Sign in to follow this  
warleader6

wow

this is just a holy crap this game is great post. I don't mean to take up bandwidth, but I got to say it. I am very new and am having a helluva time with the learning curve, but at the same time enjoying learning it. Last night I opened the editor, place a force recon squad, made the leader a "player', sync'd a SOM module, a first-aid module, a BC module, and an ambient civie module. I then hit preview. It turned into an hour and a half of play time. I received missions from rescue to assault. The action was great! it ended with my team being WTF owned in a small town. My medic got hit, and i tried to get to him. Due to the fact the enemy had a machine gunner covering the street, and I had to go in the open to get the medic, led to my untimely demise. When I closed the editor last night, I though to myself...."wow, that all just happened by me placing a squad and a few modules" Is this game truly great or what?

one question though........How can I make my squad walk "point"? I am always the point guy, and I am still learning. If I use 1-2 they advance way to far. I just want someone, or part of my team to stay 10-15 meters in front of me and move as I move. any help is appreciated.

Edited by warleader6

Good to see another person discovering the greatness of this game.

one question though........How can I make my squad walk "point"? I am always the point guy, and I am still learning. If I use 1-2 they advance way to far. I just want someone, or part of my team to stay 10-15 meters in front of me and move as I move. any help is appreciated.

I believe the Advance command is the only real way to do this. You could put your squad into a Vee Formation. That's about as close as you're going to get it, though.

you could also use a bounding overwatch...select who you want on point and click 50-100meters in front of you. Wait and cover them til they get to their spot and then move up and just keep doing that. Or you could just follow right behind...it's all up to you ;)

one question though........How can I make my squad walk "point"? I am always the point guy, and I am still learning.

I use. all/formation/vee :rolleyes:;)

you will be the bottom of the vee while your squad will form in front to your left and right.

4 or more squad members will provide a significant 'length' of the vee providing you with an appropriate cushion

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Either whats suggested already or in any formation if you then select "Advance" (1 then 2) this will make all AI move ahead of you so you are at the rear but they still follow your turning.

I use this so I can stay at the rear but have Staggered column formation when walking through urban areas / streets.

The beauty of it is the fact you can have whatever formation and still stay at the rear.

"Regroup", or "wait for me" will put things back so you are the lead point man.

Edited by mrcash2009

Warleader6 like you I am new to this game and am also loving it. If you'll excuse my "noobness" could you explain step by step what you did in the mission editor because I am do not understand what you mean by sync'ing modules but it sounds interesting.

Thanks in advance.

yea man whats this modules stuff you're talking about? Receiving missions? turning into an hour and a half of game play? tell me MOAR!

Warleader6 like you I am new to this game and am also loving it. If you'll excuse my "noobness" could you explain step by step what you did in the mission editor because I am do not understand what you mean by sync'ing modules but it sounds interesting.

Thanks in advance.

yea man whats this modules stuff you're talking about? Receiving missions? turning into an hour and a half of game play? tell me MOAR!

read the stickies, links, and posts in the editing section :rolleyes:

No use for a name, I have been looking throught the stickies, links and posts and to a newcomer with a basic understanding of how this game works, it is like trawling through mud, but hey, thanks for the friendly advice.

Warleader6 is you have the time to answer my request I would be greatfull, if not fair enough, no hassle, I'll keep trawling through the mud and get to where I'm going eventually. Just hoping you can give me a shortcut.

Synchronizing is just drawing a line from one object to another in the editor while you've activated the synchronizing mode with the corresponding function key number.

Add yourself (plus a squad if you like), you can also place yourself in a vehicle or whatever, go to Modules and add the SOM module, Ambient Combat module, Ambient Civs/vehicles & Animals, anywhere on the map, doesn't matter. Choose Synchronize and drag a line between your character and the Som module, do the same for the Ambient Combat module. The other modules you don't need to synch, I believe. Press Preview and Voila!, hours of amusement.

If you want to add Support as well, do the following in addition to the above.

Add a trigger anywhere on the map. In the 'Activation' area put 'Radio Alpha' (no need to include inverted commas) then click 'repeatedly'. In the 'text' area write 'HQ support'. Finally in the OnAct. box, copy and paste the following:

[["transport", "aerial_reconnaissance", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Do this in addition to the other stuff, and now, when you call Radio Alpha in thegame (0-0-1), you will access all types of support, barrages, airstrikes etc...via 'communication' on your action menu. Let the mayhem ensue!

this video is a gameplay example of the SecOps module.

JJCQGzdUIXs

the mission is available within this three map pack at armaholic

it has much of what flaxpants has described.

4-arma2_missions.png

image is link

You can use the "Advance" command under move. If you select it once your men will go ahead of you 50 meters I think. Each additional time you select it (in a row) they will go forward another 50 meters I think it is. So you can use that to make them be 50m in front of you or 100 or 150 etc. Using the stay back commands works the same way too only obviously they will try to stay behind you. The two flank commands might also work like that but I rarely use those so I can't remember.