Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

School shooting in germany!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 26 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is truly said for many ppl here on forum....

my condolences to victims except those of shooters.<span id='postcolor'>

Err....I ASSUME you meant "my condolances to the victims except the shooters"....not "except of shooters". biggrin.gif

Yeah this is kinda wierd....other than the previous incident mentioned I've never heard of this type of stuff happening in Europe. (And we won't mention the dumbass in Amsterdam[i think] that held hostages a few months ago).

Two gun men armed with one pistol and a rifle manage to kill 18 people. Compare that to the shootings in American high schools. Now, either America is lucky that most of the kids there are lousy shots or Germany is unlucky that these guys were steady on the hand...

It could be that the police killed some by accident.. it takes some time for two men to kill 18 people... just speculating.

The dead shooter was armed with a pumpgun and a pistol, it´s reported he went into classes and "executed" teachers and students at will.

This happened before the police arrived at the scene, as special police units entered the building, there were already lying dead on the floor and in classrooms.

The dead shooter was a 19 year old discharged ex-student, after seeing he had no way of escape after police units stormed the building, he took his life.

According to latest news the shooter was not in company, he committed this alone.

Do they know now if there was one or two shooters? Der Spiegel says:

"Ein weiterer Täter sei bei der Durchsuchung nicht gefunden worden. Die Hinweise auf ihn seien aber noch nicht entkräftet."

So they havn't found him and don't know if he existed..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ April 26 2002,16:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is even worse than amok runs in U.S schools, never thought something like this could happen here in germany, 18 dead....<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, cause the germans are better organised as always!

No, but seriously. It is realy freaking scary. And something has to change. Since the reunification we only have had trouble with East Germany. There is not one single factor I see so far that it has been of advantage for West-Germany. We still pay about 10% of our taxes (extra) only to support people in the East, but during the last 10 years nothing has changed. All we get from them is communist parties, Neo-Nazis, unemployment, bad statistics and bill after bill to build up ugly Berlin! mad.gif

From CNN:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Police officers stormed the building and found the gunman dead along with 17 of his victims. Ten of the victims were male and seven female, their ages have not yet been verified.

A room-by-room search of the school is being carried out following reports a second gunman was involved in the shooting, but police now believe the gunman acted alone.

<span id='postcolor'>

I guess it won´t be long till metal detectors and security personal will be standard even in german schools.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ April 26 2002,16:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess it won´t be long till metal detectors and security personal will be standard even in german schools.<span id='postcolor'>

what about rebuilding the wall (dont take me serious, I just have a very one-sided opinion of East-Germany, they suck!!!wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 26 2002,16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what about rebuilding the wall (dont take me serious, I just have a very one-sided opinion of East-Germany, they suck!!!wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I know some pretty chicks over there...

hmmm.... maybe they suck as well

If you check the statistics, such things happen either in Bavaria or in East Germany. I didn´t hear of something similar happen to where i live (Nordrhein Westfalen, Düsseldorf), i think somethings terribly wrong with politics over there, not enough perspective for the youth etc.

In the end you don´t know whats going on in those sick brains planning and committing such crimes like it happened today.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ April 26 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn´t hear of something similar happen to where i live (Nordrhein Westfalen, Düsseldorf), i<span id='postcolor'>

right next to ya, Aachen!

(this weekend return to Lausanne)

I work in a high school and a kid just now at lunch told me "Sir, why don't you go to Germany and get shot by a student." I figure if I hit him now, I could be out of jail by Sunday on bail, and would be suspended for at least one or two weeks, enough time to play OFP and the new huey addon. Nah, I figure I'll just wait until his prom night and I'll crack his skull when he's at the urnial of the hall. Lovely kids I work with...

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ April 26 2002,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I work in a high school and a kid just now at lunch told me "Sir, why don't you go to Germany and get shot by a student."  I figure if I hit him now, I could be out of jail by Sunday on bail, and would be suspended for at least one or two weeks, enough time to play OFP and the new huey addon.  Nah, I figure I'll just wait until his prom night and I'll crack his skull when he's at the urnial of the hall.  Lovely kids I work with...

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Die Alive, I have to tell you that, your name is realy a cool abstrusum! i hope you made that up yourself!

