Wiki

[Campaign] Operation Aegean Spear

Hi guys.

I'm finally back to editing.

I am currently working on a brand new campaign called Operation Aegean Spear.

The story takes place in 2033 in alternate world than East Wind campaign.

It begins a few years after the Lybia conflict and the Israel-Iran war, and after the Jerusalem cease fire.

Things are quite calm in Mediterranean, as the main theater now appears to be in Pacific.

But everything will not go as planned...

Planned:

-About 40 missions (more or less, it depends)

-Story driven campaign

-Something much more like OFP rather than Harvest Red or East Wind

-Player not always the leader

-Missions to teach the feature (like not put you directly as tank squad commander or team leader in mission 3 or 4)

-No addon needed (might change - like replace the A-164 by A-10)

-Realistic gameplay (not a one man army as encountered in side mission in East Wind).

-The player will play NATO side exclusively

-Different roles:

.Pvt Thomas Matthews - infantry soldier

.Sgt James Anthony - SF operator

.Lt Dan Mackall - tank crewman

.Cpt Matt Anderson - chopper pilot

.Cpt Andrew Warring - plane pilot

VOTE AND SUPPORT!

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/vW9bpoBBlR#.U3kRcCj1ano

Link:

Armaholic (v0.3)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25963

Steam Workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=256664543

Edited by Wiki

Great to see that you're back in the saddle Wiki!

You mentioned "East Wind". Sorry, I either don't know it or completely forgot.

What is it about or better yet, where can I get a link for it?

Also don't be afraid to use Addons. Players should be expecting to use them by now.

How can I say... East Wind is the official BIS campaign lol

And no use of addon so far because it may turn into my MANW contest try.

How can I say...

Well, you could say it was A3, or A2 or OFP?

I wasn't around during OFP, sorry.

Was just kidding you mate, I didn't think you haven't played the campaign yet ;)

@KK

:D its campaign from A3.

@Wiki

Few months ago i write that you will back to editing and...nice to see you back.

Campaign in old OFP style, GREAT. :)

.Lt Dan Mackall - tank crewman

.Cpt Matt Anderson - chopper pilot

.Cpt Andrew Warring - plane pilot

Please don't do what BIS has done in each of their previous campaigns: force us to fly in some missions. I don't fly in Arma, I'm not alone, I have zero interest in this feature, and I won't be spending hours setting up my hotas and learning it for one or two missions. Please don't include missions that people will "endcampaign" through (I hope that trick still works though).

Also, with the way armor is modeled and the AI is behaving, I'm not too fond of commanding a tank either or a tank platoon. IMHO a purely infantry-based + APCs campaign will be awesome.

Also #2, in missions where the player is the leader, please include the team switch feature, so we can rearm, position and unstick them properly, and not waste time because of an interface that has barely evolved since OFP :).

Ok for teamswitch, but in that case, if leader dies, mission will fail :)

However, for point 1, I will make tank or aircrafts missions. You may not like them but other people do (myself included ;) ) You will still be able to skip them via the "endmission" code. :)

YaY! I´d love more tank and aircraft missions in a campaign, East wind had none - just showcases and there´s no official showcase for the Neophron, what a shame - and I loved your A2 campaigns Wiki, I know you´ll come up with something great!

I know you plan to use the least addons - A3 generation of players are "addon allergic" or is it just my perception? I use gigas of active addons, I´m kinda addon hoarder lol - but some replacements (like A-164 for A-10C, MX for EricJ Scars or RH M4s) or custom units (CSAT project by Evan_cat or F/A-18 and Su-35 by John_Spartan & Saul) would be awesome!

Looking forward playing it =)

Sounds great! Finally a long (enough) campaign. I was wondering how is the Israeli-Iran war going to influence your story?

Not at all, it's just a background story, to set up the whole thing. As it happened a few years before, it will not influence it at all.

Not at all, it's just a background story, to set up the whole thing. As it happened a few years before, it will not influence it at all.

I see. Well, it's still cool as background :)

Im vote for addon free campaign. In A2 i have tons of addon, replacement packs etc in A3 so far i use only Blastcore and Jsrs.

