Sign in to follow this  
jackass888

Phalanx and Ak-630 CIWS

This addon contains Phalanx and Ak-630 CIWS, that shoot down planes, helis and some MMA generated missiles. They have semi-realistic range and damage. So beware!

For guns: place em on the map together with "Mando gun init" gamelogic(required for effects). For a blufor phalanx write in its init line "this setVariable ["mando_gun_side", west]" .

For seasparrow "this setVariable ["mando_sam_side", west]" .

Other sides are east,guer,civ. Seasparrow requires "Mando missile arma inti" gamelogic.

3 demo missions are included, that also have customizable scripts.

arma2oa2010082117591094.th.jpg

gxM-gJBYdSI

Requirements:

Arma 2 1.05+ or CombinedOps

Requires Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta9.2

V0.9-model fixes,added seasparrow,firing from ship fixes, binarized everything.

DL ver 0.9:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q7gyaxopkcu5nbp/ciws.rar

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11820

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1522

Thanks to Scars09 for model changes and supershaders!

Credists and thanks to Mandoble and other contributors of MMA!

Enjoy:)

Edited by jackass888

These guns are deadly ;)

Excellent job Jack :yay:

Next beta of MMA will include a check for the presence of your Russian CIWS addon, and if present, the default MMA setup for Gnat's Kuznetsov carrier will add two of these instead of the default ones.

So these can be used in ArmA 2 standalone if the version is 1.05 or higher. And then CO and OA standalone?

Tested them and both work well with A2 and with A2 + OA.

With OA alone they will not work with MMA scripts, as some A2 content also is required for the explosive rounds.

Tested them and both work well with A2 and with A2 + OA.

With OA alone they will not work with MMA scripts, as some A2 content also is required for the explosive rounds.

Thanks mandoble!

Armaholic will have the download up whenever Fox gets back from work :)

Cool addon mate

I will be setting these around the islands and ships. Should be great fun evading them or making the enemy evade them.

An additional note. It works with both, MMA addon or MMA script suite.

Thanks for the kind words... and info... and mirrors :218:

Added Armaholic mirror to first post.

Next maybe missile based systems, or some bigger project.

Hello i have made a 3ds Model of a Mobile CIWS on the Oshkosh Hemmet M977, however i am not proficient with O2 or animating the turret, i did however demo your mod (Nice btw).. and updated the GAU cannon ogg file, with a more high def one. here is a link to my and another guys work( he is also working on a Ciws proj).

Link :http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=10841&d=15

I am also interested in maybe a collab on the Rim 116 i have also done that one in Max as well.

Link:http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd77/d3rdprod/Rig_116%20Anti%20Air%20rocket%20Launcher/

On a side note, i laid down the demo you provided on takistans main airfield, and let it do its work, i noticed the turrets seem jerky or not on target, not sure if this is something only i am seeing or others have also, is there a way to correct the targeting and or smoothness of the animation?

Edited by F2F_BHO

An important note.

If you setup its mando_gun_side variable, the inner script included in the addon will start up. This script gives the gun a scan arc of 360 deg, which means that it might look for targets and fire on sectors where friendlies might be present (the deck of the LHD, for example). So, set this variable only when you are confident that a 360 deg attack arc is safe for your mission. If not, then execute directly mando_missiles\mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf, which allows you to select the default firing orientation and the allowed scan arc. For example:

if (isServer) then
     _animcode = 
     {
        (_this select 0) animate ["turret", -rad(_this select 1)];
        (_this select 0) animate ["gun", rad(_this select 2)];
     };

// Simulated Kashtan gun (Antiair - antimissile)
     [_gun1, 3, ["Air"], 200, 100, 1500, 1000, 17, 20, [0.6,0.6], 4, true, "", "B_23mm_AA", [0,0,-0.20], "Usti hlavne", [170, 90], 0,[west], true, true, true, "","", "mando_gun", _animcode]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";
};

the [170, 90] means arc of 170 degs, neutral aiming 90 degs from its default direction. That is, the right sector of a ship, if it is placed there with the same heading as the ship. [170, 270] would cover the left sector, [170, 180] the back sector, etc.

Rog, i am looking at the Sqf.file and cannot see where this code can be, or should be entered as is. maybe i was a little vague as to what i and my colleagues are seeing.

when we are using the mod?testing it, in game (CO), on takistan, we are using the demo that was provided in the download of your mod, with no changes.. what we see is" the helo's flying about as well as the A-10 and the L39A, the CIWS systems can't seem to stay targeted or are very slow to acquire the moving targets, the CIWS operates (In Real life) by targeting the target, and calculating the targets forward path ( so Basically firing where the targets is headed) or leading the target , everything works good and looks good , just that small detail would make this mod a keeper, if i knew enough about scripting i would script it and give it to you because i really like this mod.but i don't.. so i hope you don't feel i am complaining, because I'm not, just trying to help you have the best mod you can have and it not just die out like so many others.

I am also interested in maybe a collab on the Rim 116 i have also done that one in Max as well.

Me likey. Was kinda lookin forward to making all these turrets myself but less work I gotta do for the carrier now hah!

Hmm. They were able to shoot down everything in the demo mission within ~30 seconds. And they operate like you described, by calculating the targets flight path. I have to agree tough that they should probably do more damage. It could be something caused by script lag. Eg with lag the burst does fire slower and thus becomes longer than the soundfile.

@Ray243 Its a simple building object, not a real turret. So the answer is no.

@F2F BHO MMA should have just the right scripts to make that Rim 116 work easy. Ill talk to Mandoble about better accuarcy.

No, it is caused by a problem on the detonation part due OA (the lack of explosive damage), it is fixed now and will be available for next MMA update. Track down and interception parameters are now modified too (also present for next MMA update). It fires where the target is, and spreads the salvo along the trajectory that the target will have along the full next second. It is done this way because the target might be a land vehicle that runs/stops/runs/stops, firing at its curret position covers the "stops" too.

The Rim should be quite easy to integrate too.

Such addition as yours very much an unusual occurrence, and the most important thing these guns are necessary. Thanks big !!! Good job!!!:thumb:

Test mission with the latest mando gun improvements. These will be available in the addon and script suite for the next MMA release.

Nice, just let me know what you guys want to do with the Rim, i have the 3ds Model. already rar'd up, it has no real textures as of yet, really didn't feel it needed it.but non the less let me know and i will get it to you guys. gettin excited about it all over agian..hehehehe

F2F_BHO, is your Rim already working in the same way as Jackass guns (animations and named sections)? If so, you can test it working as mando gun, so if will fire rounds instead of missiles, if it works we can proceed with its "missilization" ;)

nice rim launcher, if i can be of any use to bring it ingame, let me know. think i have a rim rocket model somewhere that i can provide if needed.