Sign in to follow this  
therev709

SP - Operation Jackal's Hunt

I'm very proud to (finally) present:

teaser2-1.jpg

OPERATION JACKAL'S HUNT

The oil rich nation of Quesh Kibrul is under siege by Islamic Fundamentalists, but the current government is pro-West and the United States want to keep it that way. Lately, US Army Special Forces have been training the Kibrul National Guard and preparing them for a spring offensive to retake the country.

Recently, however, eight tons of US weapons meant for the Kibrul National Guard were stolen by insurgents at Port Salu. Your Combined Special Operations Forces Task Force must locate and retake the weapons before they can be spread out among the insurgent ranks!

I apologize in advance for the long list of addons . . .

To play this mission the following addons are required:

ACE

ACEX

CBA

Desert Mercs and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

HK416/M4/16 Rearmed Pack by Robert Hammer

Quesh Kibrul by floosy

SJB and SAS Units by Jackal326 and SafetyCatch

Extra Units by Mushr00m***

***not in the readme but is required

*Note:* Some of these addons may require additional addons for them to work.

I tried to include those addons in this list as well but I may have missed some.

(While I'm positive I've included all of the required addons in the list above, please let me know if I missed any)

Known Issues:

-Color filter disappears if the character the player is controlling dies and the "Revert or Team Switch" menu pops up and the player chooses to swap to another character.

-Some of the terrain that enemy snipers/soldiers are occupying is distorted when viewed through a scope at long ranges because of how the game engine renders terrain at far distances. This sorta bugs the long distance sniping experience as the enemy unit might be behind a small terrain slope but the player won't be able to see that until they get closer.

Link: OPERATION JACKAL'S HUNT v1.1

Armaholic Mirror:

Operation Jackal's Hunt v1.1

*note: I do apologize for the size of the file . . . it has quite a bit of dialogue and music sound files ;)

Version History

==================

Version | Date

1.1 | 1 Feb 2010

-Greatly improved performance

-Replaced Ace 2 wounding system with BIS First Aid system

-Removed Robert Hammer's Pistol Pack requirements

-Hundreds of minor tweaks

-Improved the final objective

1.0 | 27 Jan 2010

-First public release

==================

A special thanks to the Voice Actors Group Forum

on BI Forums for the ability to recruit such fine voice actors.

Cast:

Bloodhound - JTP709 (Me)

Charlie Rock - JTP709

TOC - JTP709

Gambit - jasonnoguchi

Spook - sle

Ace - MemphisBelle

Hasam - MemphisBelle

Red Rabbit - kMan_(KYA)

C2 - Leandra

Thanks to Ren_(KYA) for converting and manipulating kMan's voice recordings.

Thank you to all of the addon makers that developed the

excellent quality addons used in this mission. I look forward

to your guys' further developments!

Finally , thanks to the great community that contiunes

to improve the quality of fun of Armed Assault 2!

Edited by TheRev709
wrong link

Hey glad to see this released. Sorry I couldn't do some of the voice acting you PM'd me about. Life's been keeping me busy.

Hey glad to see this released. Sorry I couldn't do some of the voice acting you PM'd me about. Life's been keeping me busy.

Its no problem :)

Honestly I'd rather you be working on those Rangers than wasting time with this mission ;)

Wow! Excellent mission man!

Haven't finished it yet but this has got to be one of my favorite SP missions to date. Really great atmosphere, music, and lots of nice little touches abound :)

Probably could use a few more civilians around and I have no idea how to heal my men although I get the option, but nothing happens (not real familiar with the ACE system)

Anyhows, keep up the great work!

Excellent another SP mission! I'll definitely check this out. I love the content you used. I've been itching to use this island with the ACE2 stuff.

Thanks!

hi,

Congratulation for this mission, i really like this atmosphere, animations of mens at base etc...

But (there are still a "but" lol) in my opinion, the level of music is a bit too higher, contrary to the other sounds.

And any help (renfort, support or just ammo supply) would be appreciated for the final objective.

Thanks anyway for this great mission!

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

But (there are still a "but" lol) in my opinion, the level of music is a bit too higher, contrary to the other sounds.

And any help (renfort, support or just ammo supply) would be appreciated for the final objective.

Thanks anyway for this great mission!

You can change the music level in your options menu.

Probably could use a few more civilians around and I have no idea how to heal my men although I get the option, but nothing happens (not real familiar with the ACE system)

Anyhows, keep up the great work!

I'm already having some trouble with performance because of all the stuff I've loaded into the level lol. I really did want ambient civilians but I'm afraid even my comp would crash haha.

As for healing, you can't use the action menu (even though the option is still there for some reason), but use the right windows key to bring up the heal menu. Anyone can heal and examine, but the unit will need to have the proper medical supplies in their inventory to actually heal. Hope this helps!

Oh no, you also have the Extra Units AddOn in there as well. No big deal, I'll activate it again. I stopped using it cause I couldn't tell which units were standard BIS units and which the extra ones. It made it hard for me to make missions with out adding that AddOn.

You may want to add it to the required list though.

Oh no, you also have the Extra Units AddOn in there as well. No big deal, I'll activate it again. I stopped using it cause I couldn't tell which units were standard BIS units and which the extra ones. It made it hard for me to make missions with out adding that AddOn.

You may want to add it to the required list though.

Ugh, I thought I had it off too . . . yeah, its become a pain. I reorganized my addon folders so I guess I have a duplicate somewhere. I'll add it though, thanks for the warning.

Great mission so far. I'm definitely gonna have a look in the Editor. One quick thing. Not sure if you know this but the HK416/7's by RH can't use the HuntIR shells. I just noticed some of my teammates have the monitors and shells with the RH HK's. Not biggie, I just swapped for an ACE2 rifle at a crate. I need my IR's, especially on this map in the cities/towns. ;)

I'm having great fun. Thanks again.

I just realized that myself. Once ACEX releases their HK416's I'll use those instead of RH's.

Also, I'm having trouble accessing the Ace2 medic menu after reloading a save . . .

As for healing, you can't use the action menu (even though the option is still there for some reason), but use the right windows key to bring up the heal menu. Anyone can heal and examine, but the unit will need to have the proper medical supplies in their inventory to actually heal. Hope this helps!

Hmm, couldn't find any medical supplies or crates :confused:

Hmm, couldn't find any medical supplies or crates :confused:

Pez, the guy with the ruck, has em in his inventory already, plus he also has a ruck loaded with medic supplies. The GMV (SF Humvee) is loaded with all kinds of weapons, ammo, and medic supplies btw ;)

I just played through this mission again just now, and haven't found any bugs, just moved around some triggers (there was one area with an autosave that stuck me reloading with badguys surrounding me and my dumarse AI forgetting to reload the GMV machine guns . . .

Let me know if you guys find any bugs/issues (I tried to get the radio timings right, but since everyone plays differently who knows . . . but I did try to adjust for this), so I can include it in the next release/update. Since I haven't found any major issues I'll give it a few days rather than release an update every single time an issue is found (unless of course its major).

I just realized that myself. Once ACEX releases their HK416's I'll use those instead of RH's.

Also, I'm having trouble accessing the Ace2 medic menu after reloading a save . . .

It's really a shame RH hasn't fixed his stuff yet or released his supposed RHACEX stuff. I hope all is alright with him. I haven't seen him around in a few weeks.

You can change the music level in your options menu.

:D

i'll be downloading too

thanks to all the voice actors for providing immersion

NICE BlawkHawk down style and atmosphere (and music) you got going in this mission!!! Feels like I am in a movie or something!!! The starting setup watching the apache land with the specop humvee behind me was awesome! (I just re-watched blackhawk down a few days ago so its still very fresh). Visually striking! I mean, ArmA2 looks soooo beautiful the way you setup the PP! The atmosphere building in this mission is even better than cold harvest! Man, you improved soooo much! ok, going to stop looking around the extremely nice starting place and go on to the first task now.

GREAT WORK SO FAR!

UPDATE: the HUGE amount of AI in the mission makes it very heavy even for my system. But hell, it looks like an entire campaign in one mission! hahahah gonna crunch this slowly! Also, the whole mission feels ALIVE with so much background activity and thus the level of realism. And yes, always love your style of investigation and story building prior to fighting. My favorite SP mission so far!

Almost laughed my head off when I heard the "HUEY DOWN!" Call!!! hahahah!!!! I knew something like that is coming! hahahah!

Love the part where team 2 flies in after "rescuing" the dead pilot. The helo + the music really creates the mood... you should be a movie director! I mean, the entire atmosphere was sooo well done!

Its a really long mission and I don't think I can finish it today. Took me 3 hours to kill all the baddies in that town. A TON of baddies just like the BHD movie.

Just wanna say that you created the most beautiful, most alive, most atmospheric mission I have ever played in ArmA2. music is on the loud side but as you said, it can be turned down via the control menu. I felt like I am playing through a movie the whole time, not just a game. Jackal's Hunt EXCEEDED my imagination and expectation for what this mission might look like and feel from your screenies. (didn't quite hear my IED line being played since I tend to stay off road in every mission)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I keep getting this error when I try and start the mission.

I have all the required mods installed and check ed that they are all up to date, is there one I missed?

Jackals_error.jpg

@soupdragon - I didn't intend to include extra_units . . . but somehow it got in there. The requirement is not in the readme, but it is on the first page of the thread now.

Be sure you've got version 5 of the Mercs pack . . . actually just try reinstalling these two addons:

Extra Units

Desert Merc and BlackOps v5

also make sure they're properly installed in a mod folder (Arma2Directory/@"mod"/AddOns/) as I usually make that mistake myself by forgetting to include the "addon" folder in the mod folder lol.

@jason - glad you enjoy it thus far, and WOW three hours . . . took me 15 minutes :P

but then again I made the mission and already know where everyone is in the town ;). I always wanted to stick to the roads because offroading takes FOREVER lol, but read the next spoiler if you want a little tip ;)

as long as your teammates are alive, sticking to the roads will be ok as they will spot the IEDs for you ;) they're pretty well trained specops IMO haha. Plus, (and I'm gonna fix this for a future release to cover you offroad types ;) the two roads that lead south from the town you just cleared have the triggers that set off some nice traveling music curtousy of "The Rock" (the movie, not the wrestler/fairy lol)

Also, for the next release I'm going to try and rework a lot of stuff so it will be more performance friendly. But I'll need some help though, so any other mission makers got any advice shoot me a PM please :)

3 hours is plus total time I played all the way to rescuing the pilot actually and yes, offroad is actually kinda slow too. Not to mention the fact that I actually spent about 30mins in the starting location just exploring everything you did. I even spent about 10 mins watching the specops being punished and walking up to every one of them for a close up look. :) It was so immersive! I really spent time exploring and enjoying every part of that mission! (thats why it took that long. :) )

One suggestion for performance I could make is to actually use the remove body script. There's a TON of dead bodies hanging around hehehe and also spawn the baddies in the town after the player gets close instead of having them right there from the start. :) But seriously, I like the immersion and realism created by having sooo many units and dead bodies around I don't really mind the performance hit...hehehehe

I tried re-installing both of those mods, I even re-downloaded them, but I am still getting that error. Yes the mod folders are set up correctly.

SD

@SD, were you able to run Operation Cold Harvest? I see you have it on your screen. Its the same mods as Cold Harvest. In fact, I didn't have to add anything to this one.