gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

New STEAMclient beta changelog from 9.12.2010

this is very important fix for STEAM users of all ARMA serie games

makes way easier to run any mods at any path via commandline

so enjoy :)

fixed "how" exactly? What does this mean... maybe I just didn't notice it before because I had a short command line.

fixed "how" exactly? What does this mean... maybe I just didn't notice it before because I had a short command line.

I believe it means that within the STEAM client 'set launch options' (from within the each game title owned) you can now have more than 255 characters, thus allowing you to have a longer '-mod' entry witihn 'set launch options' :yay:.

There is/was a limit of upto 255 characters and anything after that was ignored.

I believe it means that within the STEAM client 'set launch options' (from within the each game title owned) you can now have more than 255 characters, thus allowing you to have a longer '-mod' entry witihn 'set launch options' :yay:.

There is/was a limit of upto 255 characters and anything after that was ignored.

this was problem in both the "set launch options" but also 'passed by' parameters ...

so if you used the steam.exe -appID to launch game binary there was limit 255< characters on what was given to the game binary

now it's definitely more than 1k

Hey, Does this mean that you do not need that batch file to launch combined operations?

Because I have hard-copy of Arma 2, and steam version of OA, and all of the DLC's.

Or should I still be using it?

Hi,

Please help me to solve this matter, I'm going crazy and can't understand why...

One of my clan member bought A2 and then A2 OA via Steam,

Installed A2, then Installed A2 OA

After checked that everything is set to run as admin, and nothing like firewall mess with A2 and OA

Launch A2

Launch A2 OA

Launch A2 OA CO via Steam launch menu. (the popup that appears after double click on desktop "Launch Arma 2 OA" icon )

First matter: In the "Expansions" menu there is both "arma2" that Arma2 and can't deactivate one of them.

Second trouble: All seems ok, version 1.56, try to join server, ok he can choose a role in the briefing room, press ok, receiving mission data, and then:

Red Chain, no message received from server until it disconnect and back again on server list.

I've noticed that he was able to play on our server on OA maps, on other servers he could play a DM map (don't know wich) but just for a while.

He absolutely can't play, Domination and Warfare, and in some server he is also not able to receive mission data.

I suppose that there is some mess with CO, i can't explain in different ways how is possible that he could join and play just our server for example, and have red chain just when he finish to download mission data on all other server.

Please help me to keep my friend Eddy active player on A2 OA!

So I guess I'm SOL with my inability to launch ARMA 2? :(

Crazycow;1813187']Hi' date='

Please help me to solve this matter, I'm going crazy and can't understand why...

One of my clan member bought A2 and then A2 OA via Steam,

Installed A2, then Installed A2 OA

After checked that everything is set to run as admin, and nothing like firewall mess with A2 and OA

Launch A2

Launch A2 OA

Launch A2 OA CO via Steam launch menu. (the popup that appears after double click on desktop "Launch Arma 2 OA" icon )

First matter: In the "Expansions" menu there is both "arma2" that Arma2 and can't deactivate one of them.

Second trouble: All seems ok, version 1.56, try to join server, ok he can choose a role in the briefing room, press ok, receiving mission data, and then:

Red Chain, no message received from server until it disconnect and back again on server list.

I've noticed that he was able to play on our server on OA maps, on other servers he could play a DM map (don't know wich) but just for a while.

He absolutely can't play, Domination and Warfare, and in some server he is also not able to receive mission data.

I suppose that there is some mess with CO, i can't explain in different ways how is possible that he could join and play just our server for example, and have red chain just when he finish to download mission data on all other server.

Please help me to keep my friend Eddy active player on A2 OA![/quote']

double arma 2 is normal and not affects your game operation in A2: CO mode

I'm getting a new computer in 2 days, and my internet is pretty slow. Can I just copy the files from the Arma 2 directory into the steamapps/common/ directory, and basically make steam download it in an instant?

I can't seem to get the mods in ArmA 2 to work. I have in launch options this:

-nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@SLX;@A2War@Tracers;@WarFX;@zeu_AI;@vop;

But no mods actually are working. No WarFX, no zeuAI, no CBA...

Edited by Flubadoo

enclose the -mod with "

"-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@SLX;@A2War@Tracers;@WarFX;@zeu_A I;@vop;"

also remember to use STEAMclient beta (settings > participate in beta) to avoid 255 chars limit on commandline params

enclose the -mod with "

"-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@SLX;@A2War@Tracers;@WarFX;@zeu_A I;@vop;"

also remember to use STEAMclient beta (settings > participate in beta) to avoid 255 chars limit on commandline params

Hmm, it still didn't fix it. OA mods work fine, even though they didn't have the quotes...

using it in A2 or A2: Combined Operation (OA binary) ?

Crazycow;1814503']Thanks for the answer Dwarden' date=' any idea about the 2nd matter?

Red Chain, no message received from server until it disconnect and back again on server list.[/quote']

So, nobody had this trouble before? Sorry if I am "tedious" but is really something that we could not understand how to solve.

Hi.

I just bought from STEAM:

- ARMA 2: British Armed Forces

- ARMA 2: Private Military Company

I installed booth without any problems... But after i started up ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead, i took a look inside EXPANSIONS menu and found this annoying problem :(

Two ARMA 2: Private Military Company lines, what the heck!!!

hmmm.jpg

Click image to enlarge

EDIT

Well, i was gonna test Arma 2: Combined Operations and the funny thing was i got this list in my EXPANSIONS menu now:

Arma 2: British Armed Forces

Arma 2: Private Military Company

arma 2

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Arma 2

And they all was marked, what the hell is this ??? :mad::936::angryfire:

Edited by MJK-Ranger

ignore the 2nd PMC (keep it disabled), it's fixed in 1.01 PMC which is coming out soon

ignore the 2nd PMC (keep it disabled), it's fixed in 1.01 PMC which is coming out soon

Thanks Dwarden :)

What about the Combine Operation expansions menu problem?

I see two lines named: arma 2 and Arma 2

EDIT:

double arma 2 is normal and not affects your game operation in A2: CO mode

Thanks, found it on page 99 :)

Edited by MJK-Ranger

Got the latest updates off Steam a while ago. Managed to get around to trying out British Armed Forces and now I find my FPS have halved.

Updated 1.01 PMC and 1.57 OA in Steam, but after running them I get error about some pbo file not found and there is no confirmation message saying that 1.01 PMC was successfully installed.

Verified Steam files and that seems good. What can I do to make sure that updates were installed?

Just downloaded the update, restarted my computer and I get the message:

Cannot open file 'EXPANSION\addons\characters_e.pbo'

Reminds me of the last update............

Anyone else getting this or know how to fix? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

well standby gents, steam is downloading another 226mb update. We'll see how this goes.

How do I make Steam not redownload the whole game each update? Wow, I mean, really?

How do I make Steam not redownload the whole game each update? Wow, I mean, really?

this is good question but You are asking wrong developers :cool:

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Just downloaded the update, restarted my computer and I get the message:

Cannot open file 'EXPANSION\addons\characters_e.pbo'

Reminds me of the last update............

Anyone else getting this or know how to fix? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

well standby gents, steam is downloading another 226mb update. We'll see how this goes.

if you get this error then i suggest You do verify of game file integrity

@Dwarden

Sorry if this has been explained before, but I remember back in Arma 2, that some patches were compatible with all releases including Steam. So all you had to do was disable Steam auto update and manually patch the game. Why has this changed?

I hate to harp on the same issue, but last patch that came out (before 1.57) I had to wait for Steam to re-download Arma 2, OA and BAF for about 12 hours (uni net isn't so great :p ) so it's a bit tiresome. Will Valve change how they handle things in the future?