Sign in to follow this  
PorkyJack

Patch 1.04 Problems

ArmA doesnt recognize my keyboard anymore, my mouse works fine though. I can type a password in the MP screen, but no in game movements. Any ideas?

To get the first question out of the way, have you checked your keybinds in the game options?

Yup, All checked them right away, it's just like it used to be.

One of my mates has it aswell. We're both dutch, english chaps dont have the problem.

Would it work to remove the config files and restart maybe? I dont know just throwing an idea out.

I'm tempted to do a full reinstall and apply this patch. It seemed to be a good move when I updated to 1.03, which by chance I'd uninstalled and was about to reinstall when that patch came out.

Maybe it'll help? I doubt it'll solve the problem I have where enemy AI can just walk through walls...

I had the same keyboard issue. I rebooted and the keyboard work just fine after that.

I see there is a comment in the notes about time of day being fixed. Two of us joined "Zoo's World!" (30 minutes apart) that has been updated to v1.04 and are in game watches are 30 minutes apart. This might be a bit crazy if we have have the folks showing nighttime and the other in daytime. Is there something that has to be changed on the server or client to make this fix work?

I experienced keyboard problems to with 1.04. My shift button suddenly stops working when i try to either walk or run. It kinda works and don't work shifting all the time. I'm using sidewinder X6 keyboard.

Im getting horrible lag in 1.04 during action. So far though the action comes from the ACM module with use of the SOM module wich is inactive for missions but gives me all the goodies such as UAV, arty etc.

I get extreme lag when playing with these modules and i dont know so far if its locked down to those only or if its action in general. More tests for that. But here is my RPT after a short session with ACM & SOM:

Mods: CA

Distribution: 1465

Exe version: 1.04.59026

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male05\en\secops\uav\secop_uav_06.wss', header cannot be loaded.

String STR_SOM_Supply_BRIEFING_1 not found

String STR_SOM_Supply_BRIEFING_2 not found

String STR_SOM_Supply_BRIEFING_ACCEPTED not found

String STR_SOM_Supply_BRIEFING_NOT_ACCEPTED not found

String STR_SOM_Supply_BRIEFING_TIMEOUT not found

String STR_SOM_Supply_DEBRIEFING_END1 not found

String STR_SOM_Supply_DEBRIEFING_END2 not found

ca\weapons\lasertgt.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

ca\weapons\lasertgt.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\support.wss', header cannot be loaded.

I dont know if its this that creates the lag, but i thaught it would be good to mention this. When i had a little longer session my RPT was spammed miles with this. The lag is serious. We are talking about total chop-fest. Unplayable. As a reference beta v59008 had very good performance for me when playing with ACM+SOM. This session was on Utes.

Win7 32bit

AMD X2 6000+ 3.1ghz

Nvidia 8800GTS 320Mb

2Gb Corsair DDR2 800mhz

7200Rpm Seagate

EDIT:

ACM module seem to delete units/vehicles in front of your eyes since some beta's back. This happens in 1.04 as well. I just now saw first a couple of helicopters flying towards me getting deleted in mid air, and a tank group. Didnt see that before the patches and 1.04.

Edited by Alex72

I'm experiencing a lot of CTDs due to "Out of memory" errors again.

They stopped popping up with the latest beta-patch (build 59025), but here they are again with the official 1.04 patch.. :(

I'm experiencing a lot of CTDs due to "Out of memory" errors again.

They stopped popping up with the latest beta-patch (build 59025), but here they are again with the official 1.04 patch.. :(

So you put your CD back in? Or are you using the beta.exe to use the 1.04. Or are you on Steam?

I am also now getting jerky performance and crashes while my beta performance was very good (59025). afaik you have to use the dvd again for 1.04 but didnt need it for the betas. nearly unplayable again and very disappointing. i'm hoping for new betas already!

specs:

- vista 64

- nvidia gtx 280 1gb

- i7 2.93ghz

- onboard sound

- 12 gb ram

So you put your CD back in? Or are you using the beta.exe to use the 1.04. Or are you on Steam?

