1 sounds like driving a car, at least compared to other choppers.

The static Metis has a vanilla sound, but the shoulder-launched Metis has a JSRS sound. Could the static version get the sound from the shoulder-launched Metis?

Some of these glitches have been around for a while. If you can't reproduce them, let me know and I'll assume the problem is on my end.

Edited by maturin

M8's with silencer is also vanilla and the M6 Linebacker's Stinger firing sound.

The Sa-58 sound like a beast though :D

Edited by Sethos

README:

(There are a bit of sounds which are still BIS-Sounds!)

Jarhead

README:

Jarhead

Ah okay :) Back to SoA for a while then.

wow the abrams turned out very good!

im just missing turret movement sounds for the interior

and the Huey is a true masterpiece aswell!

Great present on a sturday evening, thanks allot it must have been a ton of work! will test it right now:

popup mssg @ startup: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. hifi_m134

what i did was delete my old JSRS and as usual put all 4 JSRS folders (exept ACE) in 1 main JSRS folder, loaded CBA for some other small mods that are also running (dslexy evasive and hud). And its loaded with the latest version of Comb.Ops

README:

Jarhead

But if I have a .pbo labeled Mk. 19, why would the Mk. 19 be vanilla? Especially when you have made Mk. 19 sounds in the past. I'm pointing out things that are in the changelog that don't work in-game.

Just trying to help, or at least save the issues for posterity. It's an awesome release. I've filled up the entire Desert map with loads of brand-new vehicles. It's like an OPFOR menagerie.

Edited by maturin

yeah :yay:

thank you for this mod sound fabulous, and for your hard work and devotion, I recognized the sound of my video on huey:D:D

Good work LJ, your work is much appreciated.

Dude, this was such a nice surprise, I thought it was at least a month or two till we saw 1.3 :)

well........... SURPRISE!!!!!!!! :D

That was my goal at least... but its hard to surprise some people when everyone is aspecting the release... :)

Jarhead

PS: The HiFi error may appear because you used some HiFi sound with JSRS and by deleting the JSRS you may deleted this HiFi thing too. So thats what I think....

The not-working Mk19 may an error of the config. You tried it on the AAVP? I know its working on this on my side. Maybe you using an different vehicle with an different entry needed.

just one question

i currently have RH heli for the helos but i really prefer most of your sounds

to overwrite this can i just go to the RH cfg and delete the lines related to the helis i dont want to use anymore so that i can keep only some of them and combine them with your sounds?

all solved

wow you got some really nice tracksounds! can hear crushed wood and everything

little sidenote: you can hear someone talking with the T 55 at low RPM

just something minor....

Edited by PurePassion

just one question

i currently have RH heli for the helos but i really prefer most of your sounds

to overwrite this can i just go to the RH cfg and delete the lines related to the helis i dont want to use anymore so that i can keep only some of them and combine them with your sounds?

Actually, I reluctantly give informations about how to excludes or modifing mods of other people. This causes problems and leads to tensions between modders and community!

But hey, usually it should work this way, yes! I personally can only advise this... but its you private thing mate ;) So...

Have fun :D

Jarhead