Its my opinion but in A3 we have 10k the same looking retexures of few models.

If people want to use replacement pack they always can but i would like to se addon free version of campaign.

I think addon free is best, so that more players can enjoy - whereas if I add a lot of addons, some people will not play it because of them

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Here is very first photo

709753image2.jpg

not much really, but hey! what did you expect? :P

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

You can expect something like my last campaign on ArmA 2 : Operation Licorne.

So that you can have an idea of I'm willing to make.

Ok for teamswitch, but in that case, if leader dies, mission will fail :)

As long as you don't delete the saves and turn it into a roguelike, I'm totally OK :).

However, for point 1, I will make tank or aircrafts missions. You may not like them but other people do (myself included ;) ) You will still be able to skip them via the "endmission" code. :)

Or, maybe better, if you know that people are going to skip some of your missions (just look at how many people fly (or want to) on any Domination/Evolution server vs how many play infantry), just make a "next mission" button, i.e. the life of this dude isn't interesting, let me skip it in a more natural way than using a cheat code, that may or may not be present after the next patch.

If you include team-switch, bear in mind that it means that the player always knows what's his position that is shown in the team-switch window. It throws out the window any navigation effort. Might as well equip the player with a GPS in all missions.

aaa.jpg

This team switch just switches you to the other team member. It shows nothing. Do you want to disable "2 - SITREP" (F2-5-5) too?

http://s4.postimg.org/w7ok7ik49/aaa.jpg

This team switch just switches you to the other team member. It shows nothing. Do you want to disable "2 - SITREP" (F2-5-5) too?

For someone who asked a mission maker to remove missions with jets and armour, just because you don't like those, I find your post rather funny.

Edited by Variable

Please please, NO virtual ammo boxes.

Please don't put one of those nasty boxes in to satisfy the little 16 year old pimply faced punk ass bitches. Seriously.

Lock the player in with a load out that you think will fit the mission. Player has to "survive" and "adapt" to those conditions.

@KK

Don't worry, as said, it will be like my previous campaigns.

Player will have a loadout, and may have ammo crates at the base, but nothing more.

@Variable

I think neofit wanted teamswitch to be able to refill his partners ammo for example, instead of using the action menu.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I'm going in vacation now, so I won't work on it for a week.

;2679588']YaY! I´d love more tank and aircraft missions in a campaign' date=' East wind had none - just showcases and there´s no official showcase for the Neophron, what a shame - and I loved your A2 campaigns Wiki, I know you´ll come up with something great!

I know you plan to use the least addons - A3 generation of players are "addon allergic" or is it just my perception? I use gigas of active addons, I´m kinda addon hoarder lol - but some replacements (like A-164 for A-10C, MX for EricJ Scars or RH M4s) or custom units (CSAT project by Evan_cat or F/A-18 and Su-35 by John_Spartan & Saul) would be awesome!

Looking forward playing it =)[/quote']

A3 is in a weird place. A2 has all the great addons. A3 hasn't been around long enough. But addon makers are working feverishly behind the scene and wont stop until well after ARMA4 is made.

A3 is in a weird place. A2 has all the great addons. A3 hasn't been around long enough. But addon makers are working feverishly behind the scene and wont stop until well after ARMA4 is made.

Players are add-on allergic because Arma is not up to par with addon usability...yet. It's a serious PITA to hunt down various addons from AH and set them up manually. The experience is frustrating and pretty old-school. A2 vets don't care as they're used to it.

Workshop integration and the newly announced launcher should turn that frown upside down though.

I'd just make the campaign with whatever mods you feel appropriate. I find those pretty fun when used right.

I'll dunno yet what I'll do: maybe release an addon free version - and maybe submit it for the MANW contest, and release an addon+ version with modified missions and/or bonus missions with these addons.

BTW, I already have my story/roadmap done, however if you people have ideas or wishes, you can still submit them, I'll see whether I'll use them or not :)

I'm back guys, so I'll work on it to make it THE ArmA 3 campaign I plan it to be - but it may take time as I'm also busy with Anthariel on the Under the Eagle Eye campaign.