I always played with the CD inside, even when playing the beta.

ok so what the hell! 1.04 should have had a no-dvd policy...

all of us listening to music from cds, doing other tasks like installing programs and all of that PLUS what is the need for the dvd to be in there? so it can read the first 8 or 16 bites on it? what the hell is the point!

the dvd check also has a PROVEN negative affect on ALL games, honestly the betas have gave me at LEAST 30% increase in preformance, 1.03 has had no problem running off of a backup dvd ( lost the original) and now 1.04 says "prease insert the original arma 2 dvd, not a backup" WHAT THE HELL!!! isnt that the point of the backup? so you can play the game if you loose your dvd? are you kidding me!

yeah i love the game and i am usually not this forgiving with problems that keep me from playing/doing something that i want to but guys, COME ON!, you do not need to "protect" the game witha dvd check, it does NOTHING but mess with the legitimate owners.

annother thing, my hardware ( below) runs the game nice and smooth on normal setings ( beta and non)... i cant find any FPS counter that works for me but i have to say it runs at least 15-30 FPS ( im assuming that the game doesnt need 30FPS to feel perfectly smooth)

( nvidia 9400GT OCED 27%, windows 7 X64, AMD 4200+ OCed 9%, 6 GB ram)

Since installing 1.04 I cannot play my saved game from the campaign. It works for a minute or two and then freezes up; ambient noise continues but the game will not respond. Strangely, despite ambient noise continuing, the in-game music stops. Anyone else experiencing this?

You have to restart the mission itself (the mission where your at) when applying new patches. Not using saves. This is well known and explained all over the site.

Just restart the mission your at and test.

I have been experiencing some severe artifacting now that I have installed the 1.04 patch. I am running the game in windowed mode, and I have it on the bear minimum settings (since I am running it on a laptop), but it has gotten a little ridiculous. I had some artifacting before, but the problem seems compounded now, and FAR worse.

With 1.03 I had nearly no lags on the huge urban maps for excample, despite my machnie is not the newest one. But now with 104 it lags periodically after some seconds. This is really annoying. Also some very often reported bugs are still in the game.... Am I allowed to ask, if the devs really read our reports or must we make mods of our own to solve some problems? I could imagine that it isn't easy to handle this huge programm for the devs, and there are many posibilities to play. More than most(or nearly all ) other games can offer.:cool:

Edited by -=Firewall=-

My game quits-to-desktop after a while, it didnt do that before the patch.

Several people in our clan has the same problem.

Our dedicated server also reboots due to arma server exe.

I hope this is fixed soon, as we actually cant play any of our missions.

High command does not work on my clan's dedicated server. Have tried a few times. This problem seems to be post patch 1.04. Has anyone else experienced this? Could server-based addons be causing the problem?

I have been experiencing some severe artifacting now that I have installed the 1.04 patch. I am running the game in windowed mode, and I have it on the bear minimum settings (since I am running it on a laptop), but it has gotten a little ridiculous. I had some artifacting before, but the problem seems compounded now, and FAR worse.

I am also experiencing major artifacting, flashing, near freezing followed by crash after about 1 hour of play. i do not play windowed. all was very good with beta and could usually play for hours and hours very smoothly but now its very bad. looks like an overheat but its not. i have tried all nvidia drivers for my gtx 280 i could get my hands on for 1.03 and beta patches and found that 182.5 was the only driver that was stable and didnt limit my video pull-down options. all other drivers including the 190.xx series were a blocky, no texture disasters. now i'm stuck! im wondering if changes have been made in 1.04 that contain compatibility fixes for the newer drivers that have a negative effect on 182.5 but would hate to jump through all of the hoops again with no result. I would really appreciate some sort of info on this and rec drivers from bis. arma2 is the only game i play atm but cant hardly play it anymore post 1.04.

BIS, what have you done? WIth 1.03 I had only some few bugs, but I could play.

Now it's impossible to play. It lags horribly on Chernarus when you fly over the map, now there are graphical errors. 50% of multiplayer game joins fail. Its more worse than even with 1.03. I even have the RECEIVING BUG in EDITOR made missions in SINGLEPLAYER!!!

@Gutm@sher...

You're not the only one with this issue... see HERE, and even HERE (a thread from over 6 weeks ago)...

Still... not to worry... look how seriously BIS took the "mouselag" issue they couldnt even reproduce... about 6 weeks of intensive nanotweaking... now I can revolve on the spot approximately 3.5 times just by moving my mouse the width of my mousemat! - Seriously Hypertwitch!! - I crash after 20 minutes... but hey! My mouse is Impossibly Fast before it happens....

hehehe

B