Sign in to follow this  
Bon

COOP 20 Takistan Force (OA)

good morning tfor community :)

i was suprised yesterday, i was waiting for the new map "qom province" in iran. its released now.

the author pack already some missions inside the file.

and what is inside? QFOR 1.05 RC north + south. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117485

have fun guys.

regards

Hello Bon. You've done such an amazing job on this mission it blows me away every time I start it up again. :D

I'm wondering if it's possible as a commander to call in artillery support on a lased target. Spiked my curiosity when the "spread" variable has a "laser" option to choose. I tried selecting it but just called down red smoke on my head (d'oh!). Here's my last question: :P If I set "tfor_max_players" to a lower number will more armor and APCs spawn? For example: tfor_max_players = 20, the min armor amount is 0, and the max is 2. If I'm playing with 3 people armor will never spawn, but if I change tfor_max_players = 5 then will armor be more prevalent? That was basically an extremely complicated way of asking how to raise the random spawn of enemies without changing the minimum number because if I'm playing by myself I don't want to face all sortsa hell trying to take a town.

EDIT: I just realized there's a parameter that changes the amount of enemy vehicles in game. Does that just make more weaker vehicles or... what?

Sheesh that was confusing... I hope you understand my two questions!

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Hi all,

hello NinetyThird,

But I have a problem.

Ported for the OPFOR

everything seems to be working but the pilot and crew member did not sit in your vehicle is TFOR version

version of the CFOR did not sit down only crewman

Could you check this?

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry mate, didn't understand your point. Anybody else? Can someone lighten me up?

Hey JuggernautOfWar,

Hello Bon. I'd like to report a minor bug with the RC1.05. As a commander you can build a seemingly infinite number of buildings of each type around the Stryker MEV. It also seems impossible to "decompose" the AA launcher for mobilization.

I had this issue once, the decompose action doesn't show up especially on the AA launcher. But that is rather a problem with the setvehicleinit command of ArmA. Will take another look into the code anyway. However, that you are able to build infinite number of assets I can't reproduce, would be nice to have more detail on this: which map, the .rpt files, etc...

I'm wondering if it's possible as a commander to call in artillery support on a lased target. Spiked my curiosity when the "spread" variable has a "laser" option to choose. I tried selecting it but just called down red smoke on my head.

The red smoke you see when you call in adjustment fire. It is used to call in precise fire missions. Where the normal "PRECISE" has still a spread of about 25m, you can use the adjustment fire to make the shells hit an exact position. You can also make use of the laser designator by lasing your target, then calling in the fire mission with the SPREAD parameter set to "LASER". Check out the manual for the system, which is... hang on... damn, just search for it on armaholic.com or this forum :p

Unfortunately, the system requires the Artillery operator (in our case, the commander) to be the one who is lasing the target. You can't call in a fire mission on a target lased by another player.

If I set "tfor_max_players" to a lower number will more armor and APCs spawn? For example: tfor_max_players = 20, the min armor amount is 0, and the max is 2. If I'm playing with 3 people armor will never spawn, but if I change tfor_max_players = 5 then will armor be more prevalent?

You got it right. Wiki entry on project page

EDIT: I just realized there's a parameter that changes the amount of enemy vehicles in game. Does that just make more weaker vehicles or... what?

You mean the "Amount Enemy Vehicles" parameter? Easy to explain:

None - there won't be any enemy vehicles.

Normal - guess what

Many - Double the fun. No, kidding. Don't set it to Many. Seriously.

Have fun all you guys, thanks for the compliments.

1. The AI seem to usually just sit next to you while you are bleeding out on the ground. I don't remember this happening in 1.04 so that makes me think it's this version. Sometimes they revive you, 75% of the time they don't. I think this is caused by there being two different first aid options. One the standard games uses, one is just for this mission. REALLY ANNOYING.

2. The M1035 ambulance does not act as a mobile UAV terminal as it says in the config.sqf.

Hello all,

sorry it took so long (but I'm very busy atm). Below the full changelog of this update.

changelog

For people who ported or edited the mission in the past and want to update their ports accordingly may reduce work by reading this:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/takistan-force/wiki/1_05_patch

You can download the missions here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/takistan-force/files

Hello again Bon. Great to see another update today, even though I hear it may be the last. What exactly is different about this version from the release candidate released earlier?

Hello again Bon. Great to see another update today, even though I hear it may be the last. What exactly is different about this version from the release candidate released earlier?

I needed to fix another bug regarding to properly checking for enemies in and around the objective in certain mission tasks. As well as there is now another quick and dirty made mission task which is the same as where you get attacked by enemy attack helicopters, but with tanks.

added: scripts\missions\mscripts\tankattack.sqf

changed: scripts\missions\mscripts\airattack.sqf

changed: scripts\missions\mscripts\destroyfirebase.sqf

changed: scripts\missions\spawn_enemies.sqf

changed: scripts\missions\tasks.sqf

In the Duala version I needed to change the truck for the "bring supports to..." task to an LAV25 so you can reach islands with it, too.

Alright awesome, thanks for the more detailed changelog. :)

Could you please take a look at these questions here for me? Thank you so much.

1. The AI seem to usually just sit next to you while you are bleeding out on the ground. I don't remember this happening in 1.04 so that makes me think it's this version. Sometimes they revive you, 75% of the time they don't. I think this is caused by there being two different first aid options. One the standard games uses, one is just for this mission. REALLY ANNOYING.