But one thing has to be said, the student that said that to you is well informed and witty! Still, hit him in the nuts!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ April 26 2002,10:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is even worse than amok runs in U.S schools, never thought something like this could happen here in germany, 18 dead....<span id='postcolor'>

and why would that be? preconceived haughtiness?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 26 2002,12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ April 26 2002,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I work in a high school and a kid just now at lunch told me "Sir, why don't you go to Germany and get shot by a student."  I figure if I hit him now, I could be out of jail by Sunday on bail, and would be suspended for at least one or two weeks, enough time to play OFP and the new huey addon.  Nah, I figure I'll just wait until his prom night and I'll crack his skull when he's at the urnial of the hall.  Lovely kids I work with...

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Die Alive, I have to tell you that, your name is realy a cool abstrusum! i hope you made that up yourself!

But one thing has to be said, the student that said that to you is well informed and witty! Still, hit him in the nuts!<span id='postcolor'>

Will do albert!

And no, I didn't make up the name, it's from a movie that I've seen here last summer, it's basically a "Blair Witch" movie, set in a hospital, made witha budget of $500. It's in the Guinness book of world record for being the cheapest full length movie ever made.

-=Die Alive=-

I just watched NTV and they had a classmate of this guy on the phone!

She said that this guy wasnt like lonesome at all, neither was he a weird gothic or stuff, actually he was a pretty funny and intelligent guy, but due to his sense of humor he always got into trouble with his teachers (I mean most of those teachers have been teaching communistic ideologies in the past).

Ouch, that hurts cause it reminds me of how I was in school. I wasnt a clown or something nor was my performance extremely bad, but I hated most teachers. They were so uncreative, without temperament, without fever for what they are teaching. Of course this all changed when I went to private school, there the teachers were great!

he had a handgun and a pumpgun and as far as I know were most people he killed teachers. It is funny to know that even in such a situation he wanted to hide himself behind a black mask. Anyway, screw all those psycologists that you will on TV now all day long preaching their Freudt interpretations. But listening to that girl who knew the guy was interesting!

0,1020,180080,00.jpg

The guy with the shield seems to be more afraid of bird-shit than of freaky teenagers with pumpguns! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 26 2002,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">0,1020,180080,00.jpg

The guy with the shield seems to be more afraid of bird-shit than of freaky teenagers with pumpguns! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLMAO biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Dude, this is crazy. I turned on CNN, saw some school and panicked kids and police and I thought this was some kind of American stuff happening. Then, I saw 'Polizei' on the back of one of the officers.

Germany? Yep, and in the east, like I suspected. I just can't understand what would bring someone to make that final step from ideas and wishes to acts.

from what I gather this was not a pur of the moment thing.. this guy had a sort of list "people who I hate" kinda thing and then at a pre-determined time he put his plan into action.. going to the classrooms where the people on his list were.. etc etc.

and it has nothing to do with guns.. or their availability or lack there of.. if you want to kill someone bad enough, you can get a gun no matter where you are..  guns are to other countries like cocane is to the US.. supposidly hard to get and goverment is all over it... but can be attained with almost minimal effort on any given weekend.

Yes, and what is so strange is that he didnt try to make a great theatralic happening out of it! No great speeches, no big dressing up, but a pure clean prosecution of the teachers he didnt like! (and probably one or two student) After he shot dead a policeman he saw that he was surrounded by snipers and shot himself. Quite strange. And this was a Gymasium (you would probably call it a college) and this guy was already 19 (so nothing to do with stupid teenager problems)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ April 26 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ April 26 2002,10wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is even worse than amok runs in U.S schools, never thought something like this could happen here in germany, 18 dead....<span id='postcolor'>

and why would that be?  preconceived haughtiness?<span id='postcolor'>

Why that would be?

Because it´s one of the single most costly amok runs in school history committet by a teen, not only national but international. Germany is not known for things of this magnitude, until today that is.

If you live in the U.S. you probably havn´t the slightest idea how restrictive weapon laws are here, a pumpgun such as it has been used by the shooter can´t be obtained here, not even with a certificate that allows you to own certain types of firearms.

Such terrible news we are normally used to get out of the U.S., especially as it´s unequal easier to get firearms over there and social distinctions are displaying in a more serious manner than where i live.

I never had to be afraid to be shot in a driveby by some gang or whatever, these things are not common over here, but almost everyday live in some parts of america.

Pink Floyd

Brain Damage

The lunatic is on the grass

The lunatic is on the grass

Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs

Got to keep the loonies on the path

The lunatic is in the hall

The lunatics are in my hall

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor

And every day the paper boy brings more

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon

And if there is no room upon the hill

And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

The lunatic is in my head

The lunatic is in my head

You raise the blade, you make the change

You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane

You lock the door

And throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear

You shout and no one seems to hear

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon