Hello, Arma community!
I wanted to share what I have created during the coronavirus lockdown, lmao! I am still in what I would consider the "ALPHA" stage. However, I feel that I am ready to let other people start to join my server and have some fun.
arma3mercenaries is a template mission for Arma 3, open to anyone who wants to run a arma3mercenaries server for themself or their group.
arma3mercenaries is a coop gamemode that is part "survive", part "scavenge", part "build"...All while a persistent multi-day battle rages on around you. This can be done solo or with a team, but it is not recommended to have multiple people in multiple cities. Unlike Wasteland, this scenario was built for people to solo or cooperatively play and stay near each other. This is vital for game performance.
If you want to jump right in, just search for "arma3mercenaries" and the dedicated test server should pop up.***Warning***Their are BUGS (see the list below) and there are regular wipes, but I try to let the wars go on for as long as possible, usually 3-7 days, sometimes longer. During that time the wars get very interesting and are always unique.
**Tip**: There is currently a "BETA Store" that will give you free money! However, if you want a challenge, look no further!
There are 4 AI commanders. NATO, Syndicate, CSAT, and FIA. NATO is aligned and supporting Syndicate forces and CSAT is aligned and supporting FIA forces. CSAT and NATO commanders are utilizing traditional combat tactics, while FIA and Syndicat are utilizing insurgency tactics.
Traditional AI Commanders will react to the changing environment and attack, defend, withdraw, or resupply depending on the current tactical situation. Commanders continue to work with "virtualized" groups, controlling a "virtual battlefield" out of the visual range of players.
AI Commanders take the objectives and prioritize them depending on the current battlefield situation. It also regularly analyses the map, relative troop strengths, and available assets required to capture and hold objectives in its area of operations.
Insurgency commanders have different objectives, tactics, and weapons. Their goal is to disrupt their enemy, destabilize the security situation, and generally create havoc without becoming decisively engaged with security forces. They will employ tactics such as sabotage, hit and run attacks, roadblocks, and IEDs. They will attempt to blend in with the civilian population in order to move weapons, explosives, and suicide bombers to strategic locations.
You have been hired by Constellis Holdings, Inc. security division, congratulations! Constellis is a trusted and experienced provider of security services in high-risk environments, remote areas, and emerging markets in support of land-based, aviation, maritime and cyber operations.
"We deliver quality-driven, professional services to safeguard personnel, infrastructure, and other valuable assets and investments. Recognized for our unique ability to successfully operate multi-faceted security programs while delivering unparalleled customer service, our goal is to facilitate customer operations—supporting our customers to ensure business continuity and achieve their organizational objectives."
This is an opportunity, not a 9 to 5 job. You will have to earn your keep, or pack up and go home! There are currently a few ways to generate "credits" or "in-game currency". First, by simply eliminating an opposing faction (CSAT and FIA). Second, by locating insurgent installations and disabling them. Third, capturing and transporting civilians or enemy combatants to the Fort MAGA "Enhanced Interrogation" holding pen. Fourth, by completing ALiVE OPCOM tasks.
**Tip**: Intel is displayed on the map every so often, keep an eye on the battlefield. It is also found in dropped documents from dead enemy combatants. It looks like a manila folder on the ground next to the dead body. When reading intel that you found the map will open up, take note of where any "installations" are located. Installations are recruitment HQ's, IED factories, etc. You can also gather intel from manually interrogating civilians yourself.
- Kills = 0 to 5,000 Cr. (random)
- killing "frindlies" = -5000 Cr.
- Disabling Insurgency Installations = 0 to 5,000 Cr. (random) (multiple "installations" can be found in one structure!)
- Delivering captured civilian/combatants to Fort MAGA for enhanced interrogations = 0 to 5,000 Cr. (random)
- Delivering captured enemy vehicles to Fort MAGA or Camp Molos = 75,000 to 300,000 Cr. (depending on vehicle type)
- Completing ALiVE OPCOM tasks = 50,000 Cr. (some "missions" have multiple task payouts!)
**Tip**: The easiest way to earn credits is to detain and deliver civilians to Fort MAGA! However, you should only have 1 civilian interrogated at a time. The payout will not increase!
If you have a rough start, no worries, Constellis Holdings Inc. does provide some free "you're a scrub" items, such as a rangemaster outfit, a sub-machine gun, a handgun, some ammo, and a quad to travel along with a few other odds and ends.
Now, you know how to make money, next would be knowing what you can do with it. You will notice "Black Market Computers" marked on the map. This is where you can purchase whatever it is that you need to survive and generate more money. There are more than just weapons on the black market. Such as mercenaries for hire, fortifications, logistical items (water, gas, empty crates, etc.), vehicles, med supplies, food, HALO drops (AI group and solo), and ALiVE combat support for limited times.
> **Tip**: After purchasing items or fortifications, you can retrieve them from the military green huron container located outside near the black market computers' location.
Fortification and logistical supplies are a huge part of being able to set up out on the battlefield without having to constantly return back to the "Lighthouse" or "Fort MAGA". You can buy fortifications such as sandbags, h-barriers, concrete walls, bunkers, etc. You can also buy rearm, repair, and refueling fortifications as well as STATIC WEAPONS.
**Tip**: There are 2 ways to move structures once they have been built. One is with the ACE interaction menu, the other is with ALiVE logistics. Alive logistics can be activated and deactivated from the ALiVE menu (default key is the APP key, If you do not have that key you can map it to any other key once in-game by going to Configure >> Controls >> Configure Addons >> Addon: ALiVE.).
Vehicles are very important in arma3mercenaries! When you purchase one from the store, you own it and will have the option available to store it when at a garage. You can "claim" enemy and civilian vehicles. Enemy vehicles that you claim can be sold for a profit.
**Tip**: When storing a vehicle in a garage, everything inside of the vehicle inventory will also be stored!
My best suggestion is to dive in and start to experiment! I look forward to seeing you out on the battlefield!
Couple things to note before I wrap this up:
- If you die, you have to retrieve your money from your corpse. Don't panic, you have 1 hour before your corpse decomposes. There will always be a "death marker" showing the location of your most recent death, however, I suggest manually marking the location as well...
- Fortifications can be retrieved from the store cargo container by utilizing the ACE interaction menu.
-The test server is first-person only.
- the ACE settings have been toned down...This is not a milsim server but it is challenging.
- I am usually streaming on my Twitch if you are interested in seeing it in action...
Current mods required to play on the test server are:
- LAMBS RPG
- LAMBS Turrets
- LAMBS Danger.fsm
- Arma 3: ALiVE
- Advanced Combat Environment Extras
- Advanced Combat Environment
- Community Base Addons
Currently known BUGS:
- When drinking or refilling a water storage item (canteen, water bottle, soda can) it will sometimes be dropped on the ground. Make sure to lay eyes on the ground beneath your feet or vehicle.
- The scoreboard may be incorrect. It may show that you died 2 times when you only died once. Also, when you wound an enemy and they bleed out, the kill will not be counted.
- When placing fortifications with ALiVE logistics, it sometimes bugs out and will damage you when coming into contact with it. The simple fix is to pick it up and place it back down.
- When recruiting a mercenary AI that belongs to an opposing faction, like Spetsnaz, sometimes the slight delay before he joins your group, other friendlies will mistake them for an enemy and attack each other. It is recommended to make sure that the spawn point is clear of friendlies.
- AI teammates can be extremely buggy. Sometimes they do not follow orders, sometimes they get stuck on fortifications among a whole slew of other issues. I can't say much besides, good luck, if your patient, you will overcome the hurdles.
**TO BE CONTINUED! COME BACK LATER, HOPEFULLY, I WILL HAVE THIS FINISHED BY THEN :)**
Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/arma3mercenaries
GitHub : https://github.com/BrianV1981/arma3mercenaries
Discord : https://discord.com/invite/nS6qfY9
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/brianv1981