2. The M1035 ambulance does not act as a mobile UAV terminal as it says in the config.sqf.

1. Not new. Don't even know for sure why AI is doing it. But when under fire, or enemies are close, AI rather aborts healing and counts the ants. Could be the 1.59 patch which made it worse than before, as it comes with lots of changes in the AI behavior. I really tried everything imaginable, but when it comes down to dealing with unpredictable AI behavior in ArmA2, I always end up searching for aspirin.

2. Then the config.sqf is obsolete on this point. Sorry.

Thanks for the update.

Mission porting tfor_ports_M.7z terrible. and made ​​rude without love. I would be in your shoes to remove them from the Dev. they are not playable

Edited by NinetyThird

Thanks for the update.

Mission porting tfor_ports_M.7z terrible. and made ​​rude without love. I would be in your shoes to remove them from the Dev. they are not playable

:rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for the update Bon, look forward to playing again once I have some free time.

Thanks for the update.

NinetyThird,

you may either

• contact Mosh and tell him how to improve the ports,
  • make it better yourself,
  • leave it if you don't like it.

Just saying it is not good is the type of critics and feedback you wont make yourself friends here. :mad:

It's disrespectful. I hate that.

Bon, ignore him

Your mission and code are fantastic. Thanks for all the hard work. It makes the game that more enjoyable the way you built your mission, being able to move it to different maps so easily and being able to do supply drops, laser targeting, gear loadouts etc.

Keep it up mate.

Is the custom (amazing) artillery system confirmed to be working in conjunction with ACE? Either enabling ACE or due to the recent BIS patch the artillery seem to aim around wildly while they shoot, only occasionally firing at the correct position for your strike. I think the AI gets confused by focusing on targets they can see rather than firing at your coordinates. However the BIS standard crappy artillery system works flawlessly assuming you enable it in the mission file.

Just for kicks I've added an A10 CBU87, an AC130 Spooky Gunship, an M270 MLRS, a few ACE ambient modules such as chatter from units, and a module called "EASA" which allows me to fit any BLUFOR armament imaginable to the A10 Thunderbolt II. I've upped the difficulty as well to counter all the fancy new toys I put in there. This mission is... phenomenal!

Hi Bon,

Hey I just updated my Fallujah V1.04 to V1.05 and I am getting this error spamming my Server Report File:

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.fallujah\funcs\func_getrandomarrayelement.sqf, line 8

Error in expression <ndom (count _array));

_element = _array select _j;_element>

Error position: <select _j;_element>

Error Zero divisor

Can you shed any light on how to correct it? Sometimes I get a Mission Marker and sometimes I don't.

Thanks

Bon are you sure the time acceleration parameter works at all? I'll set it to a six hour day and I've never seen it get dark after playing for about four hours.

Sorry if the question was asked already,

and I know it is stated clearly in the mission description that

"Every player is his/her own squad leader, being able to recruit AI squad members of all types",

but let me recheck - is there no way to play with fellow teammates (human players) in one squad?

is there no way to play with fellow teammates (human players) in one squad?

not unless you change the playable characters into groups in the editor.

change the playable characters into groups in the editor.

k, thanks for the tip.

Hey I just updated my Fallujah V1.04 to V1.05 and I am getting this error spamming my Server Report File:

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.fallujah\funcs\func_getrandomarrayelement.sqf, line 8

Error in expression <ndom (count _array));

_element = _array select _j;_element>

Error position: <select _j;_element>

Error Zero divisor

Hi vengeance1,

if I remember correctly, we had this issue once on this thread. Had something to do with Fallujah lacks of certain location types so that not enough locations could be found by the mission. Hang on....

...Posts 201ff.

Bon are you sure the time acceleration parameter works at all? I'll set it to a six hour day and I've never seen it get dark after playing for about four hours.

I just gave it another test, and all worked properly. Use your ingame clock to monitor the time skipping. The time skipping is done only on server side, and the server takes some time (usually about 30 seconds, but may vary) to broadcast the time change. So it might appear a bit asynchronous to you.

[...]

but let me recheck - is there no way to play with fellow teammates (human players) in one squad?

Yep, no problem. As roy86 suggested, just open the mission in the editor and group the playable units to groups. You can change the unit types as well, e.g. to medics, marksmen etc... But keep the group leader as it is.

You may want to tell me what type of groups you would like to play, in means of number of groups, group sizes, what types of units a group should consist of. Then I could create a version with player groups by myself and upload it on the download section - am quite sure there are lots of people who'd prefer to play this way.

hf.

I really, really love this mission. It encompasses everything great about Arma2 for me. Reminds me of the good old OFP dynamic campaign days.

Mucho thanks, bud.

BTW, anyone have any cool mission ideas or files to add?

You're a darn genius Bon, that did it, I just couldn't find it, thanks! ;)

Love the mission absolutely great template for making new custom missions.

Vengeance

You may want to tell me what type of groups you would like to play [..] Then I could create a version with player groups by myself and upload it on the download section.

There's just 4 of us playing atm :), so out setup probably is not the most frequent one.

Also we've tweaked the mission in a way to 'unlock' the possibilies of recruiting different AI's & having access to commander's assets for every human player on the server (since it's just us - we can keep it cool).

By the way, thank you for the great mission.

A very clean & high quality code inside which makes tweaking it a pleasant experience. Really.

You may want to tell me what type of groups you would like to play, in means of number of groups, group sizes, what types of units a group should consist of.

I think you should just make 6-man fireteams.

1x Squad leader

1x Grenadier

1x AT Soldier

1x AA Soldier

1x Medic

1x Engineer

Have 2 of those teams then make the remaining slots crewmen or pilots.

Edited by zuff