Sign in to follow this  
therev709

SP - Operation Jackal's Hunt

as mentioned yesterday i re-played your mission

while i aproached the market from a different direction and sort of rescued the pilot

two choppers came in... and crashed, they flew in to each other..

tought i let u know

wat i realy liked is when u report a IED and later get back taking the same road EOD's are actualy disarming the IED :)

@Mamba, thats the beauty of the way USRanger does his missions. He always makes sure to create a living environment. Something which I am definitely learning from for my mission. :)

yes i agree,..

the missions meet a certain quality level that i realy like

puts him apart from the main stream mission makers...

Glad to hear you liked the EOD guys :)

About those choppers . . . its the stupid AI :(

I placed the invisible H's 100 meters apart, and put the choppers waypoint even farther out . . . yet they still try and land in the same place. Out of the dozen or so times I've play tested the mission they've only crashed twice. I'm gonna reduce em to once Blackhawk (as much as I like the little birds :( )

I had the same problem in the last mission of Sick1's campaign, when the choppers arrive to

drop off the rest of your squad, they would crash 4 out of 5 times!!! Finally, after 5 minutes of trying to land at the same H spot, one went to the other and I quickly saved once my team was with me. . .

Well, good thing it didn't happen to me... that scene was EPIC for me, was like the most beautiful and most cinematic scene that I have ever experienced in ArmA2... the music with the 2 choppers flying overhead, I look up (with my trackIR of course hehehe) at the choppers while walking solemnly towards my humvee and towards my waiting squad mates. The sound of the other teams came to me from behind .... jesus, movie like!!!! such movie like involvement and design is what I aim to produce in Operation Iron Fist as well. :)

Hi,

Any chance of a non ACE version ?

Cheers

nope, the game mission around too many Ace 2 features, sorry.

But I am looking into making this Coop.

Edited by TheRev709

It is done:

Operation Jackal's Hunt version 1.1 is here!

Better performance, one less addon requirement, and a more climactic (IMO) final objective!

Complete change log:

1.1 | 1 Feb 2010

-Greatly improved performance

-Replaced Ace 2 wounding system with BIS First Aid system

-Removed Robert Hammer's Pistol Pack requirements

-Hundreds of minor tweaks

-Improved the final objective

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Mods please lock, I've opened up a release thread for all of my current and future releases!

USRanger709 Release thread!

Edited by TheRev709

It looks great! But the stack of addons put me right off :( Why the need for all these?

@Horr, for making a gaming experience you won't get by putting default stuffs in the editor yourself. :) Its all about creating an experience.

It looks great! But the stack of addons put me right off :( Why the need for all these?

because a) the marines versus ruskies in chenarus has gotten boring for me, and b) a lot of people put in a lot of hard work to make really cool content for Arma 2, which is why i love this game, so i use their content to create a fresh, new experience. every addon is well use :)

(except for the extra units addon . . . though i didnt mean to include it, i did try and remove the requirement, but i just cant figure out where all those "extra" units are! lol. Next time I'm gonna have the "extra units" disabled for sure. Otherwise, everything from the vehicles you drive, weapons you use, characters you play, and the map you fight in are all custom addons!)

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Armaholic Mirror for Jackal's Hunt updated:

Operation Jackal's Hunt v